Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CactusJack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

need get this prototype game done and it requires this ced player.
    came stock in some video games.
    please pm me
    thx

#2 9 years ago

I know zero about this.. CED player.. but I found this...

http://www.cedmagic.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

#3 9 years ago

thank you tons
    ps- still looking in the meantime...off i go..

#4 9 years ago

Try the website "allofcraigs".
    Just google it.

#5 9 years ago

CED player, is the old RCA video disc format, right? If so they are on Ebay all the time rather cheap.

#6 9 years ago

We had one growing up. Was one of the first widescreen/quality formats for movie fans. Loved it.

#7 9 years ago

CED players may come up often on ebay but the ones that have the computer control capability needed for the video games I don't think are. Only near the end of the CED format did RCA offer the control capability. Good luck with restoring this game. I would love to see and play it.

I think it is amazing that a CED arcade game works at all at this point. The discs themselves are like records and were designed to only have about 100 plays before the needle wore down enough of the grooves to greatly affect resolution. I would be interesting to see how they hold up in this use case.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

We had one growing up. Was one of the first widescreen/quality formats for movie fans. Loved it.

I think your thinking of laserdisc, we had hundreds of CED movies, and I never saw a widescreen one.

#9 9 years ago

Ahhhh.... CED, our family's first introduction to home video.

Curious, the only arcade (that I'm aware of) that uses a CED player is that NFL one. Is that the one you are currently trying to resurrect?

#10 9 years ago

I did not even know there was a game that used CED.. I remember Dragons Lair used laserdisc.. learn something new every day.

#11 9 years ago

Used to repair these things back in the day. The shop I worked at rented the discs. They actually worked pretty well until the stylus went south or the disc wore out and started skipping.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

I think your thinking of laserdisc, we had hundreds of CED movies, and I never saw a widescreen one.

I thought some of ours were widescreen like The Man who Shot Liberty Vallence. I know they were not Pan and Scan because the James Bond films allowed me to see scenes I never did on the VHS version.

#13 9 years ago

Yes its nfl. Requires the exact model number i have wanted. The game is dedicated and a test machine that was never on location. It looks like new in and out. The current player wont power on. If i manually press on off several times ill get a brief power flicker. I just need a confirmed working ced player so i can go from there.

3 weeks later
    #14 9 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

CED players may come up often on ebay but the ones that have the computer control capability needed for the video games I don't think are. Only near the end of the CED format did RCA offer the control capability. Good luck with restoring this game. I would love to see and play it.
    I think it is amazing that a CED arcade game works at all at this point. The discs themselves are like records and were designed to only have about 100 plays before the needle wore down enough of the grooves to greatly affect resolution. I would be interesting to see how they hold up in this use case.

Exactly. We had a number of NFLs. After only a couple of weeks running the attract mode (same portion of the disc over and over), the discs were damaged. We ultimately returned every one we purchased much to the dismay of the distributorship.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-wanted-rca-selectavision-sjt-400-ced-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.