Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1450 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1449 (resized).jpg
    its_not_plugged_in_yet (resized).jpg
    IMG_1608 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1607 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1599 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1598 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1597 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1594 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1595 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1593 (resized).jpg

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 5 years ago

Awesome stuff. About 5 years ago I was *this* close to pulling the trigger on a steel building the exact same size. I ended up not doing it out of worry that I wouldn't play my games as often with them outside the house, but seeing what you have now, I might start exploring the option again. I had two storage sheds full too, but unfortunately I sold the vast majority of my arcade collection (kept almost all the pinball machines), and getting them back would be a lot of work.

Excellent collection, man! That's something to be proud of.

#202 5 years ago

Thanks! You should go for it! You'll definitely need a lot of insulation though, its get cold up there

Quoted from jar155:

Awesome stuff. About 5 years ago I was *this* close to pulling the trigger on a steel building the exact same size. I ended up not doing it out of worry that I wouldn't play my games as often with them outside the house, but seeing what you have now, I might start exploring the option again. I had two storage sheds full too, but unfortunately I sold the vast majority of my arcade collection (kept almost all the pinball machines), and getting them back would be a lot of work.
    Excellent collection, man! That's something to be proud of.

#203 5 years ago

It works great but the playfield isn't awesome. Hoping to get a new playfield soon from John.

Quoted from dasvis:

That Classic Stern Seawitch on the left needs to be unleashed!

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Thanks! You should go for it! You'll definitely need a lot of insulation though, its get cold up there

In Utah, you just start carving into the side of a mountain. Mother Nature provides the insulation.

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Time and money my friend. It’s good enough for now

At the rates you were paying for storage, I don't blame you for getting them in there as quickly as possible. Holy shi*!

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

In Utah, you just start carving into the side of a mountain. Mother Nature provides the insulation.

Hah, that would be ideal. I would put an AC/heating unit in and keep it controlled.

#207 5 years ago

You're gonna need a bigger building.......

#208 5 years ago

that's impressive.
    take some aerial pictures, like put a ladder near the door, climb it and snap a panoramic shot. I want to see that place in its full glory!

#209 5 years ago

I leave for 18 hours and I miss 90 posts???

Serves me right.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

That's an amazing collection. Even more so that you're fully restoring most of them.

ESPECIALLY if those restorations are all on the level of that sweet, sweet Death Race. What a great job that was, I really enjoyed that thread and that machine....it’s awesome.

#211 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing your project with us. It’s nice to see someone have a vision that comes to fruition. This provides the much needed element of hope that we all need in our lives these days.

#212 5 years ago

Good idea. I’ll get a couple shots.

Quoted from fantarama:

that's impressive.
    take some aerial pictures, like put a ladder near the door, climb it and snap a panoramic shot. I want to see that place in its full glory!

#213 5 years ago

Thanks! They mostly are.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

ESPECIALLY if those restorations are all on the level of that sweet, sweet Death Race. What a great job that was, I really enjoyed that thread and that machine....it’s awesome.

newt (resized).jpgnewt (resized).jpg

#214 5 years ago

Im very impressed with your attention to detail, its very inspiring...

#215 5 years ago

when pacman left klov it was never the same place. why the hell did they push you to leave!!??
    hey d what is your top 5 games? do you actually ever play the games?
    what is your favorite pin?
    your collection is amazing, i was up there almost 100 games at one time and really was overwhelmed. restoring a single game takes alot of work and time. dont know how you do it.
    thanks for sharing.

#216 5 years ago

I’ve been lurking on this site for a while now, soaking up pinball knowledge, but your thread was awe inspiring enough that I actually signed up just to comment here. Your work, both on the building and machines, is top notch. Truly inspiring man.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow.
    What’s the plan for hydro? That’s a lot of games. Are you getting 600A service?
    There’s a lot of fun games in your collection that I’ve played on MAME, but I’ve never seen real machines for.
    Do you have S.A.R search and rescue? That a fun game that I’d love to play again.

If you’re ever passing through Manitoba, shoot me a message, you’re more than welcome to stop by and play sar search and rescue. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention that they are specifically looking to play that game.

#217 5 years ago

Thanks dude!

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im very impressed with your attention to detail, its very inspiring...

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

when pacman left klov it was never the same place. why the hell did they push you to leave!!??
    Its complicated I don't always play well with others. That place has some really great folks but it also has some major d-bags. I never really fit in with the dinosaurs there. They have a good ol' boy mentality and have majorly biased opinions. The mods there are all dick heads too. Especially Tom "Tombo".

do you actually ever play the games?
    Yep, but usually only when friends come over.

hey d what is your top 5 games?

That's a tough one.

Single Player:
    Discs of Tron
    Spy Hunter
    Time Pilot
    Cheyenne
    Rush N Attack

Multi Player:
    Warlords
    Joust
    Super Sprint
    Ripoff
    Cruisn World

what is your favorite pin?
    TRON LE

your collection is amazing, i was up there almost 100 games at one time and really was overwhelmed. restoring a single game takes alot of work and time. dont know how you do it.

Being semi-retired helps.

thanks for sharing.

You're welcome

#219 5 years ago

Wow, thanks! Maybe the best compliment i've ever received. So glad you like the work. Hopefully some day you can make it to So. California to get the grand tour

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I’ve been lurking on this site for a while now, soaking up pinball knowledge, but your thread was awe inspiring enough that I actually signed up just to comment here. Your work, both on the building and machines, is top notch. Truly inspiring man.

If you’re ever passing through Manitoba, shoot me a message, you’re more than welcome to stop by and play sar search and rescue. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention that they are specifically looking to play that game.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Wow, thanks! Maybe the best compliment i've ever received. So glad you like the work. Hopefully some day you can make it to So. California to get the grand tour

That would be rad! My wife and kids love travelling, I’ll have to suggest California next time. I’ll tell them it’s for Disneyland, but we that we need to make a small detour at some point lol.
    Kudos again man for your work. Very inspiring.

#221 5 years ago

Eagerly awaiting announcement of, and invitation to, the first annual Pacman Pinside Pool Palooza!

#222 5 years ago

Just amazing, thanks for sharing!

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Eagerly awaiting announcement of, and invitation to, the first annual Pacman Pinside Pool Palooza!

Ooh, I can do the shirts!
    PAC’s Avatar in sunglasses+mankini, sliding down the slide spread eagle into a pool of awaiting famous pinsiders...

#224 5 years ago

Sounds like a plan.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

#226 5 years ago

Oh Pacman....words cannot express. You never cease to amaze. Please, (PLEASE!!!) include me in your list of guests to your first get together. Not only do I want to marvel at and enjoy your gorgeous, massive collection - but I want to shake the hand of the man that sold me my grail games. My Outrun Deluxe and Space Harrier Deluxe machines are the pride and joy of my entire collection. You are a true artist sir! It would be worth the plane ticket.

#227 5 years ago

Fantastic!!

Quoted from NimblePin:

Ooh, I can do the shirts!
    PAC’s Avatar in sunglasses+mankini, sliding down the slide spread eagle into a pool of awaiting famous pinsiders...

#228 5 years ago

Thanks bro, you’re welcome to hang out anytime. Should be operational soon. Pool will be done in a month or so (I hope).

Quoted from Latinfantom:

Oh Pacman....words cannot express. You never cease to amaze. Please, (PLEASE!!!) include me in your list of guests to your first get together. Not only do I want to marvel at and enjoy your gorgeous, massive collection - but I want to shake the hand of the man that sold me my grail games. My Outrun Deluxe and Space Harrier Deluxe machines are the pride and joy of my entire collection. You are a true artist sir! It would be worth the plane ticket.

#229 5 years ago

Got a smokin deal on some huge industrial shelves from a buddy in town.
    Tall enough to actually slide full upright games enderneath. Got a few set up, setting up a couple more later.

#230 5 years ago

Awesome, as usual.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Got a smokin deal on some huge industrial shelves from a buddy in town.
    Tall enough to actually slide full upright games enderneath. Got a few set up, setting up a couple more later.

Ooooh, cant wait for pics

#232 5 years ago

Man, if I had the land I'd be building already.

#233 5 years ago

Just love watching your projects from beginning to fruition. Thanks for sharing with us all!

#234 5 years ago

Here's the 3 big shelves on the right 3' deep, 10' tall, 8' long.

And a couple smaller shelves on the left that are holding monitors are 2' deep, 6' tall, 8' long.

IMG_0355 (resized).jpgIMG_0355 (resized).jpg

#235 5 years ago

One pic. Was in a hurry.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ooooh, cant wait for pics

#236 5 years ago

Super job!!! Thanks for breaking down the cost of the project too. Its amazing how quick things get expensive.
    Thanks
    Blake

#237 5 years ago

IMG_0363 (resized).jpgIMG_0363 (resized).jpg

IMG_0364 (resized).jpgIMG_0364 (resized).jpg

IMG_0365 (resized).jpgIMG_0365 (resized).jpg

#238 5 years ago

Pins fit nicely under there.

IMG_0370 (resized).jpgIMG_0370 (resized).jpg

#239 5 years ago

what are you going to use the shelves for? parts? neons? signs? etc???

#240 5 years ago

Parts, parts, parts and Halloween props.

Quoted from rollinover:

what are you going to use the shelves for? parts? neons? signs? etc???

#241 5 years ago

You could use a power lift.

#242 5 years ago

This place is screaming for some murals on the wall

#243 5 years ago

Anyone else disgusted that the put the shelves over the only pinball machines?

I love this guy's dedication to the hobby... but I'm starting to question his sanity.

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I love this guy's dedication to the hobby... but I'm starting to question his sanity.

I agree California earthquake shakes shelves apart total collection destroyed! Unless, insurance covers collection PACMAN now newest California millionaire!

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

nah, I kind of like it.

Efficient use of space and it tucks the games in a bit. I likely would put down plywood or something on the shelfs to block the top from dust and also to keep the light and sound in over the pins. Make it feel more cozy.

I also would probably put the vids under the shelving as they will need less hands on work than pins and easier to get into them.

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Halloween props.

Oh really? Care to share details?
    I used to have a full size toe pincher coffin w/ some computer automation... among many other things.
    Guess you need an o/t thread for deets!

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

pacman now newest California millionaire!

He's been there....done that!

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

The way I look at it he’s making room under his storage shelves to fit as many pins and games in there as possible...now that’s dedication!

#249 5 years ago

Exactly.

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

The way I look at it he’s making room under his storage shelves to fit as many pins and games in there as possible...now that’s dedication!

#250 5 years ago

It’s kind of a parking garage for projects that need a bit of work but it’s also roomy enough under there to play the games comfortably. I’ll have vids under there as well.

Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, I kind of like it.
    Efficient use of space and it tucks the games in a bit. I likely would put down plywood or something on the shelfs to block the top from dust and also to keep the light and sound in over the pins. Make it feel more cozy.
    I also would probably put the vids under the shelving as they will need less hands on work than pins and easier to get into them.

There are 302 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/out-of-room-throw-up-a-steel-building/page/5?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.