(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pablito350.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#938 5 years ago

Hey Everyone--

Yesterday I picked up a Monster Gun, and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do to it.
    IMG_20190308_104221_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_104221_01 (resized).jpg

As you can see the cosmetics have been bastardized so a full repaint is in order. It is however complete, and sort of works.

The first thing I'm going to do is get it functioning, and playing 100%. I haven't spent any time with diagnosing what's wrong with it yet, but so far the obvious issues are: one of the target wheel motors is inop., the trigger and recoil coil is inop., and while I hear the score motor up top turning I have no idea if it even scores at all. So I've got a lot to do, but it doesn't look like it's any harder than an EM pinball machine that I'm comfortable working on. After I get a schematic for it I'll delve into getting it working.

As for paint I have a few questions I hope you all can help me with.

Being that a full repaint is in order would it be better to repaint it exactly like it was originally or maybe tweak the original design a bit?

9577 (resized).jpg9577 (resized).jpg

I'm flip_flopping back and forth repainting it like the factory did, or changing up the colors a bit while using the original artwork. Like perhaps a black base with dark grey webbing, and using a green, baby blue, or yellow for the monsters, and the buildings.

Would I be destroying it's value by deviating from originality?

Any advice or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

-Paul

#945 5 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

oh wow that artwork!

Quoted from dudah:

I think I've seen that "monster"osity on Facebook for sale.

Yeah... it's even worse in person. Imagine puke being able to throw up all over it. Multiply it be at least 10, and that's what this looks like.

It was cheap, complete, and mostly working so that's why I got it.

Quoted from dudah:

I'm restoring mine currently. I can give you the paint codes. Maybe making stencils down the line.

I've been reading your posts on it, It's coming along nicely! As far as paint codes I've decided not to use the original colors because underneath the spattered vomit on ours the factory finish is just too destroyed to attempt any effort to preserve, or touch it up. The webbing in the original finish never looks right when reapplied, and in my opinion just makes the machine stick out like a sore thumb.

After all it's only original once, and at this point with ours originality is out the window.

Been playing around with colors a bit..
    85441s (resized).jpg85441s (resized).jpg85442s (resized).jpg85442s (resized).jpg

Might have BGResto make a new glass for it with these (or other) colors instead.
    mid_monstergun2s1 (resized).jpgmid_monstergun2s1 (resized).jpg

But all the cosmetics are all down the road after I get it working 100%.

Yesterday I got both target reel motors working, freed up the score motor, re soldered a bunch of bad/broken connections, cleaned and adjusted the stepper unit, cleaned all of the targets, and the artwork inside the cabinet, fixed and re sanded down the stock, and polished and re-blued the action and barrel of the gun. (It was a very productive day).

I still have to finish the stock with tru-oil, remount it, fix the score reels resetting upon a new game start, and just play it a bit to work out the bugs.

After all that's done I'll take everything back out to strip the cabinet bare and then repaint/reassemble.

Thanks for the offer dudah!

-Paul

#947 5 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Good work all around! I have the sides all scanned and vectorized and will gladly share the files with you!

You are my new hero! That would be great!
    Sending PM!

#948 5 years ago

Maybe something like this would be better than the puke parade we've got going on...?

A4s (resized).jpgA4s (resized).jpgB1 (resized).jpgB1 (resized).jpg
    #950 5 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

I like the monster gun logo on there!
    I was also thinking of incorporating the Midway M later used in games like Pacman thinking on the access panel on the right

I used your picture as a template for trying different colors. The monster gun logo on the top will fit on yours, but not on a stock cabinet because the monster and the building is a few inches higher on the side. I'm also going to incorporate the black band along the bottom of the cabinet.

The Midway M logo on the access plate is an awesome idea! I may put the monster gun logo on or another monster on that as well.

3 weeks later
    #954 5 years ago

Good lord man!
    Have fun with all of THAT!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pablito350.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games?tu=pablito350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.