8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by snextime
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capt Fantastic Out Hole relay (resized).jpg

#1 8 days ago

Captain Fantastic. I just got this machine and went through everything since it was in storage for 15 years. When I start a game the out hole relay just quickly fires but not long enough to start the game. If I hold it with my hand it will start. And yes the relay was in good condition with the wiring till I melted it detaching the wire, it acted the same before I messed it up, new one in order. Video.

#2 8 days ago
Quoted from snextime:

When I start a game the out hole relay just quickly fires but not long enough to start the game.

Chances are that one of the two switches on the lock in circuit isn't closing:
Capt Fantastic Out Hole relay (resized).jpg

What should happen is that once the Out Hole relay fires, its own lock in switch (blue-white wire to white-black wire) should close and keep the relay closed until the Score Motor opens the Make/Break switch (white-black wire to yellow wire) later in the cycle.

The Score Motor switch looks like it's labeled 8C which would be the third switch up in the switch stack from the 8th cam of the Score Motor. (see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-kings-power-free-play-and-top-hole-issue#post-4457680)

/Mark

#3 8 days ago

Thank you! I looked at the stack on 8 and adjusted the switch and it works. Now I got to figure out why my chime is staying energized now.

Quoted from MarkG:Chances are that one of the two switches on the lock in circuit isn't closing:
[quoted image]
What should happen is that once the Out Hole relay fires, its own lock in switch (blue-white wire to white-black wire) should close and keep the relay closed until the Score Motor opens the Make/Break switch (white-black wire to yellow wire) later in the cycle.
The Score Motor switch looks like it's labeled 8C which would be the third switch up in the switch stack from the 8th cam of the Score Motor. (see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-kings-power-free-play-and-top-hole-issue#post-4457680)
/Mark

#4 8 days ago

Problem fixed. On to the next issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 26.95
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 132.00
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 329.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 30.40
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside