(Topic ID: 28040)

OT (sorta) - Which bar should I build to complement my game room?

By GoneFishinLvMsg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which bar should I build?”

• Bar #1 18 votes
      53%
    • Bar #2 3 votes
      9%
    • Bar #3 4 votes
      12%
    • Bar #4 2 votes
      6%
    • This looks like too much work. Fill the room with more pinball machines. 7 votes
      21%

(34 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SANY0049.JPG
    SANY0047.JPG
    SANY0045.JPG
    SANY0043.JPG
    DSC08561.JPG
    barcade4.jpg
    barcade3.jpg
    barcade2.jpg
    barcade1.jpg
    download.jpg
    dartboard-setup_7.jpg
    data-east-torpedo-alley.jpg
    bar.jpg
    option_5.JPG
    copy.jpg
    222213_1838318276805_6530937_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoneFishinLvMsg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hey all, I have an empty dining room across the hall from my game room that I want to turn into a bar. Which proposed bar configuration do you like best?

bar_options.JPGbar_options.JPG 222213_1838318276805_6530937_n.jpg222213_1838318276805_6530937_n.jpg

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from triadwatch:

Bar 1 you have room for keg and wine plus windows will stay open . 3and 4 will crowd the room too much and no room at all. Just my 2 cents

I hear you. My only concern about #1 is that the bar stool on the right partially blocks the hallway. I know I don't have to put one there all the time, but I think it would look weird with an empty space there. Maybe I'm just overthinking it though. The nice thing about #1 is I could put an upright arcade or a dart board to the left of the bar. Not a pin, though. It would block the bartender's access.

Really, I'm having a tough time deciding. Each one has it's pluses and minuses.

#8 11 years ago

Adding one to the list. Unfortunately I don't see a way to modify my poll.

option_5.JPGoption_5.JPG

#10 11 years ago

LOL!!!

I was wondering what that was. What's the other one, Tron? I was going to put TFLE in there but I was too lazy to find a picture.

#16 11 years ago

Haha. He's not from WI, what can you say?

A bar with a TV in it along with the game room will make my living room a huge waste of space.

Now to find a good set of Packer drapes to go on those windows.

Dave: http://www.lnt.com/product/wine-cellar/240997-2902/danby-wine-cooler-danby.html?utm_source=googleproductads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term={keyword}

For the GF, not me.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Attach beer holders to the legs of your pins. More room for pins! Problem solved.

My pins all have Pingulps.

#22 11 years ago

I got more accurate measurements and revised Bar #5 a little. Too much?

I think we can safely say that 2, 3 and 4 are out (Sarah vetoed blocking the windows), so it's between 1 and 5 now.

bar.jpgbar.jpg

#24 11 years ago

The GF wants to do a Navy theme (I'm on active duty and she's a vet) so maybe F14? She says no pins in the bar area though.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I think you dig #5 bro so I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
    Go PACK Go! #Stockholder!

Yes, but the girlfriend prefers #1. Her reasoning: So you can see the TV from the game room. I suppose I could get an extra TV for that wall.

Also a stockholder.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

If I were you, I would make a non-walk behind bar, more like a wall unit bar at the far end against the wall, and stools in front of that. That then frees up more room in that room for machines, which in the end is what everyone is always confined by.
    I have a good sized bar I built, 12x6', but this on the side of one of a 35x25’ room and partially under a staircase (great use of space in my opinion). I think if I had any different of a layout, I would make sure I could maximize more pins, as you are rarely behind the bar enough to necessitate that typical/classic design. I know it looks cool, but there are other options that allow more room, and work just as good for seating/gathering.

I'm not really interested in adding pins to this room. If I can fit one, then great, but if not then oh well. I have a whole room full of pins directly across from this room.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from charm86:

Whatever design you go with, make a mock-up first. Put some tape on the floor or build up some boxes that are roughly the same size. You would be surprised how designs can look open on a print and wind up very cramped when it's all built. Some of your dimensions look a little tight. Don't forget that those stools fit up nice and tight to the bar when unoccupied, but they take up more space when filled with someone's butt

Good point. The bar measurements do include 3" or 4" of overhang/bar rail, so the patrons' knees would be at least partially underneath.

#39 11 years ago

Looks like #1 is the clear winner. My friends think the same thing too. It was pointed out to me than any self-respecting bar NEEDS a TV larger than 32", so that kinda nixes #5. I'm not a big TV watcher, but I can see their point.

This is gonna be a fun project! Gonna order the freezer/fridge to make the keg box today!

1 week later
    #40 11 years ago

Update: Haven't started the bar yet, but I've started buying power tools. This is almost as much fun as buying pinball machines! Of course once I'm done I'll have more into this thing that it'd cost to have one built, but what fun would that be?

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Gold Wings for the win.
    I would go with #1 with a cocktail table in the open area. I also think 4 stools is way too many in 7.5 feet. That is less than 2' per person. Is the bar for kids?

The stools are merely for illustration. They are moveable, you know.

2 weeks later
    #44 11 years ago

Some pics of the progress so far.

barcade1.jpgbarcade1.jpg barcade2.jpgbarcade2.jpg barcade3.jpgbarcade3.jpg barcade4.jpgbarcade4.jpg

1 week later
    #47 11 years ago

Cool bar, centerflank. Looks like you have it packed full of pinball parts though.

I was gone most of the weekend, but made some progress today. Got most of the wiring installed and insulated the top of the keg box. Also picked up another playfield for the bar top over the weekend. I'm supposed to be getting an Earthshaker playfield, so I will probably use the Mata Hari for a wall decoration or something.

SANY0043.JPGSANY0043.JPG SANY0045.JPGSANY0045.JPG SANY0047.JPGSANY0047.JPG SANY0049.JPGSANY0049.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoneFishinLvMsg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-sorta-which-bar-should-i-build-to-complement-my-game-room?tu=GoneFishinLvMsg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.