• Latest reply 4 years ago by Y3AG3R
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AvengersPFbottom (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

About 6 months ago, the ball eject system increased in force. It really pops out! Now with push of start button, the ball pops out and there is a sharp thud or clank in lower right hand corner of cabinet and Thor target fires with multiple points given without a ball being launched. During 1st ball launch and play, there are multiple times the game automatically goes into various Avenger vs. Avenger modes, even without them being collected.

I went through all tests and diagnostics. Everything is find except for a switch alert: D-15: shooter lane; "out of service." There are FIVE switches under the ball trough. All solder joints appear intact. Can I assume it's one of the switches? How do you test them? Do you use a volt meter and if so how do you test them? I'm not an electrical whiz!

Frank

#2 7 years ago

Wouldn't the shooter lane be the switch in front of the plunger, not in the trough?

You can check the switches using a continuity tester, put your multimeter on the outer pins and see if you get continuity when you close the switch

#3 7 years ago

Go into your individual switch test. With the glass off, use a ball to activate the switch in the shooter lane (D15). Does the test show it's stuck on? Never working?

Page P13 in the LE manual on Stern's site shows the area to check. This is the underside of the playfield.

AvengersPFbottom (resized).jpgAvengersPFbottom (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wouldn't the shooter lane be the switch in front of the plunger, not in the trough?
You can check the switches using a continuity tester, put your multimeter on the outer pins and see if you get continuity when you close the switch

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Go into your individual switch test. With the glass off, use a ball to activate the switch in the shooter lane (D15). Does the test show it's stuck on? Never working?
Page P13 in the LE manual on Stern's site shows the area to check. This is the underside of the playfield.

I love you pinside guys! Thanks!! It's the shooter lane switch in front of the plunger, not the 5 switches of the trough! On inspection, one of the solder joints of the cathode had come loose.

Thank you, thank you! P.S.: My Avengers LE Hulk is one of the best games from Stern!!

2 years later
#5 4 years ago

This just started happening on mine also, confirmed it is the shooter lane switch. Thanks for being awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/out-of-service-shooter-lane-d-15-switch-alert-in-avengers-le?hl=y3ag3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.