Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinnMann
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230120_103423_HDR (resized).jpg
    20221229_085604_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160916_220006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_202055 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170108_214559 (resized).jpg
    20210516_130922 (resized).jpg
    3D10406E-7505-4321-ACD5-A11B2BA0D533 (resized).jpeg
    D03D2BF5-200A-4DD1-8546-5971B73308FF (resized).jpeg
    4D51B794-2527-4653-AC78-716734F80058 (resized).jpeg
    1B4AEBC3-2F8D-4459-9021-0E6C3E7C39BD (resized).jpeg
    F06D4147-40F6-4E7E-A0F2-B9C943CF8871 (resized).jpeg
    EDD1969B-00BB-416C-AB1F-4343599F2755 (resized).jpeg
    4D78BF5A-D43B-4099-B736-2FA55B2099F3 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    63147608896__CC92F00C-C810-4314-9F3C-155AD0B2A7CA (resized).jpeg
    537F5C20-DC02-4996-A16B-CD7E7974060A (resized).jpeg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Can't seem to find a topic for an Ottawa group or an easy way of searching for members in the area. The pin map function is a little painful...sorry. Just interested in knowing who the pinside members are that are in the Ottawa and surrounding area and what machines are in town; and to provide a forum to reach out to locals for assistance.

Anyone interested in a thread like this? No personal information please, just add to the thread. Once in the thread we should be able to see the machines in your profile.

1 week later
    #2 6 years ago

Bump. Is there anybody.......outthere?

#3 6 years ago

There’s a bunch of guys from Ontario on here. They probably didn’t see the thread.

Bump for a Canadian pinsider

#5 6 years ago

I am in Ottawa. There is e pretty active pinball scene here.

#6 6 years ago

A lot of local discussion occurs on maaca.org

#7 6 years ago

That’s better! Thanks for signing up.

#8 6 years ago

collingwood , on but i am in ottawa 3-4 times per year ha ha

#10 6 years ago

Ottawa pinball scene is bumpin'!

2 weeks later
    #11 6 years ago

Bump. Come on Ottawa. We know you're out there.

4 months later
    #12 5 years ago

Greetings Ottawa folks!

Originally from Ottawa myself but moved away, living in the SF Bay Area out in California for several years now. Visiting this weekend, and had two great pinball outings!

1) House of Targ. Bank St, south of downtown, not far from Lansdowne. Nice set of modern games, many newer Sterns including Iron Maiden. Well worth the visit.

2) The Neighborhood Pub, in Nepean. Went today (Monday) and had the whole pinball room to myself. Large set of games, mostly EM's and SS, with a smaller number of late 80's / early 90's games. WOW , this place blew me away - every single game I played was in tip-top shape with rocket powered flippers. Amazing experience!!! If the Sir or Madam that runs these games is in the thread, my hats off to you!!

5 months later
    #14 5 years ago

Bump for other Ottawans who wanna add their name to the group.

#15 5 years ago

Ottawa pinballer here!!

#16 5 years ago

Nice wish list scrdube... heavy on the SS Bally’s....

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Nice wish list scrdube... heavy on the SS Bally’s....

Well wish list is mostly games I’ve played and ones I want to watch threads on. Can’t say I’d ever be able to buy them all or that there are no favorites. Unfortunately the ones I like are the most expensive... probably same for everyone?

When I can afford another machine it will likely be a centaur, eight ball deluxe, or firepower. Ones I’ve played. Or maybe an EM from just before SS.

Ones I’ve never played but look awesome are the usual high rated ones... haunted house, black hole, fathom, embryon.

Gotta win the lottery .

I never really got into many games after the 80’s because I stopped playing and didn’t really care for all the layers and tubes that block my view of the table. Too complicated... but I’m sure I’m missing out on a lot of good games. You need to take the time to learn how to actually play and win specific games as they were designed... just didn’t have the time or quarters anymore .

Thanks for joining.

1 month later
    #18 5 years ago

Hello from Stitsville!
    I dont spend so much time playing them as I spend taken them apart and restauring them!

And I enjoy every minute of it!

Grand PrixGrand Prix

See SawSee Saw

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fred736:

Hello from Stitsville!
    I dont spend so much time playing them as I spend taken them apart and restauring them!

Amazing work!!!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fred736:

Hello from Stittsville!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Awesome... I’ll know where to go when I need help... in Stittsville too around Brae (Elm) crescent area.

Thanks for joining the group!

SD

#21 5 years ago

Fred is very meticulous and has achieved some great results......wait until you see the total playfield repaint he is up to!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from srcdube:

Awesome... I’ll know where to go when I need help...
    SD

Always happy to help whenever I can!
    Walking distance from each other it seems.

3 months later
    #23 4 years ago

a little late +1

#24 4 years ago

Born in Ottawa, just like Dirty Donny Tv, the pinball artist for Metallica, etc. Moved to the States 15 years ago. Cheers!

1 month later
    5 months later
    #26 4 years ago

Thought I'd revive this topic a bit and also show off my recently completed full repaint of a Williams Grand Prix playfield.

IMG_20200123_184946.jpgIMG_20200123_184946.jpgIMG_20200123_184924.jpgIMG_20200123_184924.jpg
    #27 4 years ago

Looks awesome
    Nice job

#28 4 years ago

Looks fantastic Fred! Can you share your roster of techniques? What paint, lettering techniques, etc. You give me confidence that my Gay 90's repaint will be doable.

#29 4 years ago

Sure can do...but when im back from Costa Rica vacations!

1 month later
    #30 4 years ago

O-town crew all safe and sound?

#31 4 years ago

Yup... good here. People still selling pinball machines ... go figure. The Space Invaders on Kijiji just dropped to $2800... getting into a nice price zone now.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from srcdube:

Yup... good here. People still selling pinball machines ... go figure. The Space Invaders on Kijiji just dropped to $2800... getting into a nice price zone now.

Who cares, that game is freakin terrible.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Who cares, that game is freakin terrible.

It looks slick but I remember it getting a bit dry myself too. A bit too much open space in the middle. Purdy though.

4 months later
    #34 3 years ago

Anyone in Ottawa, know anyone in Ottawa who may have a Target Alpha schematic to sell. Don't really want to wait for US postal service from Pinball Resource or Marco if possible. Separate topic started about it, but wondering if some are hanging around Ottawa. Cheers!

TA with Paragon and Spiderman (resized).jpgTA with Paragon and Spiderman (resized).jpg

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from srcdube:

Anyone in Ottawa, know anyone in Ottawa who may have a Target Alpha schematic to sell... (or?). Don't really want to wait for US postal service from Pinball Resource or Marco if possible. Separate topic started about it, but wondering if some are hanging around Ottawa. Cheers!
    [quoted image]

PM me your email

#36 3 years ago

I have never noticed this thread before.

I will add my Kanata living ass on the list.

Cheers!!

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphelman:

I have never noticed this thread before.
    I will add my Kanata living ass on the list.
    Cheers!!

Ooo.... lotsa nice machines! Thanks for signing up! Maybe we'll get a new flurry of people adding themselves to the group.

#38 3 years ago

Mike's some classy Kanata ass.

EDIT: that came out wrong.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Mike's some classy Kanata ass.
    EDIT: that came out wrong.

very-classy (resized).jpgvery-classy (resized).jpg
    #40 3 years ago

Don't get my thread locked down! Others may not get Canadian humour .

1 week later
    #41 3 years ago

Howdy folks!
    Out in Manotick here!
    May be looking to sell a pretty sweet Hobbit Smaug Edition machine soon as I'm close to pulling the trigger on a NIB JP Premium.
    (Was waiting to see if Elwin's new machine announcement was a Led Zeppelin... )

If anyone is interested in a Hobbit, would love to keep it local if possible!
    Will post pics soon...Looking to get $9,600 CAD for it.

1 month later
    #42 3 years ago

Been looking for an alternative to spiral nails to hold down the side rails. Spiral nail heads look good but the nails are a pain to remove.

So was at the Ottawa Fasteners store lately and stumbled upon these: #6 x 3/4" Truss Head Stainless Steel Robertson screws.
    They look very good, clean looking and the head sits very nicely on the rail.
    I had tried slotted or Philipps heads but didn't like them at all.
    Most other screws have a rounded edge around the bottom of the head which I find unsightly.
    And being stainless, they polish very well if that's your thing.

Had to slightly open up the holes in the rail with a drill. Took 5 mins. Not a big deal.

Thought I'd share this with this group being that this little find is kind of a Candian and Ottawa thing (Robertson head and Ottawa Fasteners)!

Enjoy!

20201030_203029 (resized).jpg20201030_203029 (resized).jpg
    #43 3 years ago

Great store... if they don't have exactly what you need, there's always enough other things to MacGyver it. I was just there a couple weeks ago looking for some nylon standoffs to mount a house switch in the bottom of my EM to flip HiTap on and off (other thread). I was explaining what I was doing to the guy who was helping me and it turns out he has two or three pinball machines. He said they were in storage, but after talking with me he wanted to get them out and running again. Nice coincidence.

1 month later
    #44 3 years ago

First post here! Found this thread by looking into ottawa pinballers.
    I am located in Kanata and do not own any pinballers machines yet, and would need help from experienced pinballers so they can steer me in the right direction.

I would be interested in 90s williams machines, my favorites from that time are:

Indiana Jones, Lethal weapon 3, and T2.
    Open to try new machines too!!

Please help!

Merry christmas and happy new year.

Ps/ located in Kanata!

#45 3 years ago

Welcome, @Ottawaflip. Check out your local site for collectors, www.maaca.org. Also www.pinballrevolution.com.

Avoid any retailer or storefront, buy from another collector (unless you like paying exorbitant markup).

There is a T2 for sale in Ottawa: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3608406502600662/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

As for prices, they are a bit crazy right now, folks on maaca.org can help or check recent classified archives on pinside.

#46 3 years ago

for prices, a LW3 is the cheapest, with a T2 being almost twice the cost of a LW3.
    And an IJ is probably 3x the price of a LW3.

#47 3 years ago

LW3 is a great first game to get into the hobby... There was one on sale on Pinballrevolution.com recently...

Good luck finding your first pin and welcome!

#48 3 years ago

Welcome to the Hobby. I too live in Kanata aswell. Hit me up if you want to chat pinball

Cheers!

Mike

#49 3 years ago

I like LW3...pure fun!

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I like LW3...pure fun!

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ottawa-ontario-pinside-members and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.