(Topic ID: 272006)

Outdoor movie setup

By Diospinball

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B6A4E7D1-BFF2-4DD1-87A2-CFED09D10C29 (resized).jpeg
    Cropped movie screen (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

So... I haven't been feeling pinball for the last few months. I just really haven't felt like playing.
    I still love pinball, and maybe that is why I haven't played it really at all. I want things to return to normal and enjoy playing it then. I also miss going to Galloping Ghost Pinball. I really hope they will remain in business after Covid.
    Anyway... I decided a good way to be able to visit my family and still be safe is to do outdoor movies. Everyone can stay apart and watch the film.
    I generally start off with cartoons and then go to the feature.
    To date we have watched Ghostbusters, Rocky, and 2/3 of Tim Burton's Batman movie(it was cold and windy and started to rain).
    Next up is 1980s Flash Gordon, Blues Brothers, and The Last Crusade.
    Fun times.
    The screen takes about 15-20 minutes to setup and less than 10 minutes to pack back up. One of the buttons though doesn't really pop in... But, just one. The others work fine. So the screen works fine.
    [quoted image]

I've always wanted to set something like this up for football season. Just camp out on the deck and watch football all day on the big screen. Maybe this year if we have a season.

What kind of projector is it? 4K is getting cheaper and I'm in an ATSC 3 market. This might be the year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outdoor-movie-setup?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.