D960C5C5-AA73-4FC2-8E70-FD5E4C8FAD44 (resized).jpeg
3C6CA56A-EBAD-43BF-A740-0BB40EB026CD (resized).jpeg
50B8D105-951C-4F20-BEB5-47141C333E1C (resized).jpeg
514A34AB-265E-4946-8940-3A54DFF4A194 (resized).jpeg
295392D4-2E79-4B8B-BE32-AF2C97D0D939 (resized).jpeg
3A007CA8-432A-4425-8C05-6A9056F143B7 (resized).jpeg
E8946D6E-FD60-436A-AA66-11F45ABBB600 (resized).jpeg
ADB1525E-13B2-4E73-BE96-54C47A5626CA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Get ready for sticker shock with Conker...

Holy shit, I just looked it up on eBay!!!! Wasn't Conker relatively common? Why would it be so expensive now?

I'm actually amazed at the prices of old games. I thought emulation would have killed all collectibility of old carts. Dunno if this is a hipster fueled fad or what, but I feel like I should sell all my old games lol.....I do love Conker though - the likelyhood of me sitting there and playing it is pretty low - but it's the sole reason I bought an N64.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Conker's Bad Fur Day...it's a real oddity in it's universe. It's a very adult oriented game, violence, sex references you name it....on a Nintendo system originally. I don't know why it still sells for as much as it does given you can get CBFD Reloaded..I guess it probably has something to do with this:
"several minor obscenities within the voice dialogue that are present in the Nintendo 64 game were censored at Microsoft's request"
Personally, I have not played the N64 version, I played Live and Reloaded, and found it to be plenty "adult" as-is...? Hilarious game. Definitely pick up at least the Xbox version if you can.

Oh yeah, that was bizarre that the Xbox version was called UNCUT....and it was censored...THAT GAME?!?!! Censored!??!?!! The only thing Nintendo censored was the F word...everything else was fair game. Also, the Xbox version was missing the crazy laser light show in the rock-monster rave club. The graphics were SOOOOOO much better on the Xbox version, though. I've got them both!

Here's the Great Mighty Poo song from both versions...right off the bat, the Xbox version censors "shit" and "twat". Boooo...

Quoted from dantebean:

Hipster fuel and collector fuel pricing. Pretty ridiculous I couldn't find a Super Mario world that came with a SNES less than $20.

I used to work at a Funcoland (used game store) and we'd buy back NES/SNES/Genesis games for practically NOTHING. Pennies sometimes, people just wanted them gone and credit for new games. Granted, it was 20 years ago....but yeah some of these game prices blow my mind. I've sold a few of my games....Radiant Silvergun for Saturn (I was perfectly happy with the Xbox 360 HD version instead), MUSHA for Genesis (which has now gone up MORE!)...and a few others. I might have to purge a few more...I don't mind just playing them emulated. In fact, it's a bit better IMO - as you can output at a higher resolution through HDMI.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I worked at Software Etc (GameStop now). It was ridiculous what we have for trade in. It was late 90s so I think PS2 era.

Hah, Funcoland's all turned into Gamestops. I was there during the Genesis/SNES era...'93-94 I think.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I bought my N64 USED at Funcoland like a month after it came out for like $300 with pilot wings only...it was a hot system back then. That was like, my entire kid savings at that point.

Yikes! I don't remember what I paid for mine...but it was when Conker came out so it was definitely cheaper. I got the "watermelon" colored one cuz I thought it looked cool...that was when the first iMac's came out! Translucent colored electronics were in!

Melon64.jpgMelon64.jpg
4 months later
#104 8 years ago

I don't know if we're at the peak of cart prices but I've been testing the waters and cashing in a bit. Just sold SNES Ninja Warriors for $400 and Super Turrican 2 for $350. Bye old collection! I'm gonna just get Everdrives for my consoles, declutter, and get some $$$!

Wish I still had my Genesis MUSHA. Sold it a few years ago for around $80 and now it's $450!!!!

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's one of the best 16-bit SHMUPS ever made. Hell, one of the best ever, period. Even at 450, my copy is staying put.

It's awesome but I can play it on my Everdrive. ...or Wii Virtual Console.

1 week later
#129 8 years ago

Still being blown away by what Genesis and SNES carts are going for...I wonder - has there ever been info released about production numbers? All these "rare" games - seemed so incredibly common back in the day.

For example, I see SNES Space Megaforce headed toward $400 CIB. How many do you think were made? 10,000? 5,000? Less?

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yeah... it seems like over the last year or two prices have skyrocketed on nintendo games ... esp nes and super nes. sadly, I can't even afford to buy back some of the snes games I used to own like Dracula x and mega man x2 x3 and so on.
Its also amazing the price differences from loose carts to carts that have the boxes and manuals. sometimes double and triple in price.
seems like there is a lot of love for anything nintendo on eBay right now. seems like systems like the Genesis don't get as much love (except for rares like musha and a few others).

Nintendo rules, yo

SNES is still my favorite, though - and holds up quite well today. Maybe that's why it's become so popular. I love the Genesis, too - but The SNES color palette, FX & sound are still quite phenomenal, IMO.

9 months later
#232 7 years ago

Here's what's left of my SNES/SFC, Genesis/MD, N64 and NES collection. Prices are in the pics. If you're interested in the manuals, make an offer.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#238 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Pricing includes shipping?

PM me if you're interested in anything. These are my "local" prices...shipping would be extra.

Mystical Ninja, Goemon 2, Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko have been sold.

3 months later
#242 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Looking fir a decent Gamebot Advance SP. prefer nes version, but if you have a nice one Ill entertain it.

IMO it's best to track one down with the 101 backlit screen. I think the NES one came with a frontlit. The difference is astounding.

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Al:

Wow, you guys are obviously all youngsters...no Atari stuff at all.

I grew up with Atari, and most retro collectors I know don't give a shit about Atari. Even when I was a kid I didn't like it that much, since the arcade ports were so terrible. NES and onward still holds up. Atari doesn't.

1 month later
#326 7 years ago

Does anyone have a Model 1 Saturn (oval buttons) they'd want to part with? Looking to buy! ...or trade, if you don't mind having a Model 2 instead.

2 weeks later
#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does anyone have a Model 1 Saturn (oval buttons) they'd want to part with? Looking to buy! ...or trade, if you don't mind having a Model 2 instead.

Found one! Plug for Bros. Game Shop in Torrance ...neat little mom n pop type joint.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-wtb-nes-snes-n64-sega-dreamcast-games-and-the-like?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.