(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 9 years ago

I have a Midway Wild Kingdom I would consider parting with for $650 which is what I paid for it. Fully working. Just needs some cleanup. 8 Track works well.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
    #89 9 years ago

Ok, this game is a family favorite and won't be going anywhere.

Got a couple of interested people in the Wild Kingdom from here on Pinside.

games 001.jpggames 001.jpg
    #91 9 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Midway was a leader in these types of games that's for sure!
    Here's a pretty comprehensive video from a gent 'down under' who did a nice restoration and explanation of how the game works-
    » YouTube video

This video helped me get the game adjusted. Excellent piece.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

I think one reason these rifle games are so popular is that they often used real rifle stocks...I believe
    many used Remington's..I always felt I was shooting a "real" rifle when I played these games..The weight
    and balance of the guns "felt" real... I just wonder if I owned one would It have lastability due to the fact that
    the game is "fixed"; that is unlike pinball where every game is different these games are not.

You are correct. They used stocks and other parts from Remington 22 rifles.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

What are the most wanted EM gun Games?

Haunted House has always been the hot one from what I can remember.

3 years later
    #772 6 years ago

Well, after a couple of nights of working on it, I finally got my 1968 Williams Aqua gun shooting and scoring.

Remaining items:

1. Repair sound board (going to try re-capping it first)
    2. Create and install the missing center flying fish target
    3. Install the repro instruction card I created the other night (if anyone needs one, PM me)

Video below:

IMG_3995 (resized).JPGIMG_3995 (resized).JPG

8 months later
    #817 6 years ago
    Quoted from ronsplooter:

I'm on the hunt for my first EM rifle game if anyone has anything they'd be willing to part with? Top of my list is a Wild Kingdom but interested in anything really as being in the UK there's very little over here to be picky about. Let me know what you've got

Its been said her before, whatever you get, make sure it is complete. Parts for these games can be quite sparse.

Wild Kingdom is a great game especially if it has the original 8-track player and tape. The one thing about Midway gun games is that they have a constantly running score motor which can be troublesome so make sure that if you find one, it is complete if needing repair. I do feel that Midway has the best themed games out there with Haunted House being the grail.

I personally think that the Williams gun games are the easiest to work on and keep running since they use many of the same parts as pinball machines from the same era. I currently have an Aqua Gun which had a busted count down timer. Fixing it was a breeze as it used the same relays and coils as a pin.

PM me if you have more questions. I have three shooting games.

2 months later
    #827 6 years ago

Here is a quick video of my Williams Aqua Gun. I had to re-create the center flying fish target as it was completely missing. I also re-capped the sound card and you can hear it when a couple of the shark drop targets are hit.

The game has three levels of targets. The three rotating flying fish on the bottom, the five shark drop targets in the middle that appear in three configurations, and the sea monster on the top that reverses direction when it.

#831 6 years ago

Video of my Chicago Coin Apollo Moon Shot. I just rebuilt the main mechanism. The sound card is out of commission.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games?tu=gearheaddropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.