Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
IMG_3749 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974DeltaQueen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. But the guy tries to start a repair thread and people were just nasty about it. No need for that. This is a family forum, man!

He also pissed off some knowledgeable posters with his cockiness and they took a hiatus for that exact reason. That didn't help his popularity. Then the Go fund me crap just doesn't fly for some. I'm hoping he finds whatever he's looking for in life.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds like Steve might be the problem then. I mean, if a guy needs hundreds of posts about how to deal with him, then maybe it's understandable that someone might have a glitch dealing with the dude.

Actually i had a hard time dealing with Steve at first, his tollerance for noobs isn't magnanimous. However since I knew why this was, as he explained to me, i then took the time to Learn how to order his parts. I became a good customer and knew my way around his website. I call him now, he knows me , has met me, and i consider him easy to deal with. Why is that? Because I put My big boy pants on and put in an effort.

You want to know why people don't care for him? He bitched, whined and complained and sucked people in by playing the sympathy card and the victim game. Poor me. Boo Freiking Hoo. Try this for a few year stretch: several bouts of cancer, multiple surgeries, 80 hours of Radition, burying my mom and 3 family dogs dying in 8 months. THEN YOU CAN BITCH TO ME. Oh i have a flood. No dipshit you have water in the basement, sell 3 pins, get a sump pump and a dehumidifier and STFU. Learn Responsibility and self - reliance.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

You know, if the kid had just asked for help to get a sump pump, I probably would have offered to lend him the cash with an easy re-payment schedule. My basement collection has been flooded. I know what hell that is. But he asked for handouts and would give no thought at all to maybe selling a few of his games to help himself.
Plus, in at least one case, someone who did send him some cash did not even receive a thank you. Or an offer to pay them back when he could. Then shortly thereafter he does some work, makes a little cash, and instead of offering to repay some of the people who GAVE him money, he goes to a pin show to buy more pins! I'm sure most of the donors would refuse taking the money back if he offered. But that's not the point. The OFFER to pay back is the point.
Combine that with his lack of respect for us old time enthusiasts, and it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.
As far as Steve Young goes, I've known Steve for years. This Parts Nazi stuff is a fun game to him. He thrives on it. For Steve to actually ban someone from buying parts from him is pretty much unheard of unless someone stiffed him on a parts order. This guy had to be a real prick for that to happen.
We all made many, many mistakes when we were young. But hopefully most of us learned hard lessons from them. And thanked the people along the way who set us straight.

I was in Allentown set up in the flea watching this Kid buy a pin. Then i watched him wheel it away like a Pro. That did it for me right there.., sick... broke... I'M CALLING BULLSHIT. Ive made many mistakes but I've ALWAYS paid my debts and thanked people for their acts of kindness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974DeltaQueen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otaku-where-are-you?tu=1974DeltaQueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.