Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Shapeshifter
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th (resized).jpg
IMG_3749 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I am not Steve. But Steve is the most valuable resource this hobby has, and has been for decades. That's why I care.

I'm sure he's still the MVP no matter what some kid on a forum posts.

#52 2 years ago

And there are hundreds of posts here describing how to order and deal with Steve. A little research and reading and less talking and complaining can go a long way to help you get what you need. And perhaps a little more respect.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And there are hundreds of posts here describing how to order and deal with Steve. A little research and reading and less complaining can go a long way to help you get what you need.

Sounds like Steve might be the problem then. I mean, if a guy needs hundreds of posts about how to deal with him, then maybe it's understandable that someone might have a glitch dealing with the dude.

#54 2 years ago

He doesn't need any posts here to do business. But there are a few here that could use help in that regard.

#55 2 years ago

I reached out to him and he is doing well for those who care.

#56 2 years ago

You know, if the kid had just asked for help to get a sump pump, I probably would have offered to lend him the cash with an easy re-payment schedule. My basement collection has been flooded. I know what hell that is. But he asked for handouts and would give no thought at all to maybe selling a few of his games to help himself.

Plus, in at least one case, someone who did send him some cash did not even receive a thank you. Or an offer to pay them back when he could. Then shortly thereafter he does some work, makes a little cash, and instead of offering to repay some of the people who GAVE him money, he goes to a pin show to buy more pins! I'm sure most of the donors would refuse taking the money back if he offered. But that's not the point. The OFFER to pay back is the point.

Combine that with his lack of respect for us old time enthusiasts, and it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

As far as Steve Young goes, I've known Steve for years. This Parts Nazi stuff is a fun game to him. He thrives on it. For Steve to actually ban someone from buying parts from him is pretty much unheard of unless someone stiffed him on a parts order. This guy had to be a real prick for that to happen.

We all made many, many mistakes when we were young. But hopefully most of us learned hard lessons from them. And thanked the people along the way who set us straight.

#57 2 years ago

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

lack of respect for us old time enthusiasts

th (resized).jpg

#59 2 years ago

Please watch and enjoy some humor about the youth of today's world. I can't believe we are still talking about this guy and still getting so upset.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds like Steve might be the problem then. I mean, if a guy needs hundreds of posts about how to deal with him, then maybe it's understandable that someone might have a glitch dealing with the dude.

Actually i had a hard time dealing with Steve at first, his tollerance for noobs isn't magnanimous. However since I knew why this was, as he explained to me, i then took the time to Learn how to order his parts. I became a good customer and knew my way around his website. I call him now, he knows me , has met me, and i consider him easy to deal with. Why is that? Because I put My big boy pants on and put in an effort.

You want to know why people don't care for him? He bitched, whined and complained and sucked people in by playing the sympathy card and the victim game. Poor me. Boo Freiking Hoo. Try this for a few year stretch: several bouts of cancer, multiple surgeries, 80 hours of Radition, burying my mom and 3 family dogs dying in 8 months. THEN YOU CAN BITCH TO ME. Oh i have a flood. No dipshit you have water in the basement, sell 3 pins, get a sump pump and a dehumidifier and STFU. Learn Responsibility and self - reliance.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

You know, if the kid had just asked for help to get a sump pump, I probably would have offered to lend him the cash with an easy re-payment schedule. My basement collection has been flooded. I know what hell that is. But he asked for handouts and would give no thought at all to maybe selling a few of his games to help himself.
Plus, in at least one case, someone who did send him some cash did not even receive a thank you. Or an offer to pay them back when he could. Then shortly thereafter he does some work, makes a little cash, and instead of offering to repay some of the people who GAVE him money, he goes to a pin show to buy more pins! I'm sure most of the donors would refuse taking the money back if he offered. But that's not the point. The OFFER to pay back is the point.
Combine that with his lack of respect for us old time enthusiasts, and it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.
As far as Steve Young goes, I've known Steve for years. This Parts Nazi stuff is a fun game to him. He thrives on it. For Steve to actually ban someone from buying parts from him is pretty much unheard of unless someone stiffed him on a parts order. This guy had to be a real prick for that to happen.
We all made many, many mistakes when we were young. But hopefully most of us learned hard lessons from them. And thanked the people along the way who set us straight.

I was in Allentown set up in the flea watching this Kid buy a pin. Then i watched him wheel it away like a Pro. That did it for me right there.., sick... broke... I'M CALLING BULLSHIT. Ive made many mistakes but I've ALWAYS paid my debts and thanked people for their acts of kindness.

#62 2 years ago

Stop posting and just drop the mic already......!!!.. ...........Joey

#63 2 years ago

Sweat, lubriderm, old spice...smells like a circlejerk in here.

#64 2 years ago

The kid is pretty sharp that he can fix them. But young, dumb, and full of...... can we still say that?

#65 2 years ago

Just for the record, it's quite possible to be physically very able-bodied but find great difficulty maintaining a 'normal' 40 hour (or more) work week job, interacting with others, dealing with certain situations..etc. A number of ailments (is that the right word?) come to mind. No idea why he can't work, but when people get upset seeing him wheel around pins yet he's not able to work.. 'jus saying, no one knows the extent of the situation so be careful in making judgement.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Too many assholes on this forum ran him out of here, apparently. He's barely the age of majority, can't even drink yet, and makes some social errors common among people of his age group. But people around here couldn't just cut him some slack and accept his imperfections...because, of course, everybody here is perfect. Buncha dicks.

I am not of drinking age, but I managed not to piss off a pinball forum...

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Actual question: wasn't he autistic?

Well, I don't really like labels but if he was then that would explain his behavior in a heartbeat ( AS ) . It was pretty clear in his posts he had big trouble understanding 'mind of other'.

If it is indeed the case, he should get a pass for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Farmville, VA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 14.95
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 19.95
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 64.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 269.99
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside