(Topic ID: 258775)

Other Spooky themes that would be killer

By Davidus56

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Ultraman_bandai_eurodata-1 (resized).png
    KillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL_BH_CGC (resized).png
    8F48C035-39A7-44EE-AF30-234156AA6DA3 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Heighway pinball (esp. Andrew) was such a disappointment. Alien was the killer title and they did some cools things with game play, but the production and ethics of the company/owner were a disaster. Spooky has proven to be a trustworthy, highly ethical company. If Charlie et.al. took on Alien as a title and used the Alien like the tRex in Jurassic Park, it could be a runaway smash hit. I would be the first to put a deposit down, sight unseen and I bet there would be many others as well. Anyone else with me?

6 months later
    #2 3 years ago

I think the evil dead series would be awesome, esp with bruce campbell onboard, doing call outs and taunts.

#3 3 years ago

Both Alien and Evil Dead would be great triple A licenses, but I have a feeling license costs and restrictions would be prohibitive for a run of less than 1000 games. I do think Spooky is in the perfect position to do mid-tier licenses like Rick and Morty that might not warrant attention from a large company like Stern but would still be near instant sellouts. If I were in Spooky's position I'd take a look at the following:

Futurama - might be too past its prime for Stern.
    Beavis and Butthead- I could see Stern taking a chance on this one as well.
    Bob's Burgers
    Beetlejuice - Stern may still have the license but it sounds like they recently passed on doing it. Might be too costly/restrictive though?
    Archer
    Bojack Horseman

#4 3 years ago

The venture brothers would be an great mid tier licence with tons of potential.

#5 3 years ago

Return of the living dead.
    Plan 9 from outer space.
    Forbidden planet.
    Invasion of the body snatchers.
    Goonies.
    Army of darkness/evil dead.
    Friday the 13th.
    Reanimator.
    Masters of the universe.
    Killer clowns From outer space.
    Running man.
    Total recall.
    Time bandits.
    Ice pirates.
    Matrix.
    Planet of the apes.
    Scooby Doo

The possibilities are endless. But licencing $ is not.

I would love to see something totally original from spooky and not licenced.
    Like TNA, but with ramps and toy mechs.

#6 3 years ago

Running Man would be a good pinball that I had t considered before . Lots of good challenges , modes , and callouts to be had on that one ! I’d put it next to my Smash TV

#7 3 years ago

Killer Clowns From Outer Space! +1

#8 3 years ago

How about Poltergeist?

#9 3 years ago

Pet Cemetery

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #10 3 years ago
    8F48C035-39A7-44EE-AF30-234156AA6DA3 (resized).jpeg8F48C035-39A7-44EE-AF30-234156AA6DA3 (resized).jpeg
    #11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Moli410:

Killer Clowns From Outer Space! +1

Killer Klowns From Outer Space +3 Zombie Yeti art would fit this theme / machine well. Killer Klowns & Goonies pretty much instant buy for me.
    KillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL_BH_CGC (resized).pngKillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL_BH_CGC (resized).png

#12 3 years ago

Ren & Stimpy. The original run

#13 3 years ago

Ultra Man

Ultraman_bandai_eurodata-1 (resized).pngUltraman_bandai_eurodata-1 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #14 3 years ago

I think an attitude era WWF machine would be badass and probably would be a hit with the demographic. The Rock, Stone Cold, McMahon, Kane, Undertaker, Mick Foley, HHH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/other-spooky-themes-that-would-be-killer?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.