(Topic ID: 95978)

OT You guys in IA dry and O.K.???

By TheDarkKnight68

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140630_150250_153.jpg
    IMG_20140630_150349_022.jpg
    Batman1.jpg
    127.jpg
    images32416JWA.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Geez, just heard 7 inches of rain in an hour and a half in Sunday? Geez, everything is already about to burst after the last couple weeks. Got a couple buddies in Bluffs and Cedar Rapids and I know they are concerned- good luck and praying you guys don't have any flooding issues in your homes.

images32416JWA.jpgimages32416JWA.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for your concern. Another big storm today, frontline winds at 70+ and probably 3 inches over an hour maybe more... Tons of streets flooded. Hopefully it quits soon, dont need another 100 year flood...I'm dry but a lot of homes have water. I called some of my employees today and 4-5 had water in their basements.

#3 9 years ago

Just vac'd up 24 gal of water in the gameroom. There others much worse then me. I consider myself lucky.

#4 9 years ago

Well if attitude is any reflection, you guys are gonna be fine. Hey guys, if it's in your wheelhouse, say a prayer for the Midwestern boys and girls who need some luck (no more rain). Anybody in IA (or anywhere close) that gets in a real bind, give a shout out and I will be there or you can be here if needed (2 spare bedrooms). Lincoln is wet, but well off the path of the worst.

TAKE CARE and please, please holler if you need assistance.

127.jpg127.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Batman would never play bass.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Batman would never play bass.

I always think its funny, when I break out the oldies, that he originally used guns... lol He has shown some musical talent in some renditions... Adam West sings "My Little Buttercup" in the Black Widow episode, and many others with him, quite the dancer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N7fB9BJcbTY

Batman1.jpgBatman1.jpg

#7 9 years ago

So far, we have taken the brunt of the storms lately and have skated clear. We have had several tornado's close by but no damage at my place. We are just dealing with the heavy rain right now. It just seems to pour for 10 minutes and stop, pour and stop, pour and stop. Then all of a sudden, this is what you are faced with.... BigB

IMG_20140630_150349_022.jpgIMG_20140630_150349_022.jpg IMG_20140630_150250_153.jpgIMG_20140630_150250_153.jpg
    #8 9 years ago

Geemany Christmas. The farmers here are now actually complaining of the rain. I've been here 7 years, and haven't ever heard anything but "We need rain". It's crazy.

#9 9 years ago

The storms have been making me work crazy hours. You gotta do they grounds work when it isn't completely saturated! Twice this last week I cut grass from 8 at night until 4 AM. eh, I'm a night owl anyway...

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The storms have been making me work crazy hours. You gotta do they grounds work when it isn't completely saturated! Twice this last week I cut grass from 8 at night until 4 AM. eh, I'm a night owl anyway...

The grass at our golf course here is underwater! How do you cut that??
    My son hasn't played baseball yet this week. When you step on the grass, it oozes water out. They don't want to damage the field so they are letting it dry out a bit before they play on them again.

#11 9 years ago

Just looked out the window and wouldn't you know it...... It's pouring rain again!!

#12 9 years ago

Get used to it. Welcome to the new normal.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Get used to it. Welcome to the new normal.

Yup, we broke Earth.

#15 9 years ago

3 trees down next door and bridges and roads out. Ask us on July 3rd if downtown is still there.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

Yup, we broke Earth.

Acceptance is the first stage of redemption.

#17 9 years ago

Geezus, it's raining here again. Hopefully it's raining in Lincoln, NE because the storms have moved from IA to Nebraska for the day. Iowa can't take much more...

#18 9 years ago

Don't forget about us here in SD. Just saw on the news that Canton, SD received 19.65 inches of rain in June.

It's the most ever recorded in one month in SD history.

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-you-guys-in-ia-dry-and-ok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.