Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GREG_O
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Having an issue with the the 10 and 100 score reels. The 10 score will progress from 0 to 9 as the scoring dictates. When the 10 reel transitions from 9 to 0 the 100 doesn't advance. This only happens on player 1. Player 2 functions correctly. I've checked the 0, 1-8, 9 position switch's. Cleaned contacts and adjusted the gaps. I can manually operate any of the 10's scoring and the score reel advances. It just keeps rolling over with no 100 addition. I've checked the gaps and cleaned the N and M relays. What else am I missing? Could this be a cold solder issue? The game is a barn find I am resurrecting from the dead so I don't know if this issue just started or was always a problem. Got the game 95%. Couple more little issues and it will be fully functioning. Help would me much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#2 7 years ago

Hi Greg
actually I do not know much about 2-player-games. I have a schema Gottlieb Big Brave. Do You have a schema of Outer Space ?

Look in Your pin when SECOND player is playing -> he makes -> 70 -> 80 -> 90 -> 100 points. See how the (N?)-10-points-relay AND the (M?)-100-points-relay pull in at the same time ?
And so the question - PLAYER-1 makes -> 70 -> 80 -> 90 -> 100 points, question: Does the (M?)-100-points-relay (also) pulls in ?

"Answer 'Yes' would be strange - I assume "Answer No" -> the schema "Big Brave" tells me: When the plunger on a 10-point-score-reel is pulled (to give 10 points) - plunger travels -> at end of travel the plunger closes an (End Of Stroke) Switch. Through THIS closed Switch and the "mounted in-line 9th-position-switch on the Score-Reel: Current flows to (M?)-100-points-relay. And if the switch on "player-1-10-points-score-reel" is dirty or misadjusted or a wire has broken-off a solder-lug: The fault.

(((Want to try ?: Sneak-in a stripe of paper (for insulating the switchblades / keeping apart the switchblades) into E.O.S.Switch (End Of Stroke) Switch on PLAYER-2-10-points-score-reel ? This I advice so You see the fault on PLAYER-2-SCORE-REEL and so You know You look in the right place))). Greetings Rolf

#3 7 years ago

Lover your work Rolf, just checked to see if you have closed all your brackets... And yes you have.

#4 7 years ago

I do have a schematic. Another thing I have tried is to manually operate the M and N relays. Same thing. 2 works, 1 doesn't. I'll look at it tonight and see what happens. To be continued. Thanks.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

checked to see if you have closed all your brackets... And yes you have.

Rolf, were you a school teacher in another life?

#6 7 years ago

Hi Chrisbee and Dr_of_Style
my father was a teacher - I was a programmer in Cobol and PL/1 until the Swiss Companies have found out: "Maintenance done in India is 30 percent cheaper" ...
Here in the forum the Newbies ask the questions - I try to avoid conversations as: http://1funny.com/farmer-wants-a-divorce/
How about asking "Is the Switch on Lock-Relay gapped loose so a latched G.O-Relay trips when You toggle-on ?" ? Greetings Rolf

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Start of stroke switch was not adjusted properly. Thanks Clay for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outer-space-1st-player-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.