D960C5C5-AA73-4FC2-8E70-FD5E4C8FAD44 (resized).jpeg
3C6CA56A-EBAD-43BF-A740-0BB40EB026CD (resized).jpeg
50B8D105-951C-4F20-BEB5-47141C333E1C (resized).jpeg
514A34AB-265E-4946-8940-3A54DFF4A194 (resized).jpeg
295392D4-2E79-4B8B-BE32-AF2C97D0D939 (resized).jpeg
3A007CA8-432A-4425-8C05-6A9056F143B7 (resized).jpeg
E8946D6E-FD60-436A-AA66-11F45ABBB600 (resized).jpeg
ADB1525E-13B2-4E73-BE96-54C47A5626CA (resized).jpeg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#102 8 years ago

Double

#103 8 years ago

STILL $65?!?!?! Good lord.

#104 8 years ago

I don't know if we're at the peak of cart prices but I've been testing the waters and cashing in a bit. Just sold SNES Ninja Warriors for $400 and Super Turrican 2 for $350. Bye old collection! I'm gonna just get Everdrives for my consoles, declutter, and get some $$$!

Wish I still had my Genesis MUSHA. Sold it a few years ago for around $80 and now it's $450!!!!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

STILL $65?!?!?! Good lord.

Yep...

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't know if we're at the peak of cart prices but I've been testing the waters and cashing in a bit. Just sold SNES Ninja Warriors for $400 and Super Turrican 2 for $350. Bye old collection! I'm gonna just get Everdrives for my consoles, declutter, and get some $$$!
Wish I still had my Genesis MUSHA. Sold it a few years ago for around $80 and now it's $450!!!!

Hey, explain everdrive to me. I dont get it. Is it saved emulators on a cartridge? Or do you some how rip games to it that you own and they are all on one cartridge? Thanks!

#107 8 years ago

Hey, explain everdrive to me. I dont get it. Is it saved emulators on a cartridge? Or do you some how rip games to it that you own and they are all on one cartridge? Thanks!

I'm not sure the exact logic that makes it work, however basically what it does is allow the console to play a game off an SD card, so you take an SD card and load it with the ROMs you want, put the SD card in the Everdrive, and put the Everdrive in the respective console. Then bam, you can play all the games on that SD card.

#108 8 years ago

You are using orignal game ROMs. There are several websites that allow you to download the ROMs, you uncompress the zipfile and simply drag it into the folder on the SD card. Emulation is when you are not using original hardware like the consoles from Hyperkin or MAME.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

You are using orignal game ROMs. There are several websites that allow you to download the ROMs, you uncompress the zipfile and simply drag it into the folder on the SD card. Emulation is when you are not using original hardware like the consoles from Hyperkin or MAME.

Gotcha...very good. Thats pretty cool.

#110 8 years ago

Gotcha...very good. Thats pretty cool.

The other nice thing is that you can download ROMs of homebrew games, hacks, versions from Europe or Japan etc and play them on your system. Games like NES Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 with the current lineups with matching abilities for the players are online for free as well. I downloaded a few of the better game ROMs for the Famicom Disk System and play them on the Analogue Nt. The NES Powerpak is not able to do this lbut the N8 Everdrive has the proper mapper files installed in the firmware.

#111 8 years ago

And reversely you can put a game that is rom only onto a cart as well.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

The other nice thing is that you can download ROMs of homebrew games, hacks, versions from Europe or Japan etc and play them on your system. Games like NES Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 with the current lineups with matching abilities for the players are online for free as well. I downloaded a few of the better game ROMs for the Famicom Disk System and play them on the Analogue Nt. The NES Powerpak is not able to do this lbut the N8 Everdrive has the proper mapper files installed in the firmware.

What does the Everdrive support that the Powerpak doesn't? Just FDS? I have a Powerpak on the way now specifically to play homebrew ROMs and hacks, I'll be bummed if there are many compatibility issues. Looking at them I definitely made the wrong choice

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Games like NES Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 with the current lineups with matching abilities for the players are online for free as well.

Man, next you are gonna tell me they have wide screen support, lol.

#114 8 years ago

everdrive....Oh.my.gosh. My dreams come true......

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's one of the best 16-bit SHMUPS ever made. Hell, one of the best ever, period. Even at 450, my copy is staying put.

#116 8 years ago

wow... great prices right there .... im guessing these were complete in the box?

if you ever get a hankering to play ninjawarriors, you can always swing by and play it at my house (once i get it fulling working).

Quoted from Rarehero:

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

What does the Everdrive support that the Powerpak doesn't? Just FDS? I have a Powerpak on the way now specifically to play homebrew ROMs and hacks, I'll be bummed if there are many compatibility issues. Looking at them I definitely made the wrong choice

Only issues are a few of the hacks and homebrew games... and FDS won't work on the PowerPak. I had Contra 7 work on the Everdrive but not on my PowerPak. I am sure other ROMs are the same way.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's one of the best 16-bit SHMUPS ever made. Hell, one of the best ever, period. Even at 450, my copy is staying put.

It's awesome but I can play it on my Everdrive. ...or Wii Virtual Console.

#120 8 years ago

You guys seen this yet? Wow.
amazon.com link »

I have one! While I still pull out my original hardware from time to time, in terms of cord management alone, this thing is awesome. And, it has an hdmi output and essentially acts as a framemeister so your games look amazing on a modern TV.

Cons: the packaged controller is awful. Luckily, there are inputs on the side for NES, SNES, and Genesis controllers, so it's not a huge deal.

The other problem is that since this thing essentially downloads the cart ROM and plays it from it's own hardware, you have to remember to upload your save game data back to the cart, otherwise it won't be there when you plug the cart into a regular console.

All that aside, I still highly recommend the Retron for anyone with a large cartridge collection.

#121 8 years ago

You guys seen this yet? Wow.
amazon.com link »

They've been around for a while. The price has come down on them since the first came out. there's a topic about it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out

#122 8 years ago

What is the original gameboy going for these days? I have one with a case and some games collecting dust.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What is the original gameboy going for these days? I have one with a case and some games collecting dust.

$5 at a garage sale, $20 at retail. Anywhere inbetween for a typical private sale.

#124 8 years ago

I have a Gameboy Color Tommy Hilfiger edition. Any value in that? It is just sitting :/

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

They've been around for a while. The price has come down on them since the first came out. there's a topic about it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out

I have one of the smaller ones that does nes, snes together and does genesis with an adapter, but I had never seen the one I posted before.

#126 8 years ago

I have one of the smaller ones that does nes, snes together and does Genesis with an adapter, but I had never seen the one I posted before.

I've seen them online (i.E. Funstock), and have seen the for sale a t a store in Anaheim CA. They've been there for at least a year.

#127 8 years ago

I have one of the smaller ones that does nes, snes together and does Genesis with an adapter, but I had never seen the one I posted before.

I rather not support a sleezy company. I will give my $$ to RetroUSB and Krizz any day!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/retro-console-retron-5-accused-of-stealing-open-source-emulator-code/0139064

#128 8 years ago

WTB - i'm currently looking for any TURBO GRAFX-16 games you guys might have..... loose hucards, complete games, even sports titles too.

shoot me a pm if you have anything for sale or possible trade too

#129 8 years ago

Still being blown away by what Genesis and SNES carts are going for...I wonder - has there ever been info released about production numbers? All these "rare" games - seemed so incredibly common back in the day.

For example, I see SNES Space Megaforce headed toward $400 CIB. How many do you think were made? 10,000? 5,000? Less?

#130 8 years ago

yeah... it seems like over the last year or two prices have skyrocketed on nintendo games ... esp nes and super nes. sadly, I can't even afford to buy back some of the snes games I used to own like Dracula x and mega man x2 x3 and so on.

Its also amazing the price differences from loose carts to carts that have the boxes and manuals. sometimes double and triple in price.

seems like there is a lot of love for anything nintendo on eBay right now. seems like systems like the genesis don't get as much love (except for rares like musha and a few others).

Quoted from Rarehero:

Still being blown away by what Genesis and SNES carts are going for...I wonder - has there ever been info released about production numbers? All these "rare" games - seemed so incredibly common back in the day.
For example, I see SNES Space Megaforce headed toward $400 CIB. How many do you think were made? 10,000? 5,000? Less?

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yeah... it seems like over the last year or two prices have skyrocketed on nintendo games ... esp nes and super nes. sadly, I can't even afford to buy back some of the snes games I used to own like Dracula x and mega man x2 x3 and so on.
Its also amazing the price differences from loose carts to carts that have the boxes and manuals. sometimes double and triple in price.
seems like there is a lot of love for anything nintendo on eBay right now. seems like systems like the Genesis don't get as much love (except for rares like musha and a few others).

Nintendo rules, yo

SNES is still my favorite, though - and holds up quite well today. Maybe that's why it's become so popular. I love the Genesis, too - but The SNES color palette, FX & sound are still quite phenomenal, IMO.

#132 8 years ago

I think that next year will be the year that I finally attend the MGC and attempt to part with a good chunk of my stuff.

back story:
I used to author guides for prima and brady games. the money gained from that job fueled a stupidly large purchasing fever for about 8-10 years. I currently possess well over 2,000 sealed games (ps1, ps2, dreamcast, N64, gamecube, gameboy color, gameboy advance, DS) of both the us and japanese flavors.

as I'm getting into pinball and arcade restorations more and more, it's time to clear space and reduce the collection.

most of my goods are pristine (many of the items that I've sold off have garnered 90-95+ VGC ratings [not that I buy into that]) and I've got a few oddities and some rather cool collectibles among my collection (a brand new in box panasonic Q w/ the gameboy advance player, also brand new in box), a sealed copy of ZXE-D: legend of plasmalite (w/ the part swappable bandai robot model kits) and a complete run of weekly famitsu magazine from the time that they went weekly (back in 1991) to present

I've been attempting to catalog everything, but as anyone who has a sizeable collection knows, that takes time and dedication.

#133 8 years ago

I have just about all of Nintendo running in a Playchoice cabinet along with some other playchoice games and a spare board. It does have a cart to barely sneak in on this one, known as the PowerPak, which is fully setup, loaded and adapted to the Playchoice. Anyone wanna trade a pin for it? I do have a wishlist.

#134 8 years ago

wow... your sealed collection of games is most impressive... I hope you got to play some of these games?? haha..

would love to see which n64 / GameCube sealed games you have.

Quoted from j_m_:

I think that next year will be the year that I finally attend the MGC and attempt to part with a good chunk of my stuff.
back story:
I used to author guides for prima and brady games. the money gained from that job fueled a stupidly large purchasing fever for about 8-10 years. I currently possess well over 2,000 sealed games (ps1, ps2, dreamcast, N64, gamecube, gameboy color, gameboy advance, DS) of both the us and japanese flavors.
as I'm getting into pinball and arcade restorations more and more, it's time to clear space and reduce the collection.
most of my goods are pristine (many of the items that I've sold off have garnered 90-95+ VGC ratings [not that I buy into that]) and I've got a few oddities and some rather cool collectibles among my collection (a brand new in box panasonic Q w/ the gameboy advance player, also brand new in box), a sealed copy of ZXE-D: legend of plasmalite (w/ the part swappable bandai robot model kits) and a complete run of weekly famitsu magazine from the time that they went weekly (back in 1991) to present
I've been attempting to catalog everything, but as anyone who has a sizeable collection knows, that takes time and dedication.

1 month later
#135 8 years ago

Got a buddy looking for a Ricochet Console.
Let me know if you have one you want to part with or know of someone who might.
Thanks.

Ricochet MT1A_www.jpgRicochet MT1A_www.jpg

#136 8 years ago

Just ordered a N64 UltraHDMI kit to have installed in my smoke transparent console by badassconsoles.com

He solders the connections for you and makes a nice space for the port.

There were 50 kits that went up for sale at 11pm EST today. Going fast!!!

http://www.badassconsoles.com/ultrahdmi/

https://twitter.com/BadAssConsoles

http://www.retrorgb.com/ultrahdmi.html

1 month later
#137 8 years ago

Hi there, I am looking for a Sega Power Base Converter for the Genesis. Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

#138 8 years ago

I wish I would have bought an Analogue NT when they were available. Now they are sold out.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

Hi there, I am looking for a Sega Power Base Converter for the Genesis. Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

Ouch. I sold one a few months back. However I know someone that has a couple that he might be willing to sell. I'll try to contact him today.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Ouch. I sold one a few months back. However I know someone that has a couple that he might be willing to sell. I'll try to contact him today.

Thank you!

2 weeks later
#141 8 years ago

I'm looking for a fire orange n64. Anybody got one they are willing to part with?

Here's a pic of a very small portion of my collection

IMG_20150527_214019776_(resized).jpgIMG_20150527_214019776_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#142 8 years ago

Added Marvel vs Capcom to my list. Glad this thread is still on the up and up!

#143 8 years ago

So my transparent Smoke colored N64 UltraHDMI console finally arrived from BadAss Consoles yesterday. Hooked it up and WOW what a gorgous picture in the retro mode with CRT like image (blooming/ scanlines) in 1080p! I had him change the power light to a white LED and he back lit the logo as well. It turned out nice, a very subdued light mod that won't blind everyone

IMG_1029_(resized).JPGIMG_1029_(resized).JPG
IMG_1032_(resized).JPGIMG_1032_(resized).JPG
IMG_1033_(resized).JPGIMG_1033_(resized).JPG

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

So my transparent Smoke colored N64 UltraHDMI console finally arrived from BadAss Consoles yesterday. Hooked it up and WOW what a gorgous picture in the retro mode with CRT like image (blooming/ scanlines) in 1080p! I had him change the power light to a white LED and he back lit the logo as well. It turned out nice, a very subdued light mod that won't blind everyone
IMG_1029_(resized).JPG
IMG_1032_(resized).JPG
IMG_1033_(resized).JPG

That looks awesome, congrats!

#146 8 years ago

For all you Dreamcast fans out there here is a low cost HDMI solution that generates a great picture and does not require Framemeister type of $$$. I purchased the same VGA to HDMI converter featured in the video off eBay for $14 and a DC VGA cable for $13. I connected the L and R audio cables straight to my a/v receiver.

#147 8 years ago

have some stuff for sale, pm with questions. these are on local craigslist as well so some might sell that way

Dreamcast :
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves - $80
Bangai-o - $60
Star Wars: Demoltion - $10

Take all 3 for $130

Gamecube:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door CIB - $40 SOLD
Crazy Taxi CIB - $5
Star Wars: Rouge Leader CIB - $15
Home Run King CIB - $3
Swingerz Golf CIB - $5
Mario Party 7 CIB - $30
Gauntlet Dark Legacy - no manual - $40
Super Smash Bros. Melee - no manual - $50 SOLD

PS4 CIB
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $15 (this is the game that came out prior to MGS:V)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - $15
Dragon Age: Inquisition - $15
FIFA 14 - $5
Sniper Elite III - $15
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $15

or take all of them for $60

#148 8 years ago

Looking to buy a complete in box copy of Ninja Golf for Atari 7200 if anyone has one.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

WTB - i'm currently looking for any TURBO GRAFX-16 games you guys might have..... loose hucards, complete games, even sports titles too.
shoot me a pm if you have anything for sale or possible trade too

I have a nice turboCD I might be willing to part with. I'd keep the TG16 but let the cd add on and carry case go with it. I don't have the system card for it either

#150 8 years ago

very cool... you got any hucards for sale?

I'm also looking for nes / snes / gamecube / wii games ... pm me with what you guys got for sale

Quoted from Haymaker:

I have a nice turboCD I might be willing to part with. I'd keep the TG16 but let the cd add on and carry case go with it. I don't have the system card for it either

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-wtb-nes-snes-n64-sega-dreamcast-games-and-the-like/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.