Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Grinder901
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_2499.jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Im not one to post things asking for donation things, but thought that this was a rgeat then that really doesnt cost anything.

My wife is a RN and one of the patients is a local girl with leukemia that is only 6 years old (maybe 7). Her parents said that she just loves getting mail. So they passed her address around the hospital and that got her quite a few. So I thought that with what we did with the young lady needing a scooter awhile back, why not come here to get things going again.

So all im asking for is that anyone that is interested just drop this girl a little letter, card, for some words of encouragement, etc. I was just told that her birthday is August 30th as well, so a birthday card would actually be perfect, since you can send it, say happy birthday, and make it a little less complicated thinking of words. This is not to send money. This is strictly to make her eyes light up seeing a bunch of mail. So send her something yourself, or ask you wife or kids etc if they want to.

If interested, pm me or email me at [email protected] and i will send you her address, i do not want to put her address on the net without her permission. I dont know the girl myself, but my 3 girls are downstairs making up their own cards to send her, so for the cost of three stamps, hopefully it will be a few minutes of smiles.

******Just thought of something else that would be cool if you want to go the extra mile. I have received over 50 pm and emails so far, so this is really turning out awesome. So if you want to go the extra mile, something cool would maybe be if in the envelope that you put a postcard with a cool picture from your area. Im getting so many emails from all over the country and even a few out of the country. But the envelope is the important part because i was told that she like to open the mail. So at least do that. But so many of you have been generous and said that you are going to ask emplowyees and co-workers to send a letter as well, so this girl might have one of the best birthday's ever. thanks so much. It feels great knowing that we are coming together for a non-pinhead that none of us know personally

thanks again
    troy

#3 9 years ago

Email sent.

#4 9 years ago

PM sent

#5 9 years ago

Email sent, thank you for making my day tomorrow worth while, I was kind of having a pitty party for myself, your thread woke me up, Thanks.

#6 9 years ago

Email sent.

#7 9 years ago

My 5 year old daughter will be making her a card She has a friend also going through this.

#8 9 years ago

PM sent bud. My four year daughter and I would love to help brighten her day.

#9 9 years ago

Pm sent.

#10 9 years ago

I work in printing industry so i can easily whip up something fun to send her. PM sent

#13 9 years ago

PM sent

#14 9 years ago

PM sent , my 5 year old daughter jumped right on this and is making a card.

#15 9 years ago

Thanks again for the emails and PM's, had to reply to a bunch of them

troy

#16 9 years ago

PM sent

#17 9 years ago

Thanks for doing this. This is a really nice thing.

Email sent.

--Luke

#18 9 years ago

Email sent.

LTG : )™

#19 9 years ago

My 5 year old daughter loves to do art projects and write. Very thoughtful. Thanks for lining this up.

#20 9 years ago

My 5 year old did a nice marker drawing of the ocean for Lily. My daughter told my wife about the picture and letter she is sending and what leukemia is and how it effects someone who has it. Smart, kind people doing nice, caring things for others are just awesome! Hope the letter brightens the girl's day a little. We are rooting for you Lily!
    Great idea to do this Troy.

#21 9 years ago

I will send few postcards from Singapore, pls pm address details

#22 9 years ago

Frozen birthday card with stickers and greeting mailed this morning. Stay strong Lilly.

#23 9 years ago

PM sent. I'm sure we have something funny from the 80's around here that will make a kid laugh.

#24 9 years ago

PM sent. Be glad to hopefully brighten her day!

#25 9 years ago

PM sent

#26 9 years ago

Bump for a good cause... could not find a card for Kids in English, so I settled for images of places near my summer home... volcanic place. (top volcano are asleep for thousands of year... my home is built on a volcanic neck, which is much older.

Hope she can visit France one day.

Quoted from Tilt:

i do not want to put her address on the net without her permission.

Almost forgot... name and address hidden; had to take another picture. Post yours!

IMG_2499.jpgIMG_2499.jpg
    #27 9 years ago

Bump for a great cause! This is something all pinsiders should get behind.

#28 9 years ago

Thanks again to all that requested the address. Ill make this the final post by me to thanks everyone and bring the post to the top for the night owls. I hope that we made an impact on this little girl. Ive asked the mother to not send thank you cards that her time is better spent comforting Lilly and no need to waste money on thanks you letters. If by chance she does return my email to say thanks, ill be sure to make one more post to add that, otherwise, ill move on.

Hopefully, something like this can benefit another child in the future.. We all have great hearts and with what we "waste" on this hobby, a card once in a while to a young child is a drop in the bucket. Its not always about sending money because the children generally are to young to have a grasp of the expense involved. But the smiles that we may bring with our small token can possibly be priceless in the eyes of those that conquer this illnesses.

If someone else hears or knows of a child that this small gesture by us can make an impact, i hope that you post as i will always be willing to either send a letter myself or ask my children too. With the world filled with so much negativity, these little positive gestures can hopefully outweigh them

thanks again to all that sent letters, we will never know the impact that they make, but at least we can hope that they did at least make some kind of difference

Thanks
    Troy

#30 9 years ago

Aw, sure, why not? Sending PM now.

#31 9 years ago

PM Sent LOVE THIS!

#32 9 years ago

Bumping this back up to the top.

#33 9 years ago

Sending a PM now.

#34 9 years ago

PM sent! Thanks for doing this!

#35 9 years ago

I sent my card to Lilly a couple of days ago. My son was diagnosed with leukemia at 4, spent his 5th birthday in the hospital, and graduated from high school in May. He's headed off to college later this week.

The point is, I've been through what Lilly and her parents are going through and having a diversion like this, with people taking the time to send cards/letters/pictures, which gives them something fun to look forward to each day, is more powerful than you think.

It doesn't take much to send a "thinking of you" card that simply says "I heard you like to get and open mail. Greetings from where I live. Hope you have a great day."

Do it today, you'll be glad you did and I can guarantee you that Lilly and her family will appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Dave

#36 9 years ago

Card sent and bump.

LTG : )™

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I sent my card to Lilly a couple of days ago. My son was diagnosed with leukemia at 4, spent his 5th birthday in the hospital, and graduated from high school in May. He's headed off to college later this week.
    The point is, I've been through what Lilly and her parents are going through and having a diversion like this, with people taking the time to send cards/letters/pictures, which gives them something fun to look forward to each day, is more powerful than you think.
    It doesn't take much to send a "thinking of you" card that simply says "I heard you like to get and open mail. Greetings from where I live. Hope you have a great day."
    Do it today, you'll be glad you did and I can guarantee you that Lilly and her family will appreciate you taking the time to do so.
    Dave

Great story and thanks for sharing it on here. Having a son who just completed treatment (and spent birthday #4 in the hospital) and gets his bone marrow checked on the 12th, I can't hear too many "...my son/daughter who had leukemia just graduated HS..." stories.

We're putting together something for Lilly as well. Zach always loved the little care packages people would put together for him.

Thanks for starting this thread, Troy!

#39 9 years ago

pm sent, my 5 yr old daughter just came out of hospital from a serious mysterious illness and now recovering at home but not allowed visitors for the moment to limit risk of illness again.

So we understand this little ones enjoyment of cards / mail as my daughter really enjoys it so we would love to send a Aussie fun package.

#40 9 years ago

Card mailed today!

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Great story and thanks for sharing it on here. Having a son who just completed treatment (and spent birthday #4 in the hospital) and gets his bone marrow checked on the 12th, I can't hear too many "...my son/daughter who had leukemia just graduated HS..." stories.

My son had ALL and didn't respond to the typical chemotherapy and eventually had a bone marrow transplant. He's basically a walking miracle. He was lucky to find a match for his transplant and he's basically had not issues since his transplant. In fact, his transplant actually "failed" (in terms of his numbers) and yet he's remained healthy.

I pray that your son's bone marrow aspiration comes out clean and that you're well on your way to remission.

Dave

#42 9 years ago

My kids mailed all their love over the weekend.

IMG_0137.JPGIMG_0137.JPG
    #43 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Having a son who just completed treatment (and spent birthday #4 in the hospital) and gets his bone marrow checked on the 12th, I can't hear too many "...my son/daughter who had leukemia just graduated HS..." stories.

My prayers will be with your son and your family. I have two little girls, 5 and 3 years old and I can't even begin to imagine...and pray with all my soul I never have to.

Please let us know how it goes on the 12th.

-Mark

#44 9 years ago

I had the whole office sign a card in different colors and mailed it off yesterday. This is a great idea and I love that people are sending them from around the world!

#45 9 years ago

Card mailed over the weekend!
    I hope it brings a smile.

#46 9 years ago

Sent Lilly her package today. Hope everyone takes part in this. Good stuff!

#47 9 years ago

My daughter made 4 rainbow loom bracelets and wrote her a nice letter. Well done OP..

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from singapore_pin:

My kids mailed all their love over the weekend.

Nice !
    Off-thread: I have not seen many pins on location in singapore... been there 3 times. Where do you play?

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Nice !
    Off-thread: I have not seen many pins on location in singapore... been there 3 times. Where do you play?

I used to go to Great World City...but their only pin acdc pro (what a blast!) is gone. Vivo City's Timezone is under renovation....not so sure if it will be any pins once they re-open. There is another Time zone in Tampines shopping mall.....it is a bit far from the city area (probably you even need passport to go there ) where you can find an x-men pro with most of the plastics broken but still playable an another AV pro in which the ball gets stuck all the time next to hulk right hand....not very exiting.
    Guess Singapore is the worst place in the world to play pinball!
    Let me know next time you drop by, it is always a pleasure to go for beers with fellow pinsiders.

#50 9 years ago

At least 1 postcard will be sent from Sweden today.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otanyone-want-to-make-a-6-year-old-girl-with-leukemia-smile-for-50-cents and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.