Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
IMG_3749 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Otaku where are you?

#2 6 years ago

IMG_3749 (resized).PNGIMG_3749 (resized).PNG

#3 6 years ago

Hanging with himself. .... the smartest guy in the room.

1 month later
#4 6 years ago

Anybody seen this kid? I hope his health is OK...

#5 6 years ago

May 15th was the last day he logged in. There was a photo of him at Pinfest 2017.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anybody seen this kid? I hope his health is OK...

Yeah, he's okay.
I loaned him a Star Jet head so he had exact dimensions to construct one for his machine
and he e-mailed me last month saying he was starting on the project. He's still heavily into
pins, but not so much into forums (any longer)..

#7 6 years ago

Any update on his age?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Any update on his age?

Hahahaha.

#9 6 years ago

cool, thanks for the update...

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

May 15th was the last day he logged in. There was a photo of him at Pintastic 2017.

I didn't see him there, and I was there all weekend. He is better off staying off the keyboard and wrenching on some of his games.

#11 6 years ago

Presumably in some railyard, washing off the tar and feathers.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I didn't see him there, and I was there all weekend.

Todd Tuckeys video from Pinfest shows Steven talking to Todd, (after the Hercules), Steven is at the Rocket.

#13 6 years ago

Too many assholes on this forum ran him out of here, apparently. He's barely the age of majority, can't even drink yet, and makes some social errors common among people of his age group. But people around here couldn't just cut him some slack and accept his imperfections...because, of course, everybody here is perfect. Buncha dicks.

#14 6 years ago

Seems there is an Otaku on RGP as well. Last post, this thread--

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/4ePwSmyOMYA%5B226-250%5D

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Too many assholes on this forum ran him out of here, apparently. He's barely the age of majority, can't even drink yet, and makes some social errors common among people of his age group. But people around here couldn't just cut him some slack and accept his imperfections...because, of course, everybody here is perfect. Buncha dicks.

+1000 thumbs up

#16 6 years ago

The internet police came down on him pretty hard in a couple threads, not surprised if he got burned out. It does tend to get... intense sometimes.

#17 6 years ago

that's too bad, I love the kids enthusiasm

#18 6 years ago

wow, did corn really flood?

#19 6 years ago

There were people asking legit questions. They really didn't get answered.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He's barely the age of majority, can't even drink yet

Ya thank God for drinking or else you probably would run out of here too

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

wow, did corn really flood?

Work blocked RPG. I was reading the breakdown thread & was left hanging. Could you please elaborate? PM if you want. Thanks!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Everybody catches shit here. Everybody gets moderated here. Nobody gets a pass on their "imperfections."

He doesn't want to be here, we should all respect it. And welcome him back like a buncha dicks when he's ready.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Todd Tuckeys video shows Steven talking to Todd, (after the Hercules), Steven is at the Rocket.

What show was I at? I don't recall a "Hercules" or a "Rocket". "Hercules" is pretty tough to miss! Did Todd post his show video already?

#24 6 years ago

This was Allentown - they had a Herc and it was working (mostly) all show!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And this is why all our kids are pussies these days...when I was a kid we were not allowed to "hang with the older people"...saying he's not old enough to drink...pfff...who here waiting till there 21st B-day to drink...???!!!...I'm with Levi on this one...I got a buddy who is still cutting his "kid"(20 yrs old)slack...he's a grandpa...kid still lives home job after job after job...if your man enough to buy/sell,fix and drag 50 pins out of a wet basement...your man enough to take a little flack on a pinball forum.... ................Joey

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

your man enough to take a little flack on a pinball forum.

I don't think boob is talking about a "little flack"....he means when people are nasty complete assholes...

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think boob is talking about a "little flack"....he means when people are nasty complete assholes...

What he said. I take flack. Quite a bit of ball-busting. I'm talking about the gang tackle that really crosses the bullying line in many cases. I'm not going to say that a little bullying doesn't toughen you up, but when you're getting creamed by a bunch of people who have never met you, don't know anything about you, yet see fit to judge you?...well...in my humble opinion, those people are just assholes and nobody needs to deal with that.

#28 6 years ago

The EM sub forum stays mostly in the helping others mode. It is inclusive of people's different focus, from leaving games as is, to wanting restored specimens and to talk about it with others.

They also like their suppliers to provide cheap products and have much experience in different commercial payment methods like a check sometimes is nice. If we can get some free parts from each other that's even better. This is how it rolls here. Not much drama, quiet and civil on the most part.

Now what they don't like is being called assholes by anybody, told that their long term suppliers are old, behind the times and should like only games restored a certain way. If you want respect not flack in this sub forum don't be rude to other posters, call other posters names even if you are not specific and tell other posters what to think, as that's for other sub forums and no interest to most here.

Just my humble opinion.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What he said. I take flack. Quite a bit of ball-busting. I'm talking about the gang tackle that really crosses the bullying line in many cases. I'm not going to say that a little bullying doesn't toughen you up, but when you're getting creamed by a bunch of people who have never met you, don't know anything about you, yet see fit to judge you?...well...in my humble opinion, those people are just assholes and nobody needs to deal with that.

IMO he brought a lot of that on himself and people here were giving their honest opinions of what he was doing. If he wants to act like he's just as smart as all the old timers on this site then why should he get treated differently? I hope eventually he does come back, maybe he'll be a little more grown up.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

IMO he brought a lot of that on himself and people here were giving their honest opinions of what he was doing. If he wants to act like he's just as smart as all the old timers on this site then why should he get treated differently? I hope eventually he does come back, maybe he'll be a little more grown up.

Agreed. But the guy tries to start a repair thread and people were just nasty about it. No need for that. This is a family forum, man!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is a family forum, man!

Manson Family....

#32 6 years ago

Maybe he found a girl friend and has better things to do than pinball

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. But the guy tries to start a repair thread and people were just nasty about it. No need for that. This is a family forum, man!

He also pissed off some knowledgeable posters with his cockiness and they took a hiatus for that exact reason. That didn't help his popularity. Then the Go fund me crap just doesn't fly for some. I'm hoping he finds whatever he's looking for in life.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

He also pissed off some knowledgeable posters with his cockiness and they took a hiatus for that exact reason. That didn't help his popularity. Then the Go fund me crap just doesn't fly for some. I'm hoping he finds whatever he's looking for in life.

Don't forget he pissed off Steve at PBR right off the bat on his first order and is no longer allowed to order parts from him.

I think some time off from forums is a good thing for him right now until he learns some common courtesy and respect towards others in general.

Speaking of time off, where's boilerman?

#35 6 years ago

All valid points. I guess I'm just a little more forgiving...but then I deal with children for a living, so being here sometimes isn't much different.

#36 6 years ago

I dunno, think about it. If people have lived long enough and experienced enough of the diversity of folks, I would think the young man would mostly get a pass. Read all of his earlier posts (if you can, or want), and you'll maybe get a different perspective.

#37 6 years ago

I tapped out when he said that he was "unable to work", yet he was fit enough to move pinball machines around.

Also, asking for donations for his basement repair while continuing to purchase pins seemed pretty sketch.

To me, he just seemed a bit entitled, not to mention extremely disrespectful to longtime pinball hobbyists.

#38 6 years ago

Actual question: wasn't he autistic?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I tapped out when he said that he was "unable to work", yet he was fit enough to move pinball machines around.
Also, asking for donations for his basement repair while continuing to purchase pins seemed pretty sketch.
To me, he just seemed a bit entitled, not to mention extremely disrespectful to longtime pinball hobbyists.

Couldn't of said it any better!

#40 6 years ago

I do want to make this observation, though: Judging by people's reactions to him, Otaku is a pretty polarizing guy. But what I'm most impressed about is that even though people have strong views about him one way or the other, this thread has remained completely civilized.

Go figure.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But what I'm most impressed about is that even though people have strong views about him one way or the other, this thread has remained completely civilized.

Maybe because he isn't posting in it? Just a thought. People must love his drama either way since so many are concerned as to his whereabouts.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Maybe because he isn't posting in it? Just a thought. People must love his drama either way since so many are concerned as to his whereabouts.

I'm not sure that "so many" are concerned. The OP obviously is but most of the other postings just seem to be commenting.

#43 6 years ago

Three simple words make a world of difference when about to diss or comment on someone.

Focus. On. Yourself.

Does anything this guy says or does impact your lives?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Three simple words make a world of difference when about to diss or comment on someone.
Focus. On. Yourself.
Does anything this guy says or does impact your lives?

Actually, yes. I lent him my Escalera to help him clear his waterlogged basement. So...I could have been out 2 grand. He was a standup guy...returned it on time in perfect condition and with a shit ton of gratitude. He might be a social misfit, but he's a good guy in my book. (And I think people focusing on themselves all the time are one of the problems in this forum. It's a good thing to focus on others every now and then!)

#45 6 years ago

as much as I didn't like some of his comments and I didn't think the donation deal was something he should have done the kid has a love for pinball and obviously knows his way around an EM machine which is impressive in itself.

#46 6 years ago

I gave him a donation. The guys who have nothing better to do but criticize and judge others should focus on themselves. What the fuck do they care if someone asks for donations or whatever? Just move along and shut the fuck up.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I gave him a donation. The guys who have nothing better to do but criticize and judge others should focus on themselves. What the fuck do they care if someone asks for donations or whatever? Just move along and shut the fuck up.

I misunderstood what you meant. Apologies...

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

he pissed off Steve at PBR

And started a thread here about it.

End of story.

I just had a hard time reading 2000 word paragraphs myself.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And started a thread here about it.
End of story.
I just had a hard time reading 2000 word paragraphs myself.

So? Are you Steve? (Don't honestly know if you are) Why would you care if you weren't Steve?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So? Are you Steve? (Don't honestly know if you are) Why would you care if you weren't Steve?

No, I am not Steve. But Steve is the most valuable resource this hobby has, and has been for decades. That's why I care.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otaku-where-are-you/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.