(Topic ID: 257232)

Other Gameroom Games (Pool, Darts, Foosball, Air Hockey, etc)

By Deaconblooze

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200326_180405283 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200327_205704588 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200326_180405283 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200326_180410858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200207_212328299 (resized).jpg
IMG_1486 (resized).JPG
IMG_0762 (resized).JPG
IMG_0360 (1) (resized).JPG
20191211_184810.jpg
20181021_172450.jpg
20190704_184002.jpg
20190704_183907.jpg
20190704_184051.jpg
SetShotBsketball (resized).JPG
912C37F6-1888-4CE0-897D-C2C88A112404 (resized).jpeg
20191015_173811[1] (resized).jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I've made the points ad nauseam in the gameroom pics thread about the merits of what I call "passive games" like pool and darts. I'll definitively declare my love here.

Pinball offers a really great active game. What I mean is while you're in a ball, you don't have an opportunity to divert your attention. You're forced to focus for the entirety of your ball. There's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes I want something passive to do while watching a ball game or hanging out with friends.

I always say a bristle dartboard should be the first item in every game room.

- Everyone knows how to play
- It takes up practically zero active space (you can walk through most of the play area unobstructed when not playing)
- It's damn cheap. $70 will get you the best dartboard on the planet. You can get an actual decent set of of tungsten darts for $15, and the really high end sets hover around $100.
- There's no maintenance
- Game types are only limited to your imagination
- Solo play
- Easy to handicap

Pool is another passive activity. It definitely takes up a ton of space... we're talking up to 14'x18' for a 9' table. It was a requirement of mine when I moved into my first house, before I knew you could own pinball in your home. It was a priority when we moved, but I considered giving it up. I really love it, and I have a small collection of cues. The trouble is the space. I also find that it's a little more difficult to handicap than darts. Setup properly darts will give you about the same time at the oche. Pool? A good player, even when handicapped, is going to spend more time at the table, boring the novice. It still has a lot of benefits...

- Classic game
- Nice piece of furniture
- Makes a nice space for other things...
---- Board games
---- Poker
---- Table tennis
---- Wrapping xmas presents..
- Solo play

I don't have a foosball table, but figure it fits in pretty nicely to this thread. I know a bit about the game, but only a bit. Good players destroy me. It seems to take up a lot of room, and it only seems practical to play with 2+.

#2 4 years ago

I own a top of the line dart board and darts (I used to play competitively), but I never play anymore for some reason. I also have a ping-pong table, foosball table, and 3 arcades.
My wife has used the ping pong/foosball table area for storage, so I can't really even get to them.

I would say I play pinball about 99.9% of the time and arcades the remaining .1%
Everything else sits and collects dust.

#3 4 years ago

Namco Bowl-O-Rama!

#4 4 years ago

Benchmark Ten Strike!

1E466123-7AC8-4F58-B7BC-6175E63BD391 (resized).jpeg1E466123-7AC8-4F58-B7BC-6175E63BD391 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago

Genco Two Player Basketball (newly acquired)!

22E19529-3294-45B8-8F98-816B712A797C (resized).jpeg22E19529-3294-45B8-8F98-816B712A797C (resized).jpeg
#6 4 years ago

Southland Little Pro

LTG : )

2017-05-11 SS Billiards-Darin Kamnetz-113(1) (resized).jpg2017-05-11 SS Billiards-Darin Kamnetz-113(1) (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Southland Little Pro
LTG : )[quoted image]

Well, that looks interesting!

How easy or difficult is it?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Southland Little Pro
LTG : )[quoted image]

What is that thing to the right of it?

#9 4 years ago

http://www.wik.pl/files/kosz.jpg

Airhockey is nice, but a bit noisy.
Pool takes way to much space, the same goes for tabletennis.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

How easy or difficult is it?

Deceiving. Harder than it looks.

Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

What is that thing to the right of it?

Bill Paxton pin.

#11 4 years ago

I got one of these coming tomorrow or Wednesday, i cant wait!

2F0CF134-37CD-49C0-867C-C4D8A2D312B7 (resized).jpeg2F0CF134-37CD-49C0-867C-C4D8A2D312B7 (resized).jpeg8BF6B85B-5174-4592-85D9-7F0EB18E6C01 (resized).jpeg8BF6B85B-5174-4592-85D9-7F0EB18E6C01 (resized).jpeg
#12 4 years ago

Everybody's favorite, Bally Skill Roll from 1958 and a 1968 Space Pilot.

John

4 (resized).png4 (resized).pngSpace Pilot (resized).jpgSpace Pilot (resized).jpg
#13 4 years ago

Bill Paxton pin.

I had a feeling that’s what it was - but didn’t want to speculate. Can only imagine how you acquired that. Ben Heck is the coolest.

Sorry to change topics - cool stuff everyone.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

John[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Dayhuff:

John[quoted image][quoted image]

That Space Pilot is gorgeous! Oh man.

#14 4 years ago

Skeeball.

Sold mine, regrettably. It was used regularly and I plan to get another one when I finish the bsmt in this house.

#15 4 years ago

I NEED a Skill Roll!!!

Other stuff in my basement besides pins...
ping pong, skeeball, shuffleboard, pool table, darts, air hockey, Mame, PGA tour challenge, big ball bowler, ICB, Warlords cocktail, Super Chexx...

Keeps things fun.

#16 4 years ago

We love our shuffleboard table. Great at parties, get a game or 2 in each month. It also doubles as a work bench with a nice top I built, holds rotisserie for pinball nicely.
Also have jukebox, mame, a slot machine and some penny skill games. Also have picked up 2 gun games the past year.
Latest project is a Namco Panic Park.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

We love our shuffleboard table. Great at parties, get a game or 2 in each month. It also doubles as a work bench with a nice top I built, holds rotisserie for pinball nicely.
Also have jukebox, mame, a slot machine and some penny skill games. Also have picked up 2 gun games the past year.
Latest project is a Namco Panic Park.

Do you have the mini bowling pins for shuffleboard? Surprisingly fun. And you can grab a bowling score book to keep score. We have a lot of fun with it.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do you have the mini bowling pins for shuffleboard? Surprisingly fun. And you can grab a bowling score book to keep score. We have a lot of fun with it.

Ofcourse I do! Fun times, they make a good noise when hit.

#19 4 years ago

Pool table is a Brunswick Gold Crown 4, dart board is electronic and so is the Joker Poker.

PR TBT SS 017 (resized).jpgPR TBT SS 017 (resized).jpgjokpok 005 (resized).jpgjokpok 005 (resized).jpgbar view darts  073 (resized).jpgbar view darts 073 (resized).jpg
#20 4 years ago

When we have friends over shuffleboard usually gets most of the action.

E99024D8-4970-412A-9174-4696FB3F2303 (resized).jpegE99024D8-4970-412A-9174-4696FB3F2303 (resized).jpeg
#21 4 years ago

It is nice to have a selection. The pins get played the most however.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22 4 years ago

Some of this stuff is pretty awesome. If anyone has some unique stuff that I don't have on my website (gameroominfo.com) I'd probably pay for some writeups...I like have some cool stuff like that on there. Send me a message if you're interested and we can work out the details. Thanks

#23 4 years ago

Right now I have 3 pins, a MAME arcade setup, Pool table, and Wii setup that is mostly used for Rock Band/Guitar Hero (Guitars, drums, mic) when some family friends over. When nobody around I'll hit a pin or the MAME machine. Rarely play the pool table except when my father or brother make a trip.

Really like having the pool table (it came with the house) but don't think it's a requirement.

Had a dartboard in the past but nobody (including me) really played, and it would need to be too close to the pins in current setup for my liking. Had an air hockey table in a past house that was only played when others over, but did get played hard.

#24 4 years ago

I just bought a Valley Cougar 8 dart machine. We are moving to a new house with a finished basement and I didn’t want to destroy the floor with our steel tips. I am keeping the bristle tip dart board in the unfinished part of the basement.

#25 4 years ago

In addition to our 3 pins we have
Skee Ball
Dart Board
Air Hockey
MAME Arcade
Rebound Shuffleboard with bowling pins

When the budget allows the rebound shuffleboard will go as I can fit 3 more pins in that space and it gets played the least.
In the past we have also had basketball, rod hockey, foosball and bumper pool. I miss the basketball and the bumper pool the most and if space allowed it I would have them both.
It’s fun to have a variety of games and it’s fun to change things up. My girls are 3 and 6 and love playing air hockey with me right now. I also enjoy them being downstairs with me when I play pinball, sometimes they play with me but they also will watch some Disney plus or Netflix or use their toys while I get in a few games.

#26 4 years ago

Ice Cold Beer (the game not the drink) is definitely the next candidate for my game room. I find endlessly fun.

#27 4 years ago

I have a Tornado coin-op foosball table. I played on the "pro" foosball circuit for a few years in the early to mid 2000's, and played in leagues and in local tournaments up until about seven years ago. My table gets very little action these days, people that come to the house find out very quickly the skill gap between a casual and a competitive player.

#28 4 years ago

We had our pins, arcade, airhockey, jukebox, nights armor and aquarium in the living room.
Then the misses all of a sudden, wanted furniture and stuff instead
I blame her crazy girlfriend with the loud voice whatsherface, and home deco tv!!!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Some of this stuff is pretty awesome. If anyone has some unique stuff that I don't have on my website (gameroominfo.com) I'd probably pay for some writeups...I like have some cool stuff like that on there. Send me a message if you're interested and we can work out the details. Thanks

I've got a wall hanging coin-op game you don't see too much anymore. Not alot of information out there on them unfortunately...I'd like to learn more myself!

20190913_143601 (resized).jpg20190913_143601 (resized).jpg
#30 4 years ago

Posted before in a different thread, but Kinetic gumball machine. Zingo McDonald's brand. Kinda silly, pneumatic gumballs, but unique.
Not necessarily a game, but still fun. Had plans to add a couple of arcades in, but the room filled up before that point.

20191015_173811[1] (resized).jpg20191015_173811[1] (resized).jpg
#31 4 years ago

I have posted a lot in the gameroom thread but I have lots of different stuff and some unique stuff.

I can post pics or give info if you are interested in any of this stuff

Non arcades or pins:

Galaxy fire dart machine
Ice super chexx
Poker table
Pool table
Ice hoops FX (basketball shooting game)
Baytec skee ball
Claw machine
Glowing beer pong table
RGB led glowing bar
5 modern slot machines
Jelly dome linked RGB lighting synced to music
Sapphire photo booth (not here but in transit)
Over 60 neon signs

Unique vids
Dance dance revolution
Groove coaster 3 (Japanese rhythm game)
2 linked Mario karts
2 linked raw thrills moto gps
Big buck hunter hd wild
Terminator salvation
Pac-Man battle royale
Star Wars battle pod
Raw thrills Jurassic park

When I list it like this, my wife is right, I do have a serious problem!

For got:
Life size Terminator T-800 from side show
Life size Deadpool from neca
Life size groot and rocket from neca (both about 40 inches tall)

Looking for life size Captain Morgan statue if I can find one for decent price.

#32 4 years ago

American Darts by Widdy Dart Company. This oozes nostalgia so fits in well with the ball bowler and EM’s.
912C37F6-1888-4CE0-897D-C2C88A112404 (resized).jpeg912C37F6-1888-4CE0-897D-C2C88A112404 (resized).jpeg

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I've got a wall hanging coin-op game you don't see too much anymore. Not alot of information out there on them unfortunately...I'd like to learn more myself![quoted image]

What even is that? I can't even tell from the picture, two monitors? Electrodart?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

What even is that? I can't even tell from the picture, two monitors? Electrodart?

It has two "monitors", which are really just shells that hold the PCB and lights that connect. There is a coinbox and a remote and you press the remote once to start the throwing motion, and again to release the dart and get a score based on the timing of when you press the remote. It's pretty fun to play with a beer. From the little I could find about them there were several companies/variations on theme that made these in the 70's for bars, but they didn't last long.

This isn't my video, but it shows the game in action:

#35 4 years ago

Hard to get a good photo with the lighting and low ceilings but here is 1952 Set Shot Basketball. It usually gets a little love when guests come over.

SetShotBsketball (resized).JPGSetShotBsketball (resized).JPG
#36 4 years ago

I really like that Set Shot Basketball

Many of the items posted here Remind me of the Musee Mecanique in San Francisco.

Here is my contribution:
1935 Baker Kicker Catcher
1947 Associated Amusements Mike and Jake's
Booze Barometer
Tornado T3000 Foosball
Deal or No Deal
Skee Ball Lightning (custom paint job)

20190704_184051.jpg20190704_184051.jpg20190704_183907.jpg20190704_183907.jpg20181021_172450.jpg20181021_172450.jpg20190704_184002.jpg20190704_184002.jpg20191211_184810.jpg20191211_184810.jpg
#37 4 years ago
Quoted from dawgs:

I really like that Set Shot Basketball
Many of the items posted here Remind me of the Musee Mecanique in San Francisco.
Here is my contribution:
1935 Baker Kicker Catcher
1947 Associated Amusements Mike and Jake's
Booze Barometer
Tornado T3000 Foosball
Deal or No Deal
Skee Ball Lightning (custom paint job)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How is that deal or no deal on a home environment?

#38 4 years ago

Anyone have one of those old games,where you operate a drag bucket,to load gravel into a hopper? I think you have to race against the clock,to see how many tons you can load in a set time.I can't remember the name of this old game.

#39 4 years ago

My thought, being solely a redemption game it is kind of pointless in the home.
My kids and their friends played it non-stop at the acrcade,. I saw one come up at auction so I figured why not.
The kids and their friends still play it.

Quoted from jorge5240:

How is that deal or no deal on a home environment?

1 week later
#40 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Anyone have one of those old games,where you operate a drag bucket,to load gravel into a hopper? I think you have to race against the clock,to see how many tons you can load in a set time.I can't remember the name of this old game.

I finally found out what they were called,Crane/Claw machines

#41 4 years ago

Outside of pins, I have quite a few vintage em arcades, but lately the Shuffle Board's been
getting played weekly. The Bally "All the Way" I'd have to say is the most uniqueness of the
shuffles I have set up, and the last em arcade I restored was the Keeney "League Leader"
which seems to be well liked and fits with the others well..

IMG_0360 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0360 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0762 (resized).JPGIMG_0762 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPG
#42 4 years ago

Everyone at our house loves shuffleboard. I wish I had room for side by side basketball.

2 months later
#43 4 years ago

Anyone have experience with Kick Foosball tables? Looking at the Legend.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Anyone have experience with Kick Foosball tables? Looking at the Legend.

I have no experience with the Kick so I can't give you any insight into the play. I can recommend you look a few things when comparing tables:

1. Table and sidewall thickness - much like a pool table, thicker generally means more stable, flatter and sturdier;
2. Overall weight - again, heavier generally means more stable; and
3. Resale

I have a Tornado myself, but it wasn't my first at home table. I had a no-name table for years I got from one of those recreation superstores, and finally decided it was time to get a "real" table like I played on as a teenager. After about 6 months of looking, I found a commercial Tornado T2000 coin-op for around $500 (took that long to find one close, in good shape, for that price). Worth it though, I smile every time I see that Tornado logo in the center. There is a kit to upgrade the T-2000 to a T-3000 for about $300, but I did not feel the need to do that, as everything on mine works great, I simply converted it to free play.

Granted, the Legend you are looking at looks very nice, so if the play is good, it might a better choice for you.

Oh, if you look at foosball pricing in the resale market, you will find that almost nothing (including Kick) holds their value like the Tornado. I got almost nothing for my cheap one on resale, but pretty confident I would do ok if I decided to get rid of the Tornado (which I am not).

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I have no experience with the Kick so I can't give you any insight into the play. I can recommend you look a few things when comparing tables:
1. Table and sidewall thickness - much like a pool table, thicker generally means more stable, flatter and sturdier;
2. Overall weight - again, heavier generally means more stable; and
3. Resale
I have a Tornado myself, but it wasn't my first at home table. I had a no-name table for years I got from one of those recreation superstores, and finally decided it was time to get a "real" table like I played on as a teenager. After about 6 months of looking, I found a commercial Tornado T2000 coin-op for around $500 (took that long to find one close, in good shape, for that price). Worth it though, I smile every time I see that Tornado logo in the center. There is a kit to upgrade the T-2000 to a T-3000 for about $300, but I did not feel the need to do that, as everything on mine works great, I simply converted it to free play.
Granted, the Legend you are looking at looks very nice, so if the play is good, it might a better choice for you.
Oh, if you look at foosball pricing in the resale market, you will find that almost nothing (including Kick) holds their value like the Tornado. I got almost nothing for my cheap one on resale, but pretty confident I would do ok if I decided to get rid of the Tornado (which I am not).

Any chance you bought your table from a guy in Harrisburg PA?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Any chance you bought your table from a guy in Harrisburg PA?

Nope, from a guy near Hannibal Missouri. It came out of a bar, but was barely used.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Nope, from a guy near Hannibal Missouri. It came out of a bar, but was barely used.

Thanks,I missed out on the same table for the same price. I love Foosball,but my friends and family,not so much.
I ended up getting a bubble hockey table. My friends and family really like it,go figure.
I think bubble hockey is more friendly to a beginner,where as fooseball takes awhile to learn how to make a shot.
I still want a fooseball table
IMG_20200207_212328299 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_212328299 (resized).jpg

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks,I missed out on the same table for the same price. I love Foosball,but my friends and family,not so much.
I ended up getting a bubble hockey table. My friends and family really like it,go figure.
I think bubble hockey is more friendly to a beginner,where as fooseball takes awhile to learn how to make a shot.
I still want a fooseball table
[quoted image]

I played foosball on the "Pro" tour for a few years. The problem with foosball is that there is a massive skill gap between a person that knows how to play and people that just want to spin the rods. When someone comes to my house for the first time and sees my Tornado table they are all excited to play. That usually lasts about three games of them barely touching the ball before they declare they will never play me again. You should totally get a foosball table though, it's a great game, and you never know, maybe a family member will get the itch to actually develop some skills and become a decent player.

#49 4 years ago

My restored Erie Digger came today!
I'm waiting for the State Stores to open up again ,so I can add some mini liquor bottles to the prizes.

IMG_20200326_180405283 (resized).jpgIMG_20200326_180405283 (resized).jpgIMG_20200326_180410858 (resized).jpgIMG_20200326_180410858 (resized).jpg
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I ended up getting a bubble hockey table.

And a nice one at that! That is on my list too, but a good not so old used one at a great price is even harder to find than the Tornado. Will probably end up buying new, when I get some space freed up in the basement. I agree, it is so much more approachable for everyone.

Quoted from beergut666:

When someone comes to my house for the first time and sees my Tornado table they are all excited to play. That usually lasts about three games of them barely touching the ball before they declare they will never play me again.

So true, I have to "negotiate" with the family to get them to play me. Occasionally, I will find another player from the days, that makes for a fun time for both of us.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/other-gameroom-games-pool-darts-foosball-air-hockey-etc?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.