(Topic ID: 68893)

OT:Bally Skill Roll - Plexi Glass Available?

By DB62

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-51.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi

I just purchased a very nice 1958 "Bally Skill Roll" machine that is in really nice original condition. The only problem is the inside plexi-glass that covers the playfield area ... mine has a long crack in it. Does anyone know if these were ever re-produced or know of any place or any person in the hobby, that could make one up? I am sure there would be other "SKILL ROLL" owners who would also be interested in purchasing one of these as well, if they were made. Please let me know. Thanks!!!

Dan

#2 10 years ago

bump...

#3 10 years ago

it's on the bgresto.com website as a glass they do.

#4 10 years ago

Dan,
    Video Doctors in Green Bay used to make the clear "inner" plexi. I bought one from them years ago. Not sure if they still make them or not. Certainly worth a call.

http://www.videodoctorsinc.com/

#5 10 years ago

Anyone selling one of these machines please pm me!

#6 10 years ago

I, too, picked this game up not too long ago and while the inner plexi on my is in decent shape, I'd take a new piece if one were available. When I asked about this, I wasn't able to find anyone that made them. I didn't call video doctors as I was under the assumption that they only remade the outside glass.

If you call and they have the internal plexi, I'd be interested.

Dave

#7 10 years ago

Foo & Dave

Called video doctors and they NO longer carry that inner plexi-glass

#8 10 years ago

That is a bummer. I wonder if a hardware store would be able to produce a one-off if you had a good original one for them to work from? I know many small town hardware stores carry plexi and can cut it to size but I'm not sure if they'd be able to cut the required holes into it.

Fortunately for me, mine is good enough but having a new, clear one would be better.

Thanks DB62 for making the call.

Dave

4 months later
    #9 10 years ago

They were reproduced at least once before, but I don't think there are any current sources. Looks like something that would need to be machined, to get the cutouts right. Maybe a job for a CNC place?

#10 10 years ago

You know, after seeing the thread from the guy that's making an entire game out of acrylic (the "clearly insane guy thread") I wondered if he'd be able to make them if he had a good original to work from. He seems to be able to work magic with acrylic/lexan/plexi...I might have to shoot him a PM to see if he'd ever be interested in trying to make one if he had an original to work from.

Dave

#11 10 years ago

I would buy one for sure!

Dan

3 months later
    #12 9 years ago

Just got a few sample pieces in. I recently picked up a skill roll and my brother snagged that beat up one in milwaukee. Modeled both the plexi and the handles. Plexi turned out great. Fits great in mine and looks clear.

Hoping I can find a cheaper alternative for the handles. Quotes so far have been somewhat high for both milling and sand casting.

#13 9 years ago

Www.bgresto.com

#14 9 years ago

They have the plexiglass available too? I thought they just had the BG?

#15 9 years ago

Don't mind the mess and terrible pics but here is what I have so far.

image-51.jpgimage-51.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otbally-skill-roll-plexi-glass-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.