4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 363 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 94 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171124_201134 (resized).jpg
20171124_201127 (resized).jpg
20170713_194803 (resized).jpg
WP_20150420_10_31_49_Pro (resized).jpg
20150517_194716 (resized).jpg
WP_20150420_10_31_40_Pro (resized).jpg
1275713_10151849144458901_1076374527_o (resized).jpg
1274412_10151849144598901_1611343734_o (resized).jpg
1238810_10151849144108901_98922914_n (resized).jpg
1229983_10151849144663901_565014832_n (resized).jpg
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
IMG_0231 (resized).JPG
DSCF5960 (resized).JPG
DSCF5944 (resized).JPG
DSCF5946 (resized).JPG

There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 4 years ago

Hello, does any one have any retro console games sitting around they want to sell? I am specifically looking for some, but will accept others as well depending on the title.

I am looking to add to my home collection, I am not going to resell.

I have a retro gaming party/pinball tournament at my house every year and I setup TVs from my work with different consoles on them for my friends and their kids to play. Its fun to introduce the kids to cartridge games and watch them try and figure the games out.

Got a request to make this a FS/WTB thread so others can get in on the action. Post away!

Here is what I am looking for.

NES:
Pinbot
Contra
Mario 3
Battletoads
Excite Bike
Kid Icarus
Kung Fu
Mega man

SNES:
DOOM
Any Yoshi games
Contra 3 Alien Wars
Killer Instinct
Star Fox

N64:
Zelda
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Doom 64
Bio Freaks

Sega Genesis:
Shining Force I
Road Rash
Aladdin
Sonic 1/2/3

Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventure
Star Wars Demolition
Jet Grind Radio
Coaster Works
Unreal tournament
Soldier of fortune
Marvel vs Capcom 1

Thanks to any one that can hook it up!

#2 4 years ago

Get ready for sticker shock with Conker...

#3 4 years ago

I have a couple doubles of the ones you listed but they seem to be the most common(cheapest) on your list. i don't know if the value between them is worth the shipping

nes
pinbot

snes
Lion King (Boxed complete but with damage on box)
Killer Instinct ( Stickers on the cart)

I could maybe get rid of n64 controller

I might be able to dig up some of the sonics on Genesis but there at my parents house still

Dreamcast i have the most games for but not sure if any of those games are in my doubles I might have a sonic adventure though

#4 4 years ago

Man you should of hit up MGC

#5 4 years ago

I got your Sonic Adventure. PM me if ya wants it

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Man you should of hit up MGC

I know....i work a lot, and i have a lot of stupid crap this year i had to request off for.

#7 4 years ago

Chitownpinball,
I have Mario Kart 64. For the cart only, I'd ask $28 shipped. I also have the box and inserts...

I like collecting n64 boxes and inserts, and I could send just a cartridge out through regular mail in a padded envelope. I would send an n64 box out through a bigger box so it doesn't get creased. I also have a couple extra gray controllers, and an extra R2R game(I saw a R2R game on your list and it's a cheap game so why not). I'd ask $58 shipped for everything in the pics. Thank you

IMG_20150430_140413.jpg IMG_20150430_140502.jpg IMG_20150430_140528.jpg IMG_20150430_140449.jpg
#8 4 years ago

Thanks to all the repliers so far. I have hit the ones im interested in with pms.

#9 4 years ago

Got a request to make ths a fs/wtb thread. Request granted!

#10 4 years ago

Okay.... WTB E.V.O. for SNES.

#11 4 years ago

Ohh...good thread idea.

WTB:
Amiibo:
Little Mac
Pit
King Dedede
Ike

I have a Gold Mario and a Toad I can trade towards these. Will not pay crazy scalper prices as there are many rumors that reruns may be coming for some of the hard to find ones.

Also looking for Super Mario RPG for SNES and Paper Mario N64. Complete would be spiffy but probably price prohibitive. Also wouldn't mind finding any of the Mario Party games (other than 6, 7, 10) if reasonably priced. Also interested in most Kirby games especially Return to Dreamland (Wii).

#12 4 years ago

WTB large lots of anything. Any platforms, any games. Can include consoles/handhelds in addition to the games. PM me if you have anything!

Also thanks for creating this thread, I'll probably be posting back here every now and then with what I'm selling or buying.

#13 4 years ago

Changed the title...makes more sense now i think, lol.

#15 4 years ago

Mario Kart + controllers is sold!

WTB:
NES:
Castlevania
Castlevania III
Kid Icarus

SNES:
Super Castlevania IV
Mega Man X2
Chrono Trigger

Thank you

#16 4 years ago

WTB: Sega genesis Moonwalker - can be only cart. It was a childhood game, along with Altered Beast and I want the game to play again on my sega!

#17 4 years ago

Anyone interested in an oddessey with about 12 games? Has original box, it'd probably be somewhat expensive to ship though

#18 4 years ago

My current dupes:

NES:
Final Fantasy
Legend of Zelda 2, The: The Adventure of Link
Mighty Final Fight
Yo! Noid

SNES:
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
WWF Super Wrestlemania

Genesis:
Sonic 3D Blast

There is a long list of games I'm interested in, and (yes) I know what they're worth and would be willing to trade +$.

Some of the highlights include:

NES:
Bucky O'Hare
Gargoyles Quest II
Vice: Project Doom
Jackie Chan Action Kung-Fu
Uninvited
Trog
8 Eyes
Menace Beach
Wacky Races
Gemfire
Krion Conquest
Felix the Cat

SNES:
EVO
Earthbound
Megaman 7
Mega Man X3
Wild Guns
Super Bonk
Skyblazer
Ogre Battle
Spiderman: Maximum Carnage (*red cart*)
Metal Warriors
Captain Commando
Hagane
Ghoul Patrol
Biker Mice from Mars
Knights of the Round
Magic Sword
Run Sabre
King of Dragons

Genesis:
A number of games, including all Shining Force games, Sparkster, Yu Yu Hakusho, Steel Empire, and Shadowrun.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Anyone interested in an oddessey with about 12 games? Has original box, it'd probably be somewhat expensive to ship though

PM sent.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Conker is a great game. I still remember buying it at Target on clearance for less than $10, and they had a big stack of them.

I recently sold this lot that I found in my closet. All boxes and paperwork intact and in great condition. Now I kind of miss it.

IMG_2759.JPG

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Conker is a great game. I still remember buying it at Target on clearance for less than $10, and they had a big stack of them.
I recently sold this lot that I found in my closet. All boxes and paperwork intact and in great condition. Now I kind of miss it.
IMG_2759.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I'm tempted to part with games from time to time, especially ones that are worth a lot like my EVO or Conker's, but I figure once I get rid of it I'll miss it, so as a result I do much more buying than selling

1 week later
#22 4 years ago

I have a bunch of consoles, controllers & games to sell... NES, SMS, SNES, Genesis, & GameCube.

Emptying my closet now, but pm if you're interested. I'd rather let everything go as a console package vs. individual items.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Not that expensive...shipped an Odyssey2 with about 10 boxed games last year...was surprisingly cheap.

#24 4 years ago

Day late and a dollar short. I just got this out of a unit and sent it for dirt cheap. Geez. I am going to have to favorite this thread and hope I get more loot.

DSCN0001.JPG
#25 4 years ago

SNES
image.jpg

#27 4 years ago

NES
image.jpg

#28 4 years ago

GameCube
image.jpg

#29 4 years ago

PSOne
image.jpg

#30 4 years ago

Every console comes with controller, power adapter, and video wires.

Game list:

SNES:
Indiana Jones
Super Mario All Stars
Alien Vs Predator
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Batman Returns
Death & Return of Superman
TMNT IV
Super Star Wars
Donkey Kong Country
Super Return of the Jedi
Castlevania IV
Super Empire Strikes Back

Genesis:
Aladdin
T2
Golden Axe II
6-Pak
Midnight Resistance
Superman
Shinobi III
Batman
Terminator

SMS:
Outrun
After Burner
Rambo
Double Dragon
Shinobi
Space Harrier

NES:
Contra
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Super Mario 3
Spy Hunter
Predator... not the pinball game
POW
Empire Strikes Back
Rygar
Robocop
Bad Dudes
Double Dragon II
Ninja Gaiden
Operation Wolf
Donky Kong
River City Ransom
Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt

GameCube:
Rebel Strike
Rogue Leader

PSOne:
Einhander
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill
Nightmare Creatures
Loaded
Doom

#31 4 years ago

I've been on a NES kick lately and have been looking for some home brew games. I have Extra Mario Bros now, and I have Zelda Outlands on its way. I'm looking to get the Japan version of Super Mario bros 2, and Mario adventure.

I'm going to try and create a collection of the 50-75 greatest games (for me) for the NES so far I have 50 games. Not all are great but I do have some pretty great titles image.jpg

#32 4 years ago

So what are you selling luck dogg? Everything in that pic?

1 week later
#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have a bunch of consoles, controllers & games to sell... NES, SMS, SNES, Genesis, & GameCube.
Emptying my closet now, but pm if you're interested. I'd rather let everything go as a console package vs. individual items.

Everything is sold.

#34 4 years ago

Package came in the mail today, thanks Mudflaps! + Rep to him, transaction was smooth and everything was packed very nicely.

Also + rep to Pinsider z28dan who I bought a whole ton of retro gaming stuff from locally.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Holy shit, I just looked it up on eBay!!!! Wasn't Conker relatively common? Why would it be so expensive now?

I'm actually amazed at the prices of old games. I thought emulation would have killed all collectibility of old carts. Dunno if this is a hipster fueled fad or what, but I feel like I should sell all my old games lol.....I do love Conker though - the likelyhood of me sitting there and playing it is pretty low - but it's the sole reason I bought an N64.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy shit, I just looked it up on eBay!!!! Wasn't Conker relatively common? Why would it be so expensive now?
I'm actually amazed at the prices of old games. I thought emulation would have killed all collectibility of old carts. Dunno if this is a hipster fueled fad or what, but I feel like I should sell all my old games lol.....I do love Conker though - the likelyhood of me sitting there and playing it is pretty low - but it's the sole reason I bought an N64.

When I was little we had an n64, and later a gamecube. I never played any retro games back then, except for Zelda and Zelda II on the gamecube "collectors edition" disk. As a kid I also played a couple of games that were basically tributes to 8-bit games: I Wanna Be the Guy, and Cave Story.

If it wasn't for emulation I wouldn't have started collecting actual NES/SNES games.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hipster fuel and collector fuel pricing. Pretty ridiculous I couldn't find a Super Mario world that came with a SNES less than $20. A nice pin collector on pinside sent me a Super Mario World 2 (mod).

#38 4 years ago

Conker's Bad Fur Day...it's a real oddity in it's universe. It's a very adult oriented game, violence, sex references you name it....on a Nintendo system originally. I don't know why it still sells for as much as it does given you can get CBFD Reloaded..I guess it probably has something to do with this:

"several minor obscenities within the voice dialogue that are present in the Nintendo 64 game were censored at Microsoft's request"

Personally, I have not played the N64 version, I played Live and Reloaded, and found it to be plenty "adult" as-is...? Hilarious game. Definitely pick up at least the Xbox version if you can.

#39 4 years ago

Oh, and for the record, Cave Story is probably one of my favorite platformers, EVAR. Damn, that game nailed so many high points of the NES era, and then when they went back and added the better graphics and upgraded soundtrack on top of it....I drove my wife NUTS for like a week straight playing it.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Conker's Bad Fur Day...it's a real oddity in it's universe. It's a very adult oriented game, violence, sex references you name it....on a Nintendo system originally. I don't know why it still sells for as much as it does given you can get CBFD Reloaded..I guess it probably has something to do with this:
"several minor obscenities within the voice dialogue that are present in the Nintendo 64 game were censored at Microsoft's request"
Personally, I have not played the N64 version, I played Live and Reloaded, and found it to be plenty "adult" as-is...? Hilarious game. Definitely pick up at least the Xbox version if you can.

I owned the N64 version, my favorite game by far! Absolutely hilarious and lots of fun!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh, and for the record, Cave Story is probably one of my favorite platformers, EVAR. Damn, that game nailed so many high points of the NES era, and then when they went back and added the better graphics and upgraded soundtrack on top of it....I drove my wife NUTS for like a week straight playing it.

To whoever might play this, I would recommend checking out the original soundtrack before selecting the remastered one. The original chiptune music sounds beautiful!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh yeah, that was bizarre that the Xbox version was called UNCUT....and it was censored...THAT GAME?!?!! Censored!??!?!! The only thing Nintendo censored was the F word...everything else was fair game. Also, the Xbox version was missing the crazy laser light show in the rock-monster rave club. The graphics were SOOOOOO much better on the Xbox version, though. I've got them both!

Here's the Great Mighty Poo song from both versions...right off the bat, the Xbox version censors "shit" and "twat". Boooo...

Quoted from dantebean:

Hipster fuel and collector fuel pricing. Pretty ridiculous I couldn't find a Super Mario world that came with a SNES less than $20.

I used to work at a Funcoland (used game store) and we'd buy back NES/SNES/Genesis games for practically NOTHING. Pennies sometimes, people just wanted them gone and credit for new games. Granted, it was 20 years ago....but yeah some of these game prices blow my mind. I've sold a few of my games....Radiant Silvergun for Saturn (I was perfectly happy with the Xbox 360 HD version instead), MUSHA for Genesis (which has now gone up MORE!)...and a few others. I might have to purge a few more...I don't mind just playing them emulated. In fact, it's a bit better IMO - as you can output at a higher resolution through HDMI.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh yeah, that was bizarre that the Xbox version was called UNCUT....and it was censored...THAT GAME?!?!! Censored!??!?!! The only thing Nintendo censored was the F word...everything else was fair game. Also, the Xbox version was missing the crazy laser light show in the rock-monster rave club. The graphics were SOOOOOO much better on the Xbox version, though. I've got them both!
Here's the Great Mighty Poo song from both versions...right off the bat, the Xbox version censors "shit" and "twat". Boooo...
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I used to work at a Funcoland (used game store) and we'd buy back NES/SNES/Genesis games for practically NOTHING. Pennies sometimes, people just wanted them gone and credit for new games. Granted, it was 20 years ago....but yeah some of these game prices blow my mind. I've sold a few of my games....Radiant Silvergun for Saturn (I was perfectly happy with the Xbox 360 HD version instead), MUSHA for Genesis (which has now gone up MORE!)...and a few others. I might have to purge a few more...I don't mind just playing them emulated. In fact, it's a bit better IMO - as you can output at a higher resolution through HDMI.

I worked at Software Etc (GameStop now). It was ridiculous what we have for trade in. It was late 90s so I think PS2 era.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I worked at Software Etc (GameStop now). It was ridiculous what we have for trade in. It was late 90s so I think PS2 era.

Hah, Funcoland's all turned into Gamestops. I was there during the Genesis/SNES era...'93-94 I think.

#45 4 years ago

I decided to make a club thread for all sorts of retro gaming discussion, that way this thread can stay more focused on buy/sell type stuff. Head on over there if you're interested!

Link - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-retro-consolehandheld-video-game-club

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Package came in the mail today, thanks Mudflaps! + Rep to him, transaction was smooth and everything was packed very nicely.
Also + rep to Pinsider z28dan who I bought a whole ton of retro gaming stuff from locally.

Awesome, glad to hear it! I definitely had seller's remorse, so you better enjoy it!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hah, Funcoland's all turned into Gamestops. I was there during the Genesis/SNES era...'93-94 I think.

I bought my N64 USED at Funcoland like a month after it came out for like $300 with pilot wings only...it was a hot system back then. That was like, my entire kid savings at that point.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I bought my N64 USED at Funcoland like a month after it came out for like $300 with pilot wings only...it was a hot system back then. That was like, my entire kid savings at that point.

Yikes! I don't remember what I paid for mine...but it was when Conker came out so it was definitely cheaper. I got the "watermelon" colored one cuz I thought it looked cool...that was when the first iMac's came out! Translucent colored electronics were in!

Melon64.jpg
2 weeks later
#49 4 years ago

Anyone try these? Also a handful of new kickstarter video games, that they are making a version on the old nes etc that is awesome

http://www.nesreproductions.com/

#50 4 years ago

Not them, but I've ordered games from both Flashback entertainment and Gamereproductions.com. I've been very happy with both orders!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 1,000.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 265.00
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside