Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230129_221827 (resized).jpg
53FA843E-600C-4410-A9B1-D67881EF5666 (resized).jpeg
B7B865BC-1E93-47BC-A54D-C2A443C229E3 (resized).jpeg
BFD2C1C1-6AFD-4C3B-A2E4-7D8DCAE09FAB (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Alright gang I’m up in arms with this game. Is anyone else having odd glitches with their TMNT prem/LE?

My fun all started with not getting the “initial setup” screen upon first power up. - ok, I can live with that....
Then, when I open the coin door, I don’t get the “48V disabled” alert. The playfield powers down, but program keeps running.
Other problems followed:
1. Weird node board technician alerts. I’ve unplugged all CAT cables and replugged and no improvement. And game still plays...Node boards are all functioning correctly (as per LED light status). See pics
2. When I shoot to the “training” shot behind flipper, the switch recognizes the ball but mode doesn’t start. Again, I’ve confirmed that the switch itself does work (see video)
3. Stern OEM shaker goes off whenever the pizza disk starts/stops spinning. I can’t imagine this is correct...I’ve disconnected the pizza disk to see if game was still acting up and no improvement.
4. During a mode, The lights flicker like they do when you power up the game (see video).
5. I’ve had occasional slam tilts (without the tilt bob installed). Bear in mind, I have a node capacitor installed with the stern shaker and have had this happen without the shaker installed.
6. There was a couple times that the game just kept feeding the turtle van balls to the point I had to turn off the game to get them out. Again, diverter switch/opto is functioning as per switch test.

All CPU LEDs look like everything is functioning as should.
What’s more puzzling, is I swapped the SD card with my JP (disconnected CAT cords of course), and when I open the coin door I get the “48V disabled” alert. Which takes me down the path of code or SD problem. So o bought a new SD, flashed the updated code to it and still same issues...

I’ve been in contact with my distributor who’s been more then supportive but of course since stern only has 2 techs, getting back to me to resolve this has been all but a chore. Figured I’d see if any of you guys have insight on this.

What the hell is going on?! this shit is ridiculous! Can’t even play my new game because of how glitchy the damn thing is!

53FA843E-600C-4410-A9B1-D67881EF5666 (resized).jpeg53FA843E-600C-4410-A9B1-D67881EF5666 (resized).jpegB7B865BC-1E93-47BC-A54D-C2A443C229E3 (resized).jpegB7B865BC-1E93-47BC-A54D-C2A443C229E3 (resized).jpegBFD2C1C1-6AFD-4C3B-A2E4-7D8DCAE09FAB (resized).jpegBFD2C1C1-6AFD-4C3B-A2E4-7D8DCAE09FAB (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Couple of questions/comments on each number:

1. Dumb question, but is the coin door closed or open when you see this error? (Or both)
2. Is training lit when you shoot the lair shot? (Also, there is no video posted). If training isn’t lit, it won’t start the mode. Leonardo is the only turtle that starts with it lit (not saying you didn’t know this, just asking the question since no video)
3. Yes, the shaker activates on start/stop of the pizza spinning. Folks have commented on it in the owners club thread. Weird, I know.
4. Doesn’t sound right, but I don’t see a video linked.
5. Definitely sounds like an issue.
6. Was the van already loaded with three balls when it happened? Was it during the multi ball while ball save timer was still active?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Couple of questions/comments on each number:
1. Dumb question, but is the coin door closed or open when you see this error? (Or both)
2. Is training lit when you shoot the lair shot? (Also, there is no video posted). If training isn’t lit, it won’t start the mode. Leonardo is the only turtle that starts with it lit (not saying you didn’t know this, just asking the question since no video)
3. Yes, the shaker activates on start/stop of the pizza spinning. Folks have commented on it in the owners club thread. Weird, I know.
4. Doesn’t sound right, but I don’t see a video linked.
5. Definitely sounds like an issue.
6. Was the van already loaded with three balls when it happened? Was it during the multi ball while ball save timer was still active?

1. So I figured this one out last night. I believe with this version of code, we don’t get a “48v disabled” screen when opening door. Only when the door opens do I get the technician alerts which makes sense because all node boards power down. When I close the door, those alerts go away.
2. Figured out the LAIR shot - the switches were working but ball was traveling over them too fast. Simple bend to the switches fixed this and now I have no problem there.
3. Glad to hear the shaker with pizza disk isn’t just me lol. It’s rather annoying and I don’t see how anybody thinks that it integrates well with gameplay.
4. I’ve never linked a video but have it on my phone. Need to figure this out lol. However, it kind of leads me to believe that I might have to adjust power supply. This is typically happening in the 1-2-3 foot mode. Might be happening because maybe that modes uses a lot of power and doesn’t have enough coming through?
5. Haven’t had that happen lately. Might have been a “first 5 games” glitch.
6. The van was already loaded with 3 balls when this happened.

Thanks for the help! I’ll try to get a video posted shortly of that other issue.

#4 3 years ago

After about 30 plays I had an issue with the left sling, just needed a bent leaf switch.

Now it’s developed a “jitter” with the glider where it kind of wiggles back and forth in the center position. I tried the adjustment where you can adjust the center position of the glider and it still does it both during play and during attract.

Anyone else have this or find a fix? Thanks!

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

I had the node 1,8,9 error after i updated mine to the latest code. If you press the door switch the all go away. For some reason the update fried my glider so it stopped working (got a node 9 over current message). In the process of getting a new one from stern now. The only issue i have is with the shaker motor. I installed it last week and turned the weights 180 degrees out and on certain scenarios it still rattles the whole machine and sounds terrible and get very little shaking on small things. I have an avengers LE and the shaker motor in that shakes the machine and doesn't sound like its falling apart. glass and cabinet rattle are terrible

#6 3 years ago

I have the same problem with the balls in the van. It tries to load 6 balls in the van when only 3 fit. The last three stack up in the gate and wire form behind the van. I reported to Stern as a software issue. It happened on version 1.11 and 1.21. I hope this gets fixed quick. About one out of ten games ends in taking the glass off to clear all the balls. Very frustrating. I hope Dwight gets this fixed soon.

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

Has anyone done the glider servo replacement from amazon? I am looking at trying to replace it myself. I dont know what sterns deal is but still dont have an ETA for a new glider after a month. Looks like its a straight forward motor swap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MU7TQV8

#8 3 years ago

Sad for 7500 bucks we encounter these issues.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Has anyone done the glider servo replacement from amazon? I am looking at trying to replace it myself. I dont know what sterns deal is but still dont have an ETA for a new glider after a month. Looks like its a straight forward motor swap.
amazon.com link »

Let us know how this goes if you try it out. Cross posting from the other thread:

My glider is messed up. Trying to calibrate it and it will only let me adjust the center position. When moving it to any of the left or right positions and then selecting enter to calibrate it, the diverter just moves back to the center. Saw someone else post this earlier but didnt see if this was normal or messed up. Seems broken to me, cant find any other way to try and set any of the other left or right positions. I can hear a ticking/grinding noise from the glider in attract mode as if the glider is trying to move but cant. The action button also only seems to move it after the game plays for a little bit - can anyone confirm that the glider is supposed to move left or right immediately upon ball launch when you hit the button? I.e. you dont have to hit a shot or anything specific to move the glider with the action button?

Also, I've been getting balls stuck in the start episode/pizza party lock area. Raised the rear legs about a half inch and it helped. Anyone else have this and have a good fix for it? There doesnt look like anything blocking them from draining, wondering if the two metal walls are too tight or something on the balls?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Let us know how this goes if you try it out. Cross posting from the other thread:
My glider is messed up. Trying to calibrate it and it will only let me adjust the center position. When moving it to any of the left or right positions and then selecting enter to calibrate it, the diverter just moves back to the center. Saw someone else post this earlier but didnt see if this was normal or messed up. Seems broken to me, cant find any other way to try and set any of the other left or right positions. I can hear a ticking/grinding noise from the glider in attract mode as if the glider is trying to move but cant. The action button also only seems to move it after the game plays for a little bit - can anyone confirm that the glider is supposed to move left or right immediately upon ball launch when you hit the button? I.e. you dont have to hit a shot or anything specific to move the glider with the action button?
Also, I've been getting balls stuck in the start episode/pizza party lock area. Raised the rear legs about a half inch and it helped. Anyone else have this and have a good fix for it? There doesnt look like anything blocking them from draining, wondering if the two metal walls are too tight or something on the balls?

Have you checked to see if you balls are magnetized
?

1 week later
#11 3 years ago

OK everyone, good news. I just got done switching out the servo motor on my glider and for the first time since day one, IT WORKS!! I'm going to play it a bit today and make sure it doesn't have any issues. All in all it was an easy swap. All you need is a screwdriver, nut driver, and two tiny zip ties. This was a plug and play part. It took about 20 minutes to do. Have to take both lower rails off (4 nuts) and then 3 screws on the glider mech and it pops off. Then 4 bolts holding the servo down. Cut some zip ties and then put everything back. Under the playfield there is a small circuit board that is wrapped in heat shrink that goes in line with the servo wires that you will reuse. If you are planning on putting some new Titan post rubbers now is a good time since that glider is over two of them. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me...

Here is the part on amazon I used.
https://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32645S-HS-645MG-Torque-Metal/dp/B003T6RSVQ/ref=sr_1_1

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

I have the same problem with the balls in the van. It tries to load 6 balls in the van when only 3 fit. The last three stack up in the gate and wire form behind the van. I reported to Stern as a software issue. It happened on version 1.11 and 1.21. I hope this gets fixed quick. About one out of ten games ends in taking the glass off to clear all the balls. Very frustrating. I hope Dwight gets this fixed soon.

I have the same problem and it seems to follow the following combo NINJA PIZZA MULTIBALL + TURTLE POWER MULTIBALL. During the TURTLE POWER MULTIBALL the system appears to loose count of the balls and after the last ball drains there's a ball stuck just prior to entering the van. Are you experiencing the same flow ?

1 week later
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Ducatination:

I have the same problem and it seems to follow the following combo NINJA PIZZA MULTIBALL + TURTLE POWER MULTIBALL. During the TURTLE POWER MULTIBALL the system appears to loose count of the balls and after the last ball drains there's a ball stuck just prior to entering the van. Are you experiencing the same flow ?

I got my TMNT Premium today and after about 20 games or so I've now got exactly the same problem. Loses count of multiball in turtle power multiball, and there is a ball sitting behind the truck looks like its waiting to go in. If you turn the machine off and on, and then start a new game, a ball is ejected from the trough and once you plunge you start multiball immediately. Also when I reboot the game and check active switches it says only trough 1, 2, 3, and 4 are active - should there be any others active when you boot up the machine? If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to fix your issue? Thanks heaps! Erik.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from ozsammyboy:

I got my TMNT Premium today and after about 20 games or so I've now got exactly the same problem. Loses count of multiball in turtle power multiball, and there is a ball sitting behind the truck looks like its waiting to go in. If you turn the machine off and on, and then start a new game, a ball is ejected from the trough and once you plunge you start multiball immediately. Also when I reboot the game and check active switches it says only trough 1, 2, 3, and 4 are active - should there be any others active when you boot up the machine? If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to fix your issue? Thanks heaps! Erik.

Multiple people are having the issue, are you running code 1.22. Seems to be a code issue so not much we can do until they fix the bug

#15 3 years ago

Makes me want to just get a pro tbh.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Multiple people are having the issue, are you running code 1.22. Seems to be a code issue so not much we can do until they fix the bug

Yes running the latest code. Was in turtle multiball in the first game i played today and had six balls lined up in the ramp behind the turtle van entrance. Very frustrating. Would of played no more than 20 games. Crazy that a NIB machine is so flawed already.

#17 3 years ago

FWIW: My distributor accidentally put one extra ball in the game, which seriously pissed off my Premium. Once I removed it all was good. Maybe that helps somehow?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

FWIW: My distributor accidentally put one extra ball in the game, which seriously pissed off my Premium. Once I removed it all was good. Maybe that helps somehow?

I removed all 8 balls and did an active switch test. No switches apart from dip switches were active. I feed each of the balls into the trough - one at a time - no trough switches were active (weird). Then I backed out of diagnostics - the machine then went through firing balls out of the trough and loading up the pizza van. It spit out the first 2 (maybe 3) balls in the van as soon as they were loaded but then proceeded to load them again. With five balls in the trough and three in the pizza van I went back into active switch diagnostics. It showed trough 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 were active but it didn't come up with anything saying that there were switches active in the pizza van. Does this sound correct? Should I see active switches if there are three balls in the pizza van?

Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from ozsammyboy:

Yes running the latest code. Was in turtle multiball in the first game i played today and had six balls lined up in the ramp behind the turtle van entrance. Very frustrating. Would of played no more than 20 games. Crazy that a NIB machine is so flawed already.

Don’t think it’s fair to say the machine is flawed because they need to change a piece of code. If it’s that big of an issue put 1.21 on it until the bug is fixed.

2 years later
#20 1 year ago

Running code 1.54.0 and still have issues with my premium loading balls in the van. I bought new balls due to the magnetized comment and everything returned to normal, 20 games later it is happening again. Replaced the balls again but the new ones are having the same issue. Anyone know a fix for this as it is starting to ruin this title for me. It continuously loads and empties the van. Please help?

#21 1 year ago

Ok, crazy lucky I guess, i found the culprit. There is plug the worked it's way out, i reseated and issue is gone, idk how it worked between ball replacement but it did. I included a picture of what plug was hanging out. Hope this helps someone else. It was on the left sid of the apron card area.

20230129_221827 (resized).jpg20230129_221827 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/out-of-box-issues-with-tmnt-premium?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.