D960C5C5-AA73-4FC2-8E70-FD5E4C8FAD44 (resized).jpeg
3C6CA56A-EBAD-43BF-A740-0BB40EB026CD (resized).jpeg
50B8D105-951C-4F20-BEB5-47141C333E1C (resized).jpeg
514A34AB-265E-4946-8940-3A54DFF4A194 (resized).jpeg
295392D4-2E79-4B8B-BE32-AF2C97D0D939 (resized).jpeg
3A007CA8-432A-4425-8C05-6A9056F143B7 (resized).jpeg
E8946D6E-FD60-436A-AA66-11F45ABBB600 (resized).jpeg
ADB1525E-13B2-4E73-BE96-54C47A5626CA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 8 years ago

I think that next year will be the year that I finally attend the MGC and attempt to part with a good chunk of my stuff.

back story:
I used to author guides for prima and brady games. the money gained from that job fueled a stupidly large purchasing fever for about 8-10 years. I currently possess well over 2,000 sealed games (ps1, ps2, dreamcast, N64, gamecube, gameboy color, gameboy advance, DS) of both the us and japanese flavors.

as I'm getting into pinball and arcade restorations more and more, it's time to clear space and reduce the collection.

most of my goods are pristine (many of the items that I've sold off have garnered 90-95+ VGC ratings [not that I buy into that]) and I've got a few oddities and some rather cool collectibles among my collection (a brand new in box panasonic Q w/ the gameboy advance player, also brand new in box), a sealed copy of ZXE-D: legend of plasmalite (w/ the part swappable bandai robot model kits) and a complete run of weekly famitsu magazine from the time that they went weekly (back in 1991) to present

I've been attempting to catalog everything, but as anyone who has a sizeable collection knows, that takes time and dedication.

4 months later
#151 8 years ago

I'm making pretty good progress with cataloging my sealed game collection (I completed box no. 27 tonight). each box is the size of those that hold 10 reams of letter sized paper

I will post a link to what I have done at the end of the month. once I do that, any one that is making the journey to MGC (and interested in items from the list) can pm me with their want list and I will make sure to bring them to the show.

I've also got about 10+ boxes of older gaming magazines that I will be bringing as well. most are japanese (weekly famitsu, the playstation, dengeki playstation, playstation magazine, saturn fan, dreamcast fan, etc...) about 90-95% of them are in pristine, never been read condition.

I'm thinking of pricing the magazines at:
- $5 ea or 5 for $20 for those without a demo disc
- $10 ea or 5 for $40 for those containing a demo disc

9 months later
#250 7 years ago

it's time to start offing a good portion of my collection

I've started to list some of the 1,000+ japanese gaming magazines on ebay (seller id: digital_rats_nest) and I've got about 2,000+ sealed games that I'm going to be selling as well. if anyone is interested in the spreadsheet that I've started to compile, just pm me with your email address

3 weeks later
#285 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

ISO:
Nintendo 64
Would love a translucent version in green with the expansion i.e. The dk 64 version

I just sold one of these (still NIB) last year. sorry

2 weeks later
#294 7 years ago
Quoted from franksisko18:

You'd be surprised. I have more than a few games worth well over $1000

they're worth a lot more if they're still factory sealed and in mint condition

9 months later
#359 6 years ago

I saw the majora's mask amiibo @ a bestbuy on friday but didn't pick up any (because didn't see that you were looking for them until just now

sorry about that

2 years later
#367 4 years ago

for those in the metro detroit area, we will be having the first (hopefully annual or bi-annual) retro video game show in livonia, mi on saturday, may 9th
I will be bringing a ton of brand new, sealed games for the ps1, ps2, dreamcast and gameboy advance systems (both japanese and us) as well as a bunch of videogame related toys.

items from some of the other vendors include:
- arcade marquees & boards
- used home game cartridges, discs and systems
- megatouch systems

and depending on the set up (and number of vendor tables sold), there may be full arcade and pinball machines for sale as well
retro gaming show color flyer (resized).jpgretro gaming show color flyer (resized).jpg

#369 4 years ago

$25 for an 8' table. we're renting half the hall to start this show with (20 tables). if the show goes over well, we'll rent the entire hall for the next show

3 weeks later
#371 4 years ago

I might be interested in a monitor (or two), depending on their condition and the price. I think that I may have a few items from your list that you're looking for that I could offer in trade.

11 months later
#388 3 years ago

if anyone is after japanese titles, shoot me a pm of your desires.

I still have close to 2,000 factory sealed japanese gameboy color, gameboy advance, dreamcast, playstation and playstation 2 games that I'm looking to sell and reduce my collection.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Any Japanese ps2 systems?

I had a brand new zen black (transparent) jp ps2 but I don't remember if I sold it or not. if I uncover it, I'll let you know

2 years later
#463 1 year ago

target currently has a "buy one, get one 50% off" sale. that makes titles like the 50th atari anniversary and tmnt cowabunga collection very appealing

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I can find zero reason for me to grade anything that is not sealed. It just doesn't make sense to me. Having said that, I do have a lot of raw sealed games, prototypes, and one of a kind items that I could see getting graded eventually. But, only if the grading companies get their head out of their ass and decide what the fuck good they are actually doing anyone at all.

personally, the whole grading thing still comes off as quite the subjective scam. additionally, grading something on the package rather than the actual object (like coins, trading cards, etc...) never really made any sense to me. the fact that CGC and heritage are giving a grade based on the plastic, cardboard and shrink wrap never really made any sense. sure, it should add value if you have something that is pristine, but solely grading on that fact

I still love the stories of people submitting their items multiple times only to receive a different score based on who scored it, what day of the week it was graded, etc... only furthered the fact that the numbers are subjective and mean nothing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-wtb-nes-snes-n64-sega-dreamcast-games-and-the-like?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.