(Topic ID: 57492)

Our first NiB.....Metallica! Thanks GeX (JJ)

By bpull

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stretch2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lineup.jpg
toothless.jpg
NIBopen.jpg
coriplaying.jpg
met.jpg
NIB.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So here is the story. Several weeks back I heard that Marvin's Mechanical had a Metallica on location. I convinced a few co-workers to go there on our lunch to play a few games. I really enjoyed the game. So on the next weekend I told my wife we should go play it. She loves Metallica, she Likes pinball. So after the first game she turns to me a says. "I want it." LOL Not thinking she was serious, the next day she ask if I had gotten any quotes? What?? You're serious about this aren't you? Yep. I want one.

I got a few prices, gave her the figures and we both decided that JJ from GEX was the way to go. He made our first NiB experience flawless.

The machine showed up fast! I think we finalized the order on Tuesday of last week and I jokingly told JJ that Monday(today) is my wife's birthday and it would be great to have it before then. Well, it showed up on Friday, so you can imagine the weekend we had. Here are some pics...

On a side note, I'll be selling my Diamond Lady very soon. Gotta pay this purchase off and get ready for the next Nib. LoL

NIB.jpgNIB.jpg met.jpgmet.jpg coriplaying.jpgcoriplaying.jpg

#2 10 years ago

the only thing we are bummed about is that the snake is toothless. I'll be making some dentures for him soon. LOL

NIBopen.jpgNIBopen.jpg toothless.jpgtoothless.jpg lineup.jpglineup.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Congrats!

I have one coming tomorrow, purchased through JJ. Buying NIB is a slippery slope. I bought my first game 14 years ago, but never a NIB until last October. JJ and Stern make it so easy.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks Herg,
I waxed the playfield yesterday to give it some extra protection and Holy Crap, it's even faster now!
Brian

#5 10 years ago

Congrats bp.....it is a great game....with great service...also a plus!

Enjoy

#6 10 years ago

So awesome on the pickup! This will probably be my first nib purchase.

#7 10 years ago

Congrats.
What was the build date, and are you experiencing any of the coffin lock issues others have been experiencing?
Thanks

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Congrats.
What was the build date, and are you experiencing any of the coffin lock issues others have been experiencing?
Thanks

Looks like its a Pro... so no coffin locks

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Looks like its a Pro... so no coffin locks

Ya. I guess the LACK of hammer shoulda cued me in on that on.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks guys, Yep, just a pro version, I'll need to work a lot more overtime to get a premium.
Brian

#11 10 years ago

Happy Birthday to your wife!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Thanks guys, Yep, just a pro version, I'll need to work a lot more overtime to get a premium.
Brian

Don't say "just", IMHO the Pro is superior after playing both the Pro and the LE. That hammer is just annoying. Enjoy!

#13 10 years ago

awesome!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't say "just", IMHO the Pro is superior after playing both the Pro and the LE. That hammer is just annoying. Enjoy!

Very true. In all honesty, one of the biggest reasons for buying the pro is that it seems to have a lot going for it when comparing it to AC/DC which was another pin we wanted. But the pro version of that just seemed to be missing something(besides the lower playfield). We are very happy with our purchase.

#15 10 years ago

Love it when the wife tells me to buy a pin. It's only happened twice in my 20 years of collecting. First one was a FT back in 1996 and the other was AC/DC premium. I ordered the AC/DC on a Monday and it arrived on Friday. How about that! If only I could say the same thing about my WOZ.

pappy

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Love it when the wife tells me to buy a pin. It's only happened twice in my 20 years of collecting.
pappy

Doctor who next too it was a project pin I got off a CL ad. When I got it I told her that I could fix it up and sell it for maybe double to help fund another pin I wanted. Once I got it running both her and my son said nope, You can't sell this one. Ok, That's fine with me.
Brian

#17 10 years ago

We also have to thank JJ. We bought a Metallica and decided to add an AC/DC to the order at the last minute... as bpull says... it was a completely flawless transaction and NIB buys will be from JJ in the future!

#18 10 years ago

Congrats.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/our-first-nibmetallica-thanks-gex-jj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.