10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DocRotCod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

All our games are on a wall switch, including the game in question.
    You turn the wall switch on and all the games turn on...until a couple days ago.

When you turn the wall switch on now, the game boots but the computer doesn't turn on. It says "no signal"
    on the monitor. Turning on the game now involves opening the coin door and pressing the power button on the computer, which isn't a big deal, but I'd like to have it back to the way it was working for the past 7 years.

I replaced the battery on the motherboard in question and still you have to manually push the power button on the computer to start the game.

Was a setting lost in the game when the battery died?
    The game is a PGA golf if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Harry

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

In the BIOS of the computer there should be a setting that says something about 'ac auto recovery' or 'power on after power loss'.

Correct. Good call.
    I found a service bulletin online explaining the CMOS and BIOS settings.

Ready for this one. There was a VERY SMALL BARELY VISIBLE protector on the negative side of the new battery I installed. After pulling my hair out, I took the new battery out to measure voltage and it read dead...because of the VERY SMALL BARELY VISIBLE protector on it.

Once removed and the new settings installed, everything is back to normal.

Thanks Doc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-video-game-computer-question?tu=hank35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.