(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#595 8 years ago
    Quoted from DrEric:

Just picked up my first EM - Williams Sniper. A few kinks to work out, i.e. bent tank motor gear and sound card is not working. I am looking for help with the sound card. Speaker works, but sound system is not. Any suggestions on repair shops or common issues? I am tempted to rebuild the amp using more modern amp options.

Replace all the electrolytic caps , I had great success repairing 2 sets of boards from 2 1970 Sega Jet Rocket games
    Sounds were missing or very faint , After the work they were all more than loud enough!
    One game the cap lead / leg under the transformer was broken .
    I'd check the resistors for correct values if your working on the boards .
    good luck

008.jpg008.jpg
    001_2.jpg001_2.jpg
    New caps installed on the sound card .
    This board had been broken almost in half ,
    and had been glued back together and resoldered in the past

#596 8 years ago

Picked up this Sega "Jet Rocket 1970" , a good road trip and 700km return trip to get thses heavy beast of a game home .
    Quite a lot needed to get her running , It had all the manual and scematics inside the door , which was a bonus .
    Just the Backglass to restore now .
    Really nice effects used in these games , blacklit , rockets shoot down at Targets and flashers pulse when hit is scored , I had to use 12v Led flashers in the end , the old style globes kept blowing , The Leds look 100% better .
    A few pics Showing the moving landscape removed from from the game and one taken showing it installed back in the game 'mission completed' with the black lights on for show ...

DSCF0885.jpgDSCF0885.jpg

DSCF0893.jpgDSCF0893.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg_mod.jpgDSCF0886.jpg_mod.jpg

#597 8 years ago

A few more showing game lit up .

DSCF0900.jpgDSCF0900.jpg

DSCF0895.jpgDSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0902.jpgDSCF0902.jpg

6 months later
    #653 7 years ago

Just Picked up a Chicago Coin ( 1971) 'Defender'. 1 WW1 theme , Shoot Bi Planes out of the sky with twin handled machine gun
    Here is all the paperwork for the game.
    The machine needs a full service, clean and some minor repairs , but i managed to get it to operate , but it's still gummed up atm ,
    The game is at a fellow pinsiders atm , due to space issues!
    I will be working on this game in the morning . Hopefully i'll report back with good news.
    More pics to follow...

DSCF1480_(resized).JPGDSCF1480_(resized).JPG

defend1_(resized).jpgdefend1_(resized).jpg

$(KGrHqYOKjoE3uFdB,o-BN79ImBG6!--_3_(resized).JPG$(KGrHqYOKjoE3uFdB,o-BN79ImBG6!--_3_(resized).JPG

#655 7 years ago

Ask and you shall receive.
    Here are some more pics ,
    Worked on the game all day , Got her going again after a full service and a few minor repairs ,
    All i need now is another of the small Bi- Planes, because one of the planes is broken and has been reglued in the past , but its too brittle the plastic ,
    I will have a look for a replacement . I did notice they have Hong Kong stamped on the plastic underside.
    Very happy indeed with the game so far , All sounds working but i will replacing the caps on the sound cards when i get it home . also i'll restore and repaint the gun etc

DSCF1484_(resized).JPGDSCF1484_(resized).JPG

DSCF1485_(resized).JPGDSCF1485_(resized).JPG

DSCF1486_(resized).JPGDSCF1486_(resized).JPG

2 months later
    #681 7 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Restoring my midway gangbusters
    Missing the lens (prism) from the
    Tommy gun , any help would be appreciated

I have that game here , i could take some measurements of the lens for you if needed , have you tried johns jukes in canada, he could have some
    You could possibly try a old Lens from a set of binoculars , there should be a small second lens inside them. with a bit of grinding down it could work, or maybe even a cheap telescope might have a suitable lens ...

1 week later
    #682 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

also i'll restore and repaint the gun etc

Small update on the CC Defender Machine Gun.
    I have started to restore the gun parts , Still waiting on decals to be made for the Main body part and Drum.
    Parts were sandblasted then repainted satin black and charcoal ,
    First pic is the gun before .
    DSCF1486.jpg.1 (resized).jpgDSCF1486.jpg.1 (resized).jpg
    Last pics show the new paint job, I also re did the Red and the White tip on the barrel 'sight'
    20160913_220313 (resized).jpg20160913_220313 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1518 (resized).JPGDSCF1518 (resized).JPG

DSCF1513 (resized).JPGDSCF1513 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #688 7 years ago

Last update on the CC Defender Machine gun,
    Some pics of the finished gun .
    Gun body and drum were re painted Charcoal , But the photos make it look a bit lighter than it is ..
    I had the silver decals made for the box and drum, through a singwriter friend , He applied the decals .
    They did stuff them up and print 5 of the same side , instead of mirror image , But i had the correct one made , and ended up with spares.
    I cleared over them with a Satin Clear , 3 coats. 1st coat i did was light . Really happy with the results ...

DSCF1544 (resized).JPGDSCF1544 (resized).JPG

DSCF1538 (resized).JPGDSCF1538 (resized).JPG

DSCF1547 (resized).JPGDSCF1547 (resized).JPG

DSCF1537 (resized).JPGDSCF1537 (resized).JPG

#691 7 years ago

Thanks guys . nice comments
    I've seen so much great work on Pinside ,restoration wise i'm still amazed!
    I love seeing any EM games being rebuilt ,restored, repaired and brought back to life ...

Originally it had a clear coat over the paint and artwork and was quite a good job from factory.
    But! Paintwork had rust under the paint etc and it needed a refresh.
    The Ali handles were almost polished from years of use , I did think of just polishing them up , but trying to get it as close to original , I painted them Satin Black , along with barrel and sights .

PS
    If anyone needs the file for the graphics on the CC Defender i should be able to get hold of them for use .
    Ralph

2 months later
    #715 7 years ago
    Quoted from singlezero:

w what size rubbers are in that? i am not sure how to measure them. i do have the schematics ,

Are the rubbers listed as part no's?
    If they are , i found a list in the 1972 parts catalog
    1" 6051
    1.5" 6052
    2.5" 6053
    3'5" 6054
    3" 6056
    4" 6057
    5" 6058
    0 rubber ring 6060
    3/4" 6061
    1 1/4" 6062
    2" 6063
    rubber gromment's are 6076,6079,6080,6092
    rubber tip 6086...
    failing that you might be able to see a size on the old rubbers, use a magnifier, most have the sizes on them .

1 month later
    #745 7 years ago

Re Wild kingdom . I just finished fixing a Gangbusters that had sat for over 20 years . I haven't worked on a Wild Kingdom yet!
    so bear with me . pardon the pun .

Try Checking both limit switches on the Croc mech, use a meter on the limit switches .
    These 2 switches are NC
    Using meter again 'buzz' the make/break switches on Croc relay . I found these can be a tricky to get clean and contacting properly.

Clean the Croc target disc and the Program Unit Disc ,
    The Program disc should be on one of the score reels/or credit reel .
    If you haven't already Checked and cleaned the score reels
    Take the Backglass out , this makes checking the score reels a lot easier,
    Gently slide the reel along a few mm's and you can get to the Disc's to clean the wiper/s and disc.

Lastly, check the edge connectors, these can lose connection , Check on Motor Speed Board Pin 10/R-BLU.

Good luck MrArt2u, Its sound like a good game reading Clays write up on his site .

#747 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

I've had a hard time buzzing the make/breaks on the croc relay as they appear to buzz no matter if they're making or not. I may have to disconnect a wire or two to test properly.

That should be fine , Don't desolder . The switches sound like they are both okay on the make/brake.

Does the Croc move properly , when you hold on the Croc Relay manually?
    Double checkThe Croc Target and Hunter Discs
    Which way dose the Croc move first , left or right?

I just looked at cab pic , all the units have connectors ,
    Try wiggling the Hunter Disc and Croc Disc connectors.as it's trying to work, and even try softly pushing the arm across, Could be a dirty wiper? or the arm binding up .
    I did find on the Gangbusters it was mosty connector issues ,Esp the motor speed board .

The reels , Ease the Disc over gentle, They have a springs and clutch washers etc , so they have some give , and you could use the wire or butter knife wrapped in cotton rag and clean the face of discs , use some metho , but with the game turned off : )
    Good luck . hope you can get it working ...

#754 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

He only started "staying there" a few days ago, I must have biffed something while troubleshooting. He used to retreat just fine.

Just a question for you ,
    If Charlie makes the first shot and then continues to fire all the shots ...
    Will the Croc move correctly when Charlie hits it ?
    .IE Retreat or move to Home position ?
    good luck

RR

#755 7 years ago

Some Coil info. CC 1960's early 70's showing 2 types of Gun recoil assemblies.
    and coil Price list from the 1972 Catalog.
    CC  Gun Recoil assembly (resized).jpgCC Gun Recoil assembly (resized).jpg
    CC Gun kicker  (resized).jpgCC Gun kicker (resized).jpg
    CC Coils Prices1969 (resized).jpgCC Coils Prices1969 (resized).jpg

Williams 1963, Beat the Clock Pinball . This chart gives you a idea on sizes and uses ...
    Williams_1963_Beat_the_Clock_Coil_Chart (resized).jpgWilliams_1963_Beat_the_Clock_Coil_Chart (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #762 7 years ago
    Quoted from silverballpaul:

We have Defender at our local arcade, but the gun aim is off. It always shoots high. I know the contacts have been cleaned already. Do you have any insight as to what else might cause this? I have yet to look at it in depth for myself.

Id say the gun scanning disc needs to be adjusted , loosen the wingnuts under the gun mech , level the gun up as best you can and line the stylus point on to the rivet thats (fifth from left and centre up and down) ,
    Ill scan the full procedure from the manual if you like , It involves setting up the rear mirror and linning up certain adjustment marks etc ,
    but for now try moving the scanning disc forwards about quarter of a inch , bit by bit , good luck

#763 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

Ill scan the full procedure from the manual if you like , It involves setting up the rear mirror and linning up

scan0001 (resized).jpgscan0001 (resized).jpg

scan0002 (resized).jpgscan0002 (resized).jpg
    The last photo shows the marks i drew on the scanning disc before i pulled it apart so i could restore the gun , as you can see i had to move the scan disc forwards, so it aimed correctly.
    The procedure in the manual is a bit confusing i found , But just make sure to give Airplane Crash and score Disc, Mirror Motor Contact plate and the Hit Control Contact Plate a clean.

DSCF1671 (resized).jpgDSCF1671 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #786 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

1974 Sega Cowboy.
    This extraordinary game features highly unusual gameplay in which the player is seated behind a cowboy upon a horse, with the objective to lasso a steer. The player times his/her release of the lasso via a button on the console as the lasso twirls so that it ropes the steer's horns. Photographing the lasso is difficult so I have enhanced the colors and definition in those photos for the sake of clarity.
    Successfully landing the lasso causes the steer to realistically tumble in the dust, which awards a point. The projected 3D image is unique as is the element of timing to score points. Thundering hooves and the bull's capture are enhanced by sound effects.
    The flyer states that the cabinet's construction is a duco-formica finish, which is essentially a painted surface formica hybrid, whereas standard for Sega EM arcade games of the seventies was traditional formica. This game was a new-old-stock time capsule item which remained in its crate until 2015 when the owner took her out for a breath. I am the 2nd owner. The entire game looks new. Even the original owner's manual and score cards were intact, inside the game.

Beautiful collection you have . I assume you have restored the Duck hunt as it looks fantastic . I have a set of boards to suit this game if you need something . They are from a wrecked game
    I remember playing the rifleman . The Midway Alien game ive never heard of before looks like fun , nice pick ups ...

9 months later
    #834 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Working on a Midway Twin Pirate game, any ideas why it has the optical sensors and the stylus type targeting? This is missing both stylus units, the boards are there. It seems to work OK, probably a little harder to adjust targeting.

Doesn't this just use photo resistors? , If that is the case, it wouldn't need to be adjusted , as long as the light beam hits the sensor it should score .
    When you say the boards are there, do you mean there is boards mounted under the guns? Or do you mean the boards in the back of the cabinet,
    just wondering as I'm not familiar with this Midway game .
    I have a Midway Gangbusters and it only uses light sensors , no stylus or stylus board .

#837 6 years ago

Interesting . I wonder if the stylus system is because its a 2 player game , It may be used to see which player has made the hit first ?

3 months later
    #872 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ahh man! Picked it up!
    Guy mentioned the 8 track player works, but the tape isn’t original.
    Which screw(s) should I undo to get the gun off? It won’t fit in the elevator at work with the gun on.

The best way should be under the stock , Not exactly sure which screws but the ones near the trigger guard ,
    If you can get the stock loose , ease the wire through a little as you lift up the gun , just a few inches , careful of the 2 wires that go to the trigger switch , and then just twist the gun sideways , rest it or support it with a blanket or something .
    leave the bottom area alone if you can , so it wont all need re adjusting .

2nd idea , If your cabinet has a hinged lid and you can unplug all the wires?
    Take the hinge fixings out and remove the complete gun and lid .
    My friend has this game , I can check with him if the second idea will work ...
    good luck

#876 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Is the standard light bulb a normal (non black light) bulb? I see two t8 looking bulbs and I think those are the black lights.

Yes 2 of these standard clear 'Cab display hit light' and 'Shooting Gallery hit light' the others are the 2 black lights .
    You will need to clean the switches on the timer unit in the headbox , I found its the switches on this that cause the most troubles , and clean the rest of the steppers, reels etc ,
    My friends game is missing the original game 8 track and just has a music 8 track fitted , funky mid 70's tunes , seems the music plays a bit slow , but sounds okay .
    well done , you will love the features it has , shooting gallery , the ferris wheel has timed shots and the pogo stick man that flashes back and forth across the screen ..

#878 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ahhh, are there two 8track tapes in this game? Or did it get split by channel? The gun does the pew pew but the music is something

Just the one 8 track , The pew pew sound is from the sound board , Look up Clays repair site , he has the sounds that the original 8 track plays .
    That coil is available , They get red hot and tend to burn out . a new coil will be okay , if its just getting used at home , just make sure the slide mech is clean and moves freely

7 months later
    #931 5 years ago
    Quoted from Adrian:

Finished game thanks to BG resto used bright Leds and I'm happy with the colours. All mechs and parts where completely disassembled and cleaned, replaced caps on sound boards and just looking for a 8 track player to complete the game. Great fun game glad to have it in the collection
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You forgot to Mention that you Re-did the gun metal work paint and re oiled the wooden gun stock , Well done Adrian game looks and plays beautifully

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games?tu=ralph67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.