• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Flyboybuster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Howdy!
I have a Williams super flite. The machine is working reasonably well, however the outhole relay won’t close long enough (it does pulse) to trigger the resets, ball kicker.......

The switch’s are clean, so I’m looking for ideas. Could it be that I need a new coil for the outhole relay?

#2 8 months ago

You need to look at the schematic to see what makes the outhole relay drop out after it is energized. Check switch 5-B on the score motor, looks like that should keep it energized for most of a score motor rotation (it should be a normally closed switch).

#3 8 months ago

Ok, I thought the score motors’ pulse was what activated and deactivated the outhole relay. So there is a deactivating switch too?

#4 8 months ago

What exactly is the problem? Why do you think you have an outhole relay issue?

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from Flyboybuster:

Ok, I thought the score motors’ pulse was what activated and deactivated the outhole relay. So there is a deactivating switch too?

Switch 6-B will activate the relay once the bonus hits zero. Then it stays energized until switch 5-B opens. So yes there is one pulse to activate it and one to deactivate.

You can put the score motor into service mode and manually turn it to check correct operation.

#6 8 months ago

Dr, you nailed it! it was the score motor switch not being correctly positioned.

How about another problem.....the game almost always goes into a 2 player game from one start button push? Not always, but most of the time

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 89.99
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 18.95
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 37.50
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 9.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
PinSound
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside