Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Icade_board_with_JammaBoards_kit_(Not_.jpg
    IMG_2602.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_pin_family.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm looking for a vid for a friend. He's ready to buy now so of you have something PM me. What I'm ideally looking for is the PacMan/Galaga combo machine that was made as an anniversary edition. The graphics on the cab are of both games and it only has the two games in it. What would also work is a multicade in a PacMan or Galaga cabinet. It needs to be in excelent or better condition. If you have one or know the most cost effective way to make one please let me know. I would consider buying a new cabinet and decals then building my own multicade. I know nothing of the vid hobby so I'm not sure this is a good way to go price wise. I appreciate any input.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Check with Lloyd at coinop warehouse, they're packed with video games. http://www.coinopwarehouse.com/

Email sent. Thanks for the lead. I had forgotten about them.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

If you end up going that route yourself, and aren't a hardcore video game purist (I'm not), I got a working Ms Pac in decent shape for $425, some vinyl decals for $150, some bondo, sandpaper, and paint for prep for the cabinet and coin door (Provided you don't go with new cabinet) $100 includes quart of blue color matched to decals, CP overlay for $35, and a 60 in 1 kit that obviously includes Pac Man and Galaga for $125.
    So if you don't mind helping out your friend, or he can do some of this, you can do it for under $1000 and it will be really nice. Obviously he wants Pac Man or Galaga, but you can get decals and overlays for either or anything you want for same pricing.

This way does interest me to some degree. I want one myself eventually. When I get one I'll likely build it since that's the funniest part of the whole process. I've never built one so learning on his dime wouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't think he's going to be real interested in the build method though. I get the feeling if I pull out a screw driver he's going to run away screaming. Lol. Let me ask about the $125 multicade kit you speak of. What else is needed to have a complete game? Cabinet, monitor, buttons, light for marque, what else?

#11 11 years ago

Thanks for all the info nutty. I've emailed and called a fair amount of leads so far with no luck so I'm going to look further into building one. Do you know a good source for complete, new, undecaled cabinets?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_pin_family.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-wtb-pacmangalaga-combo-or-multicade?tu=the_pin_family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.