Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by eyeamred2u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

My condolences to our friend Ed ( G-P-E ) on the sudden recent loss of his wife.

From Ed's web site:

5 June 2022 -
    Due to the sudden and unexpected death of my wife, I have lost all motivation to continue operations of Great Plains Electronics. GPE will remain closed until at least mid-July while I decide if or when to restart operations.

Ed is a great guy and a great friend of pinball. May she rest in peace.
    --
    Chris Hibler

#2 1 year ago

Prayers to Ed. I can see how that can be devastating.

#3 1 year ago

Ugh, so sorry to hear this, that's terrible news.

Ed will be in my thoughts and prayers.

My sincere condolences to Ed, and all his wife's family and friends.

#4 1 year ago

Condolences to Ed and his family. I could not imagine losing the love of my life.

#5 1 year ago

That's upsetting to hear what he is going through....I wouldn't blame him at all for not having any motivation right now. He is a true benefit for components for pinball and has been for years...hopefully time will heal his hurting.....God bless him and his family.

#6 1 year ago

Another thread was started about a month ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ed-at-great-plains-electronics/

Has anyone heard from Ed at all since then?

#7 1 year ago

I don’t know anyone else who has talked to Ed other than the guy in the original thread which I was not aware of. Today was the first day he put the information on his website.

Chris

#8 1 year ago

Sudden, (especially unexpected) loss of a family member is one of the most difficult things than anyone ever has to face.

At some point in the future, a return to things such as work may be a welcome way to help take away some of the pain; but right now he needs to take the time to grieve.

I will add him to my daily prayers. Oscar

#9 1 year ago

Prayers for ED and family.

#10 1 year ago

Sending prayers to Ed and his family, Very sorry to hear this....

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Has anyone heard from Ed at all since then?

Looks like he posted something 3 days ago and 1 day ago but prior to that all quiet.

Just to be clear Ed is G-P-E with the unmistakably cute dog?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Looks like he posted something 3 days ago and 1 day ago but prior to that all quiet.
    Just to be clear Ed is G-P-E with the unmistakably cute dog?

Yes. Ed is a great asset to the community and I hope he finds his way thru this difficult time. Prayers.

#13 1 year ago

Very sad to hear this. My sincere condolences to Ed and his family.

#14 1 year ago

I’m so sorry! My condolences to Ed and his family!

#15 1 year ago

That's awful. My condolences..

#16 1 year ago

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry my friend.

#17 1 year ago

Offering my prayers Ed.

#18 1 year ago

condolences to Ed - he's been an amazing asset to the hobby and I wish him well in these tough times

#19 1 year ago

Thoughts, and Prayers to Ed and family. Let's support him in any way possible.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/our-friend-ed-at-gpe-could-use-your-prayers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.