Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bleargh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kickgrassoverdatshit.jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

I would guess that lots of C List bargains aren't even bragged about here on Pinside. Some people like to discuss their great fortune, but many probably just keep it to themselves.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ozzie:

I am consistently surprised by the deals people say they have got on Craigslist. That is just not my experience.
    Do you have apps that provide you alerts?
    Just check consistently every day throughout the day?
    How far from your home do you check?

I have a few saved searches in "cPRO" on my iPhone, and it keeps an eye on things for me in the regions I can get to. That said, though, the best scores I've ever had were just from happening to open it up in my browser at just the right moment.

As for "how far from home", I search anywhere within ~150-200 miles from here. However... that's really just "anywhere on Vancouver Island"; it costs a freakin fortune to take the ferry over to Vancouver (~$100 each way, not incl gas). I have been tempted to grab a U-Haul and make a trip over to pick up a few machines all at once, but I'd have to fill the truck to make it worth the rental, gas, and ferry costs.

Thinking about it... the best Craigslist scores I've had were also ones that were in my own town. Lol... mebbe I shouldn't be searching so far out across the island....

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outbid-on-craigslistlame/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.