(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1047 4 years ago

My Apollo Moon Shot was missing the ricochet sound board, so I talked with Zitt, and he let me do a small run of 5 built boards using all his board data. I only need one and he said it's ok to sell the other 4, so I just put them into the website for sale. I really don't have much info on what/where these boards work, but Zitt's info says they work in Coney Island and Shoot Out for sure. I believe they are correct for Apollo Moon Shot, but I won't know 100% until I get some schematics for the game.

I've also got one bare board, no parts, that I'd part with for $20 shipped.

https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=88&controller=product&id_lang=1
    rifle (resized).JPGrifle (resized).JPG

#1050 3 years ago

My game was missing this board, so I built new ones using the design that Zitt did a few years ago.

Unfortunately I don't know how to hook it up in my game yet. The board and wiring were all ripped out so I can't figure out where I need to connect anything to. Any chance you have a schematic? Will be a while until the copy that I ordered will get shipped due to the virus.

-Hans

#1066 3 years ago

Well, crap, you're right about Apollo Moon Shot. I went through all that to build up these ricochet sound boards, and looking at the flyer it has those 'Space Sounds' you describe. The few pictures I can find of other machines only show the one sound board.

I should have waited until I got hold of that schematic set.

I'll have to look for some videos that have the sound in it. Maybe I can handle it with a square wave generator or something.

Guess that also means I have 5 ricochet sound boards to sell instead of 4.

-Hans

#1071 3 years ago

Would definitely help, so I can figure out what goes where. All the videos I find don’t have the sound present

#1075 3 years ago

Wow, you're right, that's REALLY basic. Pardon me while I pick my jaw off the floor. It's just a tone generator and that's it. It does look like something also triggered it at some point, otherwise it would be a steady tone, but crap that's stupid simple.

I wish I had my game schematics already, but unfortunately I got sent the ones for the Moon Shot pinball, and not Apollo Moon Shot Rifle.

Edit:

After spending half the afternoon cleaning up some wiring things on the Apollo, I decided it's really just time to move on. As good as I am with solid state stuff, I just don't enjoy working on EM equipment at all and mine isn't the right home for this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/89549

1 week later
    #1076 3 years ago

I think my missed shot unit needs some attention. Just found this yesterday while tinkering.

I think this may be part of that beeping sound system? Because it counts the missed shots just fine, and could be why the sound board was originally removed.

98194BEA-680D-4299-97B0-7FD0F5ED60D2 (resized).jpeg98194BEA-680D-4299-97B0-7FD0F5ED60D2 (resized).jpeg

#1078 3 years ago

You've got schematics? Soooo jealous! Been trying to order some for a while from Mike Paczak and it got mixed up and I got the "Moon Shot" pinball schematics instead. Still trying to sort that out. I can't remember whom has what, do you still have the game and schematics? I'm also trying to piece together my 1,000's score reel. It's there but the wiring is all screwy.

From what I gather off those schematics, any time the game is running it makes the beeping sound? If that's the case I may be able to handle this all via a different method. I'll have to figure out which unit is the "miss shot disc" and which one is the "target animation unit" to figure out what is really missing. I could potentially handle it all with an arduino. From what I gather, any time the game is running it makes the beeping sound?

If you want, maybe e-mail the video to me? [email protected]

Thinking back when it was still registering hits, I did see the flashing star come and go, so I think that the "Miss Shot Unit" is fine. It's the "Target Animation Unit" that's all busted up. Which looks like all that controlled was the timing and rate of the beep.

-Hans

#1080 3 years ago

Starting to make a lot more sense now that I have that chunk of the schematics. The target animation unit, which I do have intact, turns the beeping noise on and off to match the ship movement. That mechanism is intact other than the missing sound board, which I can figure out now based on your schematic.

The miss-shot disc, which I do NOT have, is what makes the start lamp blink. I might be able to recreate the rest of that disc, I'd just need a motor and the other half of it which might be trickier. Might be able to build something that does an equivalent task with a small arduino and opto-isolator. Actually looks to be a fun challenge!

-Hans

#1083 3 years ago

I'll be damned, a very nice backglass popped up on e-bay this morning. Very tempted. I did send a message to the seller to see if they have any other parts available.

-Hans

#1084 3 years ago

Unfortunately, the video never arrived in my e-mail, probably too big of a file size.

I have found a few more bits of info that will help me sort out my missing pieces, and I think I'm going to keep tinkering with this one and not sell it right now, so I pulled my ads down.

The sound board is just a 60hz tone generator I think, which I can very easily replicate via other methods now that I know how it works from your photos. Same with the start lamp blinker, I can also recreate that with an arduino. I got a good photo of the original miss-shot unit so I can even re-create the original blink pattern without trouble. It won't be a priority project but I can definitely get moving on it again.

-Hans

#1085 3 years ago

More fun with the Apollo yesterday. I pulled out the target unit and cleaned up all the drop targets, since a couple of them were sticky and the whole thing was just grimy. Shows up a LOT brighter under blacklight now and all the targets drop properly. I did find a couple more solder joints to repair that I'll get to next time I'm working on it.

The Miss Shot unit.... what an evil evil contraption that thing is on this game. It inserts forced misses into the game by interrupting the hit shot circuit, and has an option to either always hit, or miss approximately 5% or 10% of the time. The blinking star light just piggy-backs onto the mechanism but the primary function is that missed shot chance. It's another sequence I'll be able to duplicate with an arduino but I'm not sure if I want that function or not.

I also should have my full schematic set arriving this week. Got that all sorted out with Mike and that'll help me significantly to get this game going again. The more I just get in there and work on things is the more I'm starting to finally wrap my head around EM game logic.

-Hans

2 weeks later
    #1087 3 years ago

Got my schematics today, and also located the missing bracket for the coin door switch. Finally found the problem with the running score motor, and it's pretty much working now. Only getting 9 shots and not 10, so I have to look into what's up with the shot counter. I also have to align the scan disc for the rifle, but I can at least play a full game for the most part.

-Hans

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games?tu=hhaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.