8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by navajas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hey folks,

I'm replacing the sequencer on my electric forced air heater. It has all of these high temperature flag terminals connected to it and I've never removed them before. I'm afraid to just yank on the damn things. Is there a tool? Do I just slip a flat head in there and force the tabs open? There's not a lot of spare wire on these things, I hope to hell they're not supposed to be disposable.

I've searched all over the damned internets and all I ever find is tutorials on how to attach them TO bare wires, never how to actually connect or disconnect them to the tabs.

Thanks for your time folks.

Cheers,

navajas

#2 8 years ago

Bump for great benefit.

#3 8 years ago

You're best to gently place a flatbalde screwdriver at the base of the spade connector, and gently pry off, in some cases you may pull the male spade off the board, but you already have a new board.

#4 8 years ago

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, I'm dealing with these little assholes:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31-VrtwypoL._SL160_SL150_.jpg

So my thought was to pry where the two, uhm... flanges? bend and curve over the tab. Is that your advice as well?

Thanks for your time man! I'm doing this today and will post how it goes and, if applicable, the dollar value of the damage I cause.

#5 8 years ago

Wow, no big deal. Just grabbed the crimped end of with pliers and yanked. Swapped em over one at a time, et voila. Diagnosis was correct too because the old one literally fell the fuck apart into components like the Blues Mobile when the last wire came off.

Cheers all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otish-hvac-flag-terminals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.