(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,145 posts
  • 205 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by cad-kid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 796 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12AD66F6-CC45-4C80-ADDA-531A0172322D (resized).jpeg
    7EFB8710-98D9-46E3-9B9C-5FD6079163BA (resized).jpeg
    C7F9201A-6A95-4773-960D-55FB4495D289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    15B6E563-5C74-403B-BB16-736339B891C3 (resized).jpeg
    3E758D74-46FE-420E-A4F7-2842C26E2BAA (resized).jpeg
    1D6281A6-DE89-4FF6-862C-3B4D99BC854A (resized).jpeg
    A58E4855-33C6-42DE-9855-75E8E433AB28 (resized).jpeg
    132C860B-028C-4E5F-B3A3-B852E9BCB275 (resized).jpeg
    0C4EA7BA-4FE4-484C-80CB-03BDDCBBE137 (resized).jpeg
    07CCB4B0-9EC9-4591-8273-D51E03BF3666 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edward472.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#974 1 year ago

I'm trying to buy my first EM. Quick question for you guys, I'm going to go look at a Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery. Anything specific I should look for? What kind of price range am I looking at for an unrestored machine?

#976 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Check all the mechanics. Pop off the front door and check the compressor and ball launch mechanism. Test it and check scoring. The tube going to the gun tends to fall apart over time, inspect it. Ensure the targets all move smoothly.
    I've never seen these for sale before in the collector realm (searched here, RGP, etc.), so have no basis of what they go for.
    That being said, working complete and with average cosmetics not falling apart I'd guess around $2k.
    Restored ones go for $6-8k (per Torrance auctions). I heard there was one at the Chicago coinop show last year that sold for $6k before the show even opened.

Thanks. Didn't think about checking the tube. Good suggestion. I couldn't find a lot of previous sales of one, so I appreciate everyone everyone's comments.

#980 1 year ago

For those curious, I wound up picking up the machine yesterday. 7 hour round trip and 97 degress outside. The guy I bought it from was really nice. He buys, restores, and collects arcade games. He'd bought it at an auction many years ago. He put it in storage with the thought of restoring it but never got around to it. He's downsizing his project games, and he said he just wasn't interested in EM games. He didn't have the keys to the back, but did have them for the front. He said he never had a problem with it so he never needed to open the back. I drilled the locks on the back hoping for a clown, but no luck. I did however find the original instructions and an envelope containing NOS cards

The good:
    It does work.
    It's complete minus the coin box and clown.
    Someone painted the entire outside white, but after looking at it last night the original paint is still under there.
    The gun handles are there and in good condition.
    About 15-20 balls inside.
    Backglass is nice.

The bad:
    The star globes don't light up and the star platters don't turn.
    No clown or coin box.
    It has trouble starting a game.The tens reel on the score repeatedly spins when you start the game. It eventually stops but not on 0. The lights behind the numbers for how many shots you fired sporadically light up during this sequence also. Once it settles down, it starts a game.
    One of the star platters has a piece missing.
    A couple of small chunks of cabinet are missing.
    Scratches on the back under the clown face. Probably from a misaligned star drop.

If anyone has a coin box, platter, or clown. Shoot me a PM.

65264826_740004953081780_5052946805185052672_n (resized).jpg65010886_2629552833741218_2968557772951519232_n (resized).jpg20190623_205153 (resized).jpg64404245_2629074723789029_5426632805595480064_n (resized).jpg64725523_612672659214672_3265655426913402880_n (resized).jpg20190623_205117 (resized).jpg20190623_211947 (resized).jpg20190623_212014 (resized).jpg
    #982 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I'd say you made a good move picking up the machine..
    Because I have quite a few, I'd probably trade a restored (front to tail)
    1957 ball bowler for it if you may have interest in that. The bowler
    looks and plays like new..

I'd love a ball bowler, but I have absolutely no room for one. If I do decide to let it go (and find some room for a bowler), I might take you up on the offer. I saw some pictures and a video of the one you restored. It looks great. Can I ask how you did the background behind the spinning stars? Did you print it on something and then put it behind plexi?

#985 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yes, my Graphic Designer put it on clear vinyl in reverse (so when turned around and applying to the glass it's
    accurate), then white vinyl, then the gray blocker..
    I know I had pics of the Deluxe, but I don't remember video. Maybe video of the Midway Rifle Gallery..
    Are there problems with the background areas of your machine?

Maybe it changed hands alot, but this looked just like yours down to the clown

There isn't a problem with the background. The area below the clown face is scratched up from what looks like the star drop on the wheel making contact. And the eye on the clown is torn. I'd like to replace it or at least flatten it out and maybe put some plexI in front to stop the damage from getting worse

#986 1 year ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

The clown Target is always missing because the rubber has rotted. Someone made reproduction version with 3D printer can't remember who it was now but if you search around, look for another thread on Deluxe shooting gallery.

Thanks I found him on Facebook and sent him a message

#987 1 year ago

Quick question, how would I go about testing the motor on the spinning plates? It looks like it's in good condition, but the plates aren't spinning. Do I just need to check to voltage across the coil and if the voltage is good then the motor is bad?

#989 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yes, the Clown makes it a sure thing. That's the one I restored. It's one machine that I probably
    should have hung onto..
    On the Spinning Motors, checking for voltage (50V I believe) would be the way to go. My guess
    would be you'll find no voltage. I'm thinking the motors are okay. I don't have a schematic, but
    if you find that the motors are not getting voltage, it may be a set of contacts in the Game Over
    Relay..

I thought that was yours in the video. Thanks for the advice. I'll check it when I get home.

1 week later
    #994 1 year ago
    Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Finally managed to pick up one that I had been looking forward to for a while. She needs a bit of work (don't they all?) but should be a great game afterwards! Should look good lined right up next to the "Fun Land"!
    And whenever I find most of the original docs still in the unit, it's a great feeling! Original 'blueprint' schematic as well![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you don't have them, there are a couple of rifle stocks in the marketplace

1 month later
    #1005 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Where do you guys find these weirdo EM games for sale? Are there forums that I can't seem to find?

Mostly Facebook. The problem is they are usually listed with weird names like "vintage arcade machine" or mostly recently I saw one that said "my collection"....

1 month later
    #1027 1 year ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m really wanting to get in this club again! Anyone have or no where I could grab an EM gun game project somewhere in Missouri or a few hours outside?
    Please help!!

I'm not anywhere near Missouri, but I'm about to put this project up for sale hopefully in the next week
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-deluxe-shooting-gallery-restore

6 months later
    #1059 9 months ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

Thanks. Mine doesn’t have the fold down steps inside (didn’t even know some had those). So we have the little step stool for the little ones.

Don't feel bad. I've only ever seen 2 with the fold down steps. There are dimension drawings floating around if you ever wanted to make your own.

#1062 9 months ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

good evening..we moved 10 months ago in hopes of building a bigger and better arcade..tired of waiting and decided to un pack some of the arcades and gun games as some have been wrapped for almost a year..ran a 200ft power cord from the house to the shop with no power so i could live again..got both of these gun arcades shortly before we moved..the 1959 bally moon raider is my favorite EM gun game and i feel lucky and blessed to get this from a very good friend after seeing it years ago in his personal warehouse..i feel good just looking at this gun!..i fixed a few things,patched up some mouse bit artwork and finished off by redoing the machine gun as it was a bit messed up.cabinet is much to nice to redo...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful. I've only seen 1 other one and it was completely trashed.

4 months later
    #1091 4 months ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Curious does anyone have an EM rifle game for sale (in working condition) or know of a person who restores them for clients? I'm trying to get one for my dad as he regrets selling our Midway Gangbusters a few years ago.

If you are on FB, there is a group called EM Rifle Arcade Game Enthusiast. They might have what you are looking for

3 weeks later
    #1095 4 months ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

What's a price check on a working Williams Sniper? Are parts hard/easy to come by? I know nothing about these EM rifle games, but I own/am familiar with EM pinball. Would love to get an opportunity to own a rifle game if it's not a bear to own.

$500 ish. It's not a bear to own, but it is a bear to move. Only part that is very hard to come by is the rifle mount that attaches the gun stock to the machine.

1 month later
    #1113 82 days ago
    Quoted from firefighter:

Just picked up Rifle Champ and it plays great! I rifled through the 23 pages and no one has posted anything on this game. So here’s a few pictures and if anyone has any more information and where to find parts that would be appreciated!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What parts are you needing?

#1115 82 days ago
    Quoted from firefighter:

Don't need any parts right now but anything made by man is bound to fail at sometime and I like to know ahead of time what resources are out there.

https://www.flippers.com/ has a good amount of Midway parts

3 weeks later
    #1125 58 days ago
    Quoted from TheCollector:

Heres a shot of my up and coming game room, all electro mechanical. I am on the hunt for a Kasco Star V if anyone knows of one. Thanks!
    List of games in the picture:
    Midway Whirly Bird
    Williams Stockade
    Williams Ambush
    Midway Gangbusters
    Midway Stunt Pilot
    Midway Sea Raider
    Williams Mini Golf
    Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery
    Genco Shuffle Pool
    Not in pic:
    Sega Jet Rocket
    Midway Panzer attack
    CC Speedway
    CC Motorcycle
    CC Ball Bowler
    [quoted image]

Very nice lineup. What kind of condition is your clown and discs in the shooting gallery? Did you just put in a blue light bulb in the front?

#1130 58 days ago

Thanks for your interest, the clown is not original but in great shape as a close friend of mine made me two a few years ago. My discs are in good shape and are original. I wouldn’t mind having some spares though as they sure do take a beating lol. There is not a blue light in the front but it is a LED bulb. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ah. Ok. It just looked blue. Your discs are in great shape. I sold mine, but I'm restoring a Midway Rifle Gallery to take it's place

#1132 58 days ago

Thats an awesome game! I think the rifle gallery is very cool and unique. I have never seen one for sale but maybe one day. Lol
    Any pics of the restore?

Yes sir. Right here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-rife-gallery-restore-previous-rat-mansion-

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 269.00
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    £ 34.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 2.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edward472.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside