(Topic ID: 26169)

MM: Our 9 year old son defeats the King of Payne for the 1st time - he's pumped!

By Buckman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

party.jpg
plaque.JPG
90_million.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Our 9 year old son strolls home from school today, another tough day in the world of Grade 4. He decides to head down to play a game of MM and after a while I start to hear the King himself throwing out the taunts left and right. I head down to see what's going on and turns out he ends up beating the King for the first time, can't even describe how excited he was! His final score was just over 90M, his highest ever and he's now an official Castle Crusher!

Lately when he goes to bed at night we talk about pinball for a bit. Last night he was asking me what the King of Payne says when you get to him (he had never reached him before). Well today he found out for himself. Pretty cool.

Steve

90_million.JPG90_million.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Kick ass.

#3 11 years ago

Awesome!! Congrats to him!

#4 11 years ago

Love this pin! If I had to sell all of my pins, MM would be the last to go because of the sheer fun of playing it, regardless if it was a 10,0000 dollar pin or a 1000 dollar routed pin. Simple, but deep. Congrats to the little one on the high score!

#5 11 years ago

Awesome!

My boy could care less about pinball, he's 13 now...he has come to a few Seattle pinball shows with me though and we had a great time..

#6 11 years ago

Wow! Not easy to do on MM! Your son may be a future highly ranked pinball player; would rock on Jr. tournaments now.

#7 11 years ago

he has come to a few Seattle pinball shows with me though and we had a great time..

I've never been down to the big Seattle show, next year I want to head down and bring our son with me, I think he'd definitely enjoy it.

Hung a little picture up on his bedroom wall with a description of his big pinball achievement today. Off the top of my head I can't remember the first time he talked, walked, lost a tooth, etc... but I have a funny feeling I'll remember this day!

plaque.JPGplaque.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Congrats on the young one's score!!!

#9 11 years ago

The Seattle show is amazing. We've gone down the last 4-5years in a row now.

#10 11 years ago

enjoy it. my boy likes to shop them, play it one time and let it get nasty and shop it again. not a player but a cleaner.

#11 11 years ago

That is awesome congrats to the lil guy

#12 11 years ago

Well since you guys are clearly done with the game, how much should I write the check for?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Well since you guys are clearly done with the game, how much should I write the check for?

Hold that cheque, got a funny feeling MM won't be heading out the door anytime soon. Our son asked me tonight what that "Battle for the Kingdom" light means on the playfield. Explained to him what he's got to do in order to win the battle, and he's pretty stoked to take the Kingdom down.

And here he thought by taking down the King of Payne that the game was over...when really it's just the beginning. Man this game just rocks!

#14 11 years ago

Awesome story. Hey, I'm a fifth grade teacher and also taught third grade for 8 years. If you need some advice school-wise for your boy shoot me a PM. Always willing to help.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

Awesome story. Hey, I'm a fifth grade teacher and also taught third grade for 8 years. If you need some advice school-wise for your boy shoot me a PM. Always willing to help.

Best advice I ever got from another dad... he said, "Tell him the puck is for aiming for." I laughed so hard I just about pissed myself, and his statement has stuck w/me ever since. On my son's first day of kindergarden I went w/him for the "meet the teacher" part, and she was really happy that a dad showed up and could take all the kids to the little boys room and show them where it is. Five boys (mine and four others). Three of them looked over at the wall, turned back and said, "What's that?" (the urinal). I couldn't believe that these kids had never seen one before (shows how often they're out w/dad instead of w/mom). But sure enough, my son walks right up to the first one, turns back to the rest of the class, and while he's undoing his pants he points down into the urinal and says "Guys, they're for aiming at!" Next thing I knew, all the kids were lined up trying to see who could get the highest score. When we came back out into the hallway the teacher asked what all the excitement was about, and she laughed just as hard as I when I told her what had happened.

Kids... there's nothing like 'em.

#16 11 years ago

Nice after done with that. Give him LOTR or TSPP and let him ask for weeks what does this do...=-)

Very cool that you can enjoy this with your kid.

#17 11 years ago

What's up with 9 yr olds an mm. My son got 42 mil crushing my best. I figure his eyes are closer to flippers.

Great idea to hang the picture on the wall!

Has he watched pinball 101 movie yet? My boys love it.

#18 11 years ago

Great story! Someday I will have one like that hopefully!

#19 11 years ago

Must be great to have kids who are interested in pinball. My two daughters (11) were interested when I got the first two for a bit, then never again.

#20 11 years ago

Thats awesome, my kids six and been playing since he could stand and loves beating me on games. Its humbling and great at the same time. My oldest kid is not into pinball so I managed to rescue one to pinball.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Must be great to have kids who are interested in pinball. My two daughters (11) were interested when I got the first two for a bit, then never again.

Mine didn't even make it that far. Couldn't care less about the machines

#22 11 years ago

I love hearing about kids that are into playing, they are pinballs future of course. My kid is only interested in my pins for about the first 48 hours after a bring a new one home, then could care less afterwards. Yet he can play the same video games over and over again, pins just don't click with him unfortunately.

#23 11 years ago

I'm hoping my son and his buddies get back into them when he's a bit older. Here's a pic of him and his friends when I had a big tourney for them a couple years ago

party.jpgparty.jpg

#24 11 years ago

That's awesome! My 10 year old is getting back in to pinball again and mm is his thing too. Last night he played for about 3 hours

#25 11 years ago

Add one more collector to the future pool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/our-9-year-old-son-defeats-the-king-of-payne-for-the-1st-time-hes-pumped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.