(Topic ID: 188912)

Otaku's 'ULTIMATE ELECTRO-MECHANICAL GUIDE' & EM THEORY OF OPERATION!

By Otaku

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3463 (resized).PNG
    media-popbumpers.png
    earlierdangers-justlinevoltage.png
    reservednotice.png
    reservednotice.png
    reservednotice.png
    reservednotice.png
    reservednotice.png
    detail (3).jpg
    royalflushhighvoltage.png
    badlineroyalflush.png
    Screenshot_5828.png
    partfive.png
    closingnotes.png
    parttwentyone.png
    parttwenty.png
    There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

I'm glad that others are realizing how awful and act this was. I don't know how he can show his face at pinball shows and talk with people he ripped off and stole money from.

Just wait until tomorrow when all his supporters come on here and knock you down....

Watch...

#102 6 years ago

Look Otaku, you might be a nice person, but what you did was wrong. Just own up to it and make it right. I'm not intending to come at you but it just shows how people that didn't send you money are so upset that you took other's money and used it to buy more machines. Your only response has been to get offensive against other's families and redirect people sending you money out of kindness, to them sending you money because they were stupid and you didn't force them to.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

I'm glad that others are realizing how awful and act this was. I don't know how he can show his face at pinball shows and talk with people he ripped off and stole money from.

Notice how it's just you and a butt buddy, most people don't reply because they don't want to get sucked into the wrath of Pinside drama. I don't blame them. I got more support in person than I did on the thread, too - because of this. Most people have things to do with their life...

Just get of my thread and let's end this garbage.

#104 6 years ago

...He just doesn't get it and it's not because he's 19

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

Look Otaku, you might be a nice person, but what you did was wrong. Just own up to it and make it right. I'm not intending to come at you but it just shows how people that didn't send you money are so upset that you took other's money and used it to buy more machines. Your only response has been to get offensive against other's families and redirect people sending you money out of kindness, to them sending you money because they were stupid and you didn't force them to.

1) I never bought any machines with the money I'm not stupid

2) I never called anybody who donated stupid or claim I duped them

Stop slandering my name and putting words in my mouth. I'm not admitting to something I DIDN'T DO. Oh my god. How hard is that to process?

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

...He just doesn't get it and it's not because he's 19

I don't speak your lie language Quit trying to be a hero in a situation that doesn't need one, I don't know who you are and you didn't donate or "get duped" (nobody did anyways) so I'm not sure why you're still here

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink. Not sure what else you want me to say.

That says that you can ask for donations, but you can't force people to donate

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

1) I never bought any machines with the money I'm not stupid

Yes, you did and clearly you are.

I'll give you credit though, it takes real balls to steal money from people and then call them out.

Edit: I should add, people will still come to his aid and defend him, watch...

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

That says that you can ask for donations, but you can't force people to donate

No, that says "You can give Phillips and his BFF Spencer the answers but you can't fix their inability to believe facts"

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Yes, you did and clearly you are.
    I'll give you credit though, it takes real balls to steal money from people and then call them out.

Lol, fuck off. You don't even have any merit behind your argument anymore. The Team One was $450. Pinball pocket change but the most I've ever paid for a machine. A new client paid me that and a hell of a lot more just a few days earlier, except that's none of your damn business. (and I had the inability to make that kind of money that fast previously) Spent some of it since the bill was paid and I wanted to pick myself up too. Put the rest besides other expenses in a fund to make sure I am good if this happens again.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Lol, fuck off. You don't even have any merit behind your argument anymore. The Team One was $450. A new client paid me that and a hell of a lot more just a few days earlier, except that's none of your damn business. (and I had the inability to make that kind of money that fast previously)

#112 6 years ago

I see you've run out of words after I proved my innocence right there. A little embarrassing, isn't it? Or do you get off on causing false controversy like usual? Quit messing with people's lives for your own enjoyment. You disgust me.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

The Team One was $450. A client paid me that and more just a few days earlier, except that's none of your damn business.

So if the Team One was $450 and a client paid you more than $450, lets say $500, add that to your scam funs and you earned 500 plus X. Then you spent JUST $450 from your earned income on a pinball machine, but continued to rely on the donations for your real life emergency problems = you scammed people

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

So if the Team One was $450 and a client paid you more than $450, lets say $500, add that to your scam funs and you earned 500 plus X. Then you spent JUST $450 from your earned income on a pinball machine, but continued to rely on the donations for your real life emergency problems = you scammed people

I utilized donations a month earlier when I had no money and removed my PayPal from the post as soon as I got paid

#115 6 years ago

Also let it be known I put my e-mail in a post I NEVER EVER went around begging for donations I was mainly looking for physical help and some kind people decided to chip in with money to help out my basement situation. One sentence caused all this. It's all you and your drama crew's fault, not mine.

#116 6 years ago

Anyway that you try and talk your way out of this it comes out the same way. You scammed nice people who were trying to help you because you didn't want to sell any pinball machine and you ended up buying more pinball machines.

You should do the right thing and start paying those people back with money and not your ego of thinking you're helping people with this "Ultimate Guide to EM knowledge"

That is why I have gotten so fired up about this. Not out of spite or anything else. It's because you did something very wrong and keep throwing it in everyone's face

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

Anyway that you try and talk your way out of this it comes out the same way. You scammed nice people who were trying to help you because you didn't want to sell any pinball machine and you ended up buying more pinball machines.
    You should do the right thing and start paying those people back with money and not your ego of thinking you're helping people with this "Ultimate Guide to EM knowledge"
    That is why I have gotten so fired up about this. Not out of spite or anything else. It's because you did something very wrong and keep throwing it in everyone's face

I said people can donate not loan me money, and most of the people aren't looking for it back but for it to be paid forward. I have been offering rides, helping out other Pinsiders, fixing machines for cheap or free, and more all month. Thank you very much. What have you done that you don't get paid to do?

#118 6 years ago

You show up here knowing nothing about me and thinking you know everything. Get out of here Mr. Hero before you embarrass yourself. You are not my bank teller. You don't know squat about this situation. Pissed off that you are ruining my good name.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I see you've run out of words after I proved my innocence right there. A little embarrassing, isn't it? Or do you get off on causing false controversy like usual?</blockquote

Im not here to impress anyone. Clearly, you are. It was working well before, lets see how it goes now.

Lol, yeah right, attention has nothing to do with it.

#120 6 years ago

Goodnight Spencer

#121 6 years ago

You're a sad individual and I'm done wasting my time with you. I have nothing to hide, but clearly you do. My advice is I would think twice about what everyone who gave you money thinks of you. You might not realize it now, but you soon will.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Goodnight Spencer

Im glad you think this is a big joke.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

My advice is I would think twice about what everyone who gave you money thinks of you.

Oh, I do. But most of those people haven't said anything here. And you're not even one of them to begin with. You didn't even make the short drive to come help ("too long"), but made the drive the same week to pick up a game here from a friend of mine. I know. Bless you.

Sorry I forgot to say goodnight to you as well, darn.

#124 6 years ago

Moderation notice:
    This thread is now a complete train wreck...
    Please stop discussing donations to OP here.

#125 6 years ago

Lets get back on track and discuss the EM guide. Where's the section on how to place a proper order with PBR?

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Lets get back on track and discuss the EM guide. Where's the section on how to place a proper order with PBR?

It's probably impossible to write a bulletproof guide on that one

#127 6 years ago

Thank you for 40 "favorites" on the topic. I am humbled that so many people have saved this thread for if they ever need to come back to it.

Steven

#128 6 years ago

Wow what a great guide..... then of course a train wreck followed bc apparently your supposed to pay back people who donated to someone in need at the time? Its called a donation for a reason as everyone knew the story and made up their own minds to help the cause or not . When i donate i dont expect to ever get it back as thats the point....

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'm not sure what you expect me to do when the stuff is paid for and I keep earning money (like people with jobs do) even after the deed is done. Contribute the rest of my future life earnings for the rest of my life to the pope? Abstain from pinball forever?
    The stuff was paid for (to family, which is in the process of going to the quote they decided on), which is then going to be obviously exchanged for the work done. I bought pinball because why not? I earned extra after we had come to a conclusion and my part was done both with donations and a similar but larger amount I stepped up to work up myself to make it as easy on my family as possible to where they would cover the rest. Use your brain. Can't really pay for something twice, can you?
    You guys are the worst. You're honestly miserable people. The good people on Pinside are the ones who keep their mouths shut online, which I'm also guilty of not doing enough. Hop off my thread when you don't know me, my life, or any of the facts. (Or you'd be able to answer your own ridiculous concerns)
    I see why so many people bash this place. It's become a cess pool of a select group of middle-aged men who stroke each others' egos by giving each other virtual meaningless internet points. If you have so much time to follow me around across threads, sorry your life is so empty. Life is not all about pinball.
    If I knew you were gonna be all pissy about donating, I would have said don't bother. You don't donate a toy to Goodwill and then follow the kid around who gets it to make sure they aren't too rough with it. Nobody is else is playing patrol officer (and many donated a lot more than you). Pitiful.

#130 6 years ago

Returning money to those that request it would be a good gesture.

You might Consider cleaning up the extraneous writing in your guide.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Nobody is else is playing patrol officer (and many donated a lot more than you). Pitiful.

Can you believe this guy?

#132 6 years ago

Otaku you really need to stop this back and forth. people are going to have the opinions they have just like you do. I really think you bring some positive things to this site especially your EM knowledge and insight but this constant jousting with people ruins your credibility. lighten up and most others will too. maybe talk less and listen more.

#133 6 years ago

This was gonna happen eventually. If you invite people into your finances then they are gonna watch very closely what you do. They are gonna ask questions like: Do you own a building for your games? Do you own a car? Do you pay your own insurance? Do you pay your own bills? Do you feed yourself?Do you have a job?

I don't know if it's right or wrong for them to ask but they are gonna ask regardless. If the answers make you uncomfortable, you may look within and try to better your situation. I gave some friendly advice in the donation thread and hope you took some of what I and others said to heart.

The guide looks informative but I couldn't get through it because of some condescending language. Even the Ultimate in the title was a little off putting. I'm sure you can edit it later though to make it better.

Good luck.

#134 6 years ago

If you have a problem with the op then private message him. Those that continue to clog up threads with this bs are pretty pathetic. Im not saying what he did was right or wrong but you are becoming quite annoying. I want to read about pinball..... Not about your panties being up in a bunch.

#135 6 years ago

Regarding the guide, a few more illustrations would help to break up the long paragraphs. And if you have a friend that is a professional writer (newspaper editor, book editor, etc.), they could help clean up the presentation for you. What you have is a good first draft.

As far as the rest of this goes, even though you haven't asked for it, I'm going to give you an opinion:

As I've mentioned before, there are a lot of grey-beards on this site that that have more pinball knowledge in their little finger than the rest of the folks on this site combined (no offense intended towards anyone in this forum). They are a wonderful resource for everyone and an asset to the pinball community. To tell them they are old and dumb might be short-sighted, and is without a doubt disrespectful. If you were to consider a different approach, you might get further ahead, while gaining a lot of respect on this forum, which is something I think is important to you. Just look at how most of those guys conduct themselves here. They aren't the ones getting into these flame wars. They don't need to.

I think that you are getting bashed a little bit more than you should be for the donation request that you made, but by the way you have handled it, you make for easy fodder. The only reason that any of us would ever ask for our money back is because we've felt disrespected by you. I've got an idea that could turn things around for you quickly, and nobody would ever give you grief ever again about that money:

Take everything that was donated to you, buy the best pinball machine that you can get for that amount of money, and take it up to a local boys/girls club, or youth rec center. Maintain the machine for them. If you get a couple of kids that seem to really take an interest, you could take some time once a week and show them how a pinball machine works.

This would give the kids a fun after-school thing to do, it would be promoting pinball to the next generation, and you might get one or two kids that develop the same passion for pinball that you have. There is nothing more rewarding than getting someone else excited about a hobby that you love. And make sure to either set the game up on free play, or if you are going to have them drop quarters, donate all of that to the rec center.

Which brings me full-circle back to the grey-beards. See how the circle works?

When you sit on this site and lash out, say horrible things about parts companies that may be a little unfounded, make lousy comments about some guys wives, or post pictures from Allentown where an older fella may have had a small accident (trust me, when you get older, you will figure out that wearing darker pants is a good idea), you don't present yourself in a very positive way. The high road will get you to where you want to be in life lot faster, and with a lot less grief.

Maybe that's just who you are. Or maybe you are just trying too hard to make a place for yourself in the pinball community. Instead of telling everyone how great you are, put your head down, keep your nose to the grindstone, use your ears more than your mouth, and let other people figure out how great you are. It means a lot more when you earn people's respect from your actions, rather than trying to force it down their throats by telling them the great things you have done.

Just a friendly opinion from a grey-beard that has gone through similar growing pains in a different industry. Best of luck to you going forward.

#136 6 years ago

Otaku, just stop replying to these guys who are harassing you. Clearly they could just not read this thread, move on and maybe call their moms this morning.

Don't reply to anyone bashing you and questioning you because you don't owe them any answers.

#137 6 years ago

This thread helped to out some scumbags though. Drunks too I'm sure. Way too many long winded replies that no way were posted sober.

#138 6 years ago

Nice thoughtful post Dooskie. If taken to heart your advice would probably go a long way.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Notice how it's just you and a butt buddy,

Really? Less than a week after calling somebodies wife a whore?

#140 6 years ago

The next comments to appear about the donations, the OP's financial situation, or the OP's choices/decisions/actions (foolish or not) will be moderated and the poster ejected from the thread as being off-topic. Enough with the drama people, good grief.

Please try to stick to the subject of EM repair and what was written in this thread about it.

Otaku, I would recommend not engaging with your critics too much. Some just want something to get riled up about.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

Oh, I don't know, man...dude gave me a birthday cupcake at Allentown, so we're cool.

EDIT: Just saw ForceFlow's post. So...

Hey! Love the informative guide, Otaku! Thanks!

#142 6 years ago

Great post Dooskie

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

The guide looks informative but I couldn't get through it because of some condescending language.

This. Not sure it had anything that the massive one that already exists doesn't have, but I favorited regardless for when I'm troubleshooting next time. About to get a GTB that's been in storage for a long time so I'm gonna need to roll up my sleeves here soon.

#144 6 years ago

Hey Otaku, I have a 1975 Gottlieb Fast Draw that whenever any switch on the play field is hit, it cycles through players 1-4 adding some points to each player and advances the ball count. Can you direct me to which part of the guide that would help me fix the problem?

Thanks

#146 6 years ago

What's your GD email address and I'll refund your $40 if it will shut UTFU?!!!!!

Quoted from Electrocute:

You are an exceptional -/:;())& + hole. A kind thank you would of been better. Just return my $40. Please!

#147 6 years ago

Just read on and saw forceflow's post. Apologies to the mods

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The next coments to appear about the donations, the OP's financial situation, or the OP's choices/decisions/actions (foolish or not) will be moderated and the poster ejected from the thread as being off-topic. Enough with the drama people, good grief.
    Please try to stick to the subject of EM repair and what was written in this thead about it.
    Otaku, I would recommend not engaging with your critics too much. Some just want something to get riled up about.

The bigger question is, why is Pinside allowing this waste of bandwidth to continue to appear here?

I don't care if this jamoche wants to write 50 guides. Let him get his own website and do it there. Especially when there are two other perfectly good websites already devoted to this topic, with much better and illustrated information.

I found the "old man hack" line hilarious. Nothing like young punks who think they know it all.

FWIW, I was told that he had a game at either Allentown or York last year and the thing was non operational all throughout the show, and he never did get it running. If you can't even get your own game to work, I think maybe you should STFU about others and not presume to write an "ultimate" guide until you can do so.

I'd love to know Clay's reaction that his guide is no longer the ultimate. LOL

#149 6 years ago

I have an issue:

Gottlieb 1964 Big Top. The top rollover lane determines which lower rollover lane light is lit (A, B, or C). A and C work fine. B will not light. This is a big deal because lighting and then hitting the lit lane adds a ball. I traced the issue to the connection between wire and lamp socket. I de-soldered (first time) the connection. Touching the wire to lamp post and hitting top rollover fixed it. Then soldered the connection. It worked. Then I lowered playfield and it won't work. I de-soldered again. Now cannot get it to work touching wire to lamp. Did I mess up with a bad solder job (I'm a rookie). Should I buy a new lamp socket? Is there a way to test the wire? Should I trim the end of the wire (almost no slack)? Help please.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I found the "old man hack" line hilarious. Nothing like young punks who think they know it all.

I was an idiot when I was 19(and probably well in to my 20's or 30's). Luckily the internet wasn't around to record all of my growing pains. I'll give some kudos for putting yourself out there...this is the double edge sword of social media/interweb(EVERYBODY is putting themselves out there!!). People think they need to record their every thought for posterity. This is all part of learning and growing...in 5-10 years OP may look back and have a different perspective on all this. Or not.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otakus-ultimate-electro-mechanical-guide-em-theory-of-operation/page/3?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.