(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 10 years ago

I love this thread! I have a Williams Bonanza and a CCM Twin Rifle. I had to fabricate parts to get both of them working. Bonanza works 100%. The Twin Rifle works except for the electronic gun sound. If anyone can send me a schematic of the sound board I would appreciate it. The Bonanza is the best gun game I have played or seen. I really enjoy it. The Twin Rifle is very fun also with 2 people but not as fun when shooting alone. The hardest part was replacing a missing gun stock on the Twin Rifle. Finding a gun stock from a real gun and doing a lot of drilling/cutting and wood filler to get the stock to work with the game was a lot of work to make sure I got all the holes right and everything perfect. The Bonanza uses a 4 track tape player instead of an 8 track player. It needed a little work to get it working but it works great. Here are the pics.

DSCN1467.JPGDSCN1467.JPG

DSCN1464.JPGDSCN1464.JPG

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Hopefully folks share repairs such as yours in the near future with some detailed pictures and information on this new thread.

I'll try and take some detailed pictures in the next couple of days of everything I did to repair my 2 gun games. Another tip that might help people - I was missing the lower horse target on my Bonanza. The game has an image of all the targets on the front of the game to show how much each one will score. So I took a picture of that image and removed all the color in a photo editor program. That way it only had the black outlines of the image. I printed it out and colored it in with florescent markers so that it would glow under the black light. Then I reversed the image and did it again. I glued the images to some poster board and tape them together and it looks great. So if your missing a target in one of your games and can't find it then get a picture of it from your game or have someone send you one and follow the above instructions. It works great and looks good.

I'll take pics of all my repairs and descriptions and post them in the next few days as it may help other people with their repairs.

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Ambush, Stockage, Haunted house, wild kingdom, twin rifle, Bonanza, Sea devil.

Great collection Ninja!

BTW... A little off topic. Has anyone ever seen a MCI Flying Ace or the smaller version MCI Ace from the early 1970's? I used to play these 2 games all the time back in the day and have been searching for one for years. I would love to buy one or if nothing else just see a video of one in action again. I think they made another version of the game called Red Baron as well.

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=arcadedb&id=95&image=3
    http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/mciace.htm

2 weeks later
    #141 10 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

How do these range in price? Are they a pain in the "arse" to maintain?

I have seen prices range from $300-$2500. But they don't come up for sale very often and the lower end priced ones are very hard to find. I would say $800-$1200 is average. They can be a pain to get working due to lack of available parts. But like an EM pinball, once you have it working it seems to run fine as long as you play it regularly. If you leave them sit then they will get gummed up again.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I know just like with pins that there is a broad price range across the board, but in general what would a generic EM gun game cost these days?

See my post 2 above yours

#171 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Mine shoots an invisible beam of light I kid but is is a head scratcher for anyone unfamiliar with these.

There were some made that shoot light beams instead of using the stylus.

#174 9 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

My son just had his 10th birthday and tonight the kids are having a sleep over.
    I feel like I have a pretty fun line up of games....F-14, Dodge City, Gigi, Pro-Football, Bullseye....but the one that got played the most (78 times so far....I keep adding 20 credits and I've done it 4 times) is my new Wild Kingdom. Great game and the kids are in line to play it! Their second pic is Bullseye...they like playing against eachother

Looks like they are having a good time! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

#193 9 years ago
    Quoted from TM462:

Anyone know which Remington .22 stock fits these games?

I used a remington 550 on my CCM Twin Rifle. It took some drilling and cutting but it works good and looks great.

1 month later
    #260 9 years ago
    Quoted from novaguy:

anyone know where I could get a gun.

I bought a CCM Twin Rifle that was missing one of the guns. I used a remington 550 gun stock to replace it. I had to do some drilling and cutting but it worked nice. Search EBAY for the remington stock but be patient. They come up for $20 or so if you wait for one.

3 months later
    #328 9 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Anyone selling? got cash

I have a Twin Rifle I put on EBay yesterday

ebay.com link: Chicago Coin Twin Rifle arcade gun game

#335 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

Can anyone point me to a website on EM gun games? I don't know anything about them and would like learn more and see how titles rank against each other, as well as approx. values.

This site will tell you a lot more about them but doesn't give values.

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/#guns

3 months later
    #439 9 years ago

I just posted this in another EM gun game thread thinking it was this thread. So I'm going to double post. I have a pretty rare MCI Blue Max from 1971. It wasn't working at all when I got it. After a lot of work I have it working about 80% now. Here are some pics.

DSCN2395.JPGDSCN2395.JPG
    flyer.jpgflyer.jpg
    DSCN2283.JPGDSCN2283.JPG
    DSCN2299.JPGDSCN2299.JPG
    DSCN2301.JPGDSCN2301.JPG
    DSCN2302.JPGDSCN2302.JPG

5 months later
    #540 8 years ago

Just picked this up last week... MCI Ace.

photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG

photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG

#542 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Nice. Was that the one in MI?

Yep. That is the one. It's in great condition.

2 weeks later
    #559 8 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

Here's my 1970 Kasco Air Fighter. It was about to be taken to the local dump. It was in pieces and had all the wiring cut Luckily the glass pieces and all the major bits were intact...I managed to get it all back together but haven't fixed all the wiring or worked out where everything goes yet. Might be missing one support piece from the lower tray but otherwise is complete.

Cool looking game. I've never heard of it before. I'm glad you saved it from the dump. Hope you get it working. Be sure to post a video of it if you do. I would love to see it in operation.

2 weeks later
    #564 8 years ago
    Quoted from taper:

I recently bought a Williams Bonanza rifle game here in Sweden.

Good save. I have one and I think it is one of the better gun games. I've played quite a few and owned a few of them and this one is one of the best I've seen/played. I'll try and answer some of your questions off the top of my head.

Quoted from taper:

Perhaps a spring or something that gives tension and pulls it back into no-fire position?

I'm pretty sure there is a spring in there. I'll take mine apart and let you know for sure and take some pics.

Quoted from taper:

Red lightbulb does not flash. The lightbulb is OK, so must be something else being wrong.I'm not sure when it should flash either. Every time you shoot, or when you hit the mine, or...?

This only flashes when the dynamite in the mine is lit and you hit it.

Quoted from taper:

how do I remove the back-glass...?

If I remember right you have to open the back panel and there are some latches that keep it in place. I will verify later and let you know.

If you have any questions I will be glad to help but I can be a little slow to respond. I am pretty busy with work and home and just don't have a lot of spare time right now. But I will do my best to help. Congrats on the find. Once you get it working I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

1 week later
    #566 8 years ago
    Quoted from taper:

how do I remove the back-glass...?

Sorry it took so long to get back on this. There are 2 levers in the back of the game on the ceiling. Pull the 2 levers back and you will be able to remove the back glass.

Pic of one of the levers.
    DSCN2467.JPGDSCN2467.JPG

#569 8 years ago
    Quoted from rocomat:

But the Instruction manual is missing. Someone can make a scan?
    I have schematics for the game and the Muntz Stereo 4 track player if needed.

I don't believe there is an instruction manual. There is only schematics. Companies didn't start making instruction manuals for arcade games until they started going solid state.

#571 8 years ago

I believe there is actually a manual to this game. All the similar era games do have manuals like ambush, sniper, phantom.

Boy am I stupid. Your right. I checked and I even have the manual. I'll scan it in for anyone that needs one.

#574 8 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

I'll scan it in for anyone that needs one

Here is the link for the Bonanza Instruction Manual

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10831

#575 8 years ago

Oh I and I forgot to add these ones (not picked up this weekend but picked up very recently)

Very nice gun games!

6 months later
    #626 8 years ago

Got my MCI Blue Max from 1971 working over the weekend. Here is a video of it playing. The camera kept picking up a white light on the screen that you don't see when playing the game. So it is a little hard to see the planes.

#627 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Just got this one up and running I had been looking for years for one within pickup range

Looks like a fun game. Congrats on getting it.

#629 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

So cool! How hard was it to get up and running? I know of a Red Baron sitting in a whse not too far from me I was reluctant to pull the trigger since I have never messed with one.

It wasn't too hard but I wasn't able to do some stuff I would like to do. It has a disk with the plane images on it and it is in bad shape. Also the lenses are in bad shape. I got them looking as best I could but you see a lot of spots on the screen that don't show in the video because I wasn't able to get the disk and lenses in the best of shape and can't find replacements. But the rest wasn't bad to get running. I just bought an MCI Flying Ace which is what I have always wanted instead of the Blue Max. It is a much bigger version of the same game. I pick it up in 2 weeks. Once I get it running I'll be selling the Blue Max. I never thought I'd be able to find a Flying Ace. It is my grail game. But I don't want to get rid of the Blue Max unless I'm sure I can get the Flying Ace running. But I would suggest getting the Red Baron if its available. If you know how to fix EM games you shouldn't have too much of an issue getting it running and I would be glad to help with any questions. Just make sure the disk and lenses are usable. The rest can be fixed without too much trouble. And I saw a thread where a killer shark game is being restored that is very similar to this game and that guy remade the disk for the shark game. I just don't have the tools or talent to do that.

10 months later
    #717 7 years ago

A video of my MCI Flying Ace

3 months later
    #770 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I remember as a kid winning the token.

I used to have a ton of them from playing it as a kid. I played it about every day. I wish I still had them all. But I did get about 10 of them from Ebay for my game. Flippers.com has them as well for sale. I think I'll pick up a few more from them.

#771 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhackd:

I didnt see the "Top Gun" Midway 1976, I just picked up one that was going to be thrown away.

It was missing the speed motor (ebay find), and replaced the fuse block & power cord.

Fired it up, and was working.. Now the hologram motor & gear is gone..

Its a fun game, if anyone has one PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. Im looking to get the glass remade..

Great save! Good luck with the restore.

3 months later
    #796 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

As a follow-up to post #792 above, I am excited to post here about my Kasco STAR V electromechanical arcade game, which is now set up. This video is primarily dedicated to the internal mechanisms during gameplay. In the future, I shall post a good video demonstrating the gameplay.
    » YouTube video

That is very cool!

2 years later
    #1043 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-up:

I'm actually in need of 2 coils for some of those Davy Crockett rifle games I'm getting up and running. The coil is used for the gun recoil effect. These coils have 2 numbers. One is a stock number of 05-2312, the other is a reference number of J-501. They may be identified either way. If anyone has one, or two, I'd be happy to purchase!

Check pinball resource pbresource.com. Be sure to contact them and not just check their web site. They have an inventory that is much larger than what is listed on the web.

5 months later
    #1100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

Question for you "GUN" guys - on my Midway's Flying Carpet - after a game, a relay buzzes in the back (Stuck on) until I either hit the replay button, or turn her off. (Id rather leave her on with her lights all on, ready for the next game). I'll try to get a photo and name of the relay if possible in a bit - it's on the upper rotating bar with the score reels, but on the other end of the bar - close to the credit reel..if that helps?

Edit: I thought you said coil. But you said relay. Removing my recommendation.

#1104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

NO, that was my ignorance. My bad. Both noise issues found are actually coils.
    1) The Control Unit - it stays activated (pulled in) so it's not against the wheel. Is that normal? I can hold the metal plate back a bit and the noise goes away. But let go and it's a hummmmm. Is the coil supposed to stay locked on after a game?
    2) Next one was the coil driving the tape mechanism. (or engages the actual tape) It seems to run / stay pulled in - all the time. Changing tracks when applicable. (My board inside this is needing work, but hopefully fixable later on) If I unplug the large white connector on top - I lose my gun altogether. So until I can get the small circuit board inside repaired, I've just cut one leg on this coil. Will def try to get the sounds back asap![quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not familiar with that game so can't tell you what is normal. But to stop the noise, for the control unit there should be a spring that will cause the plate to move when the coil is turned off. Try adjusting the spring so it is not putting as much pressure on the plate to move back into position. Just don't adjust it too much that it won't go back. For the coil in the 2nd pic, replace the coil sleeve and the coil stop and that should stop the noise in that one.

3 months later
    #1148 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

These EM gun games are so frickin cool! Where's the best place to find restored examples? Are they pretty reliable once they've been properly gone through? I know almost nothing about these.

I'm not sure where to find restored examples. But as far as reliability they are just like an EM pinball machine. They work better when you play them more often. Leave them sit for a long time and you tend to get problems from things gumming up.

1 month later
    #1167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jets_1479:

Picked up a rough shape cc rifle gallery. Been restoring it since December. Was missing the entire gun top assembly. Damn near completed. [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What did you use to clean up the scenery? That turned out great.

10 months later
    #1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Can anyone direct where to get schematics for these games to fix them. Have newly acquired Chicago Coin Rifle Gallery and Chicago Coin Commando (1973 version), and they need some tweaks to be fully working. Happy to pay for them or even just contact info as to who might have them. Thanks.

I've had good luck getting them from pinball resource. If you don't see them on their website email them. They have a much bigger inventory than what they put on line.

1 month later
    #1208 2 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Does anyone own this game? Is there a list of gun game owners on the internet?

KLOV has a list of owners for gun games. I think you have to be a member to see the list.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games?tu=kguenther6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.