I'm working on an Allied Leisure dynomite. It's been somewhat of a challenging machine.
Somewhat in EM fashion, coils fire when a relay is engaged. The relays engage when triggered by the relay PCB.
In this particular case, the kickout coil doesn't seem to fire. This is the only problem in the game, as far as I can tell--everything else in the game appears to operate correctly. I've been trying to figure this issue out off and on for a few weeks. I think I need a fresh pair of eyes.
- The coil gets the proper voltage.
- The coil gives the correct resistance rating.
- The ball reset relay is triggered at the expected times, however, the coil doesn't actually fire.
- The plunger can slide unhindered through the coil.
- Holding the plunger half-way into the coil doesn't cause the coil to "grab" it.
- The wires are attached to the correct lugs on the coil (another owner supplied photos for comparison).
- Removing relays from their sockets and swapping them around has no effect. All relays appear to be in working order.
- The connectors have been re-pinned (which resolved most issues except for this one)
- Grounding the coil (or any coil) to earth ground does not cause a coil to fire. The circuit for the coils appears to be a loop through the 24v bridge rectifier, but I'm hesitant to ground a coil through it anything since the schematics don't seem to match up 100%.
- The wiring schematics are a bit difficult to follow, making it challenging to trace signal paths.
If you have any ideas or could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Photos and schematics below. I can easily provide more if they would be helpful.