(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 206 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 800 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_728007668119891 (resized).jpeg
    canon26012021 002 (resized).JPG
    canon26012021 001 (resized).JPG
    canon25012021 002 (resized).JPG
    12AD66F6-CC45-4C80-ADDA-531A0172322D (resized).jpeg
    7EFB8710-98D9-46E3-9B9C-5FD6079163BA (resized).jpeg
    C7F9201A-6A95-4773-960D-55FB4495D289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    15B6E563-5C74-403B-BB16-736339B891C3 (resized).jpeg
    3E758D74-46FE-420E-A4F7-2842C26E2BAA (resized).jpeg
    1D6281A6-DE89-4FF6-862C-3B4D99BC854A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#662 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I finished my 1957 Williams Cross Fire gun game.

Beautiful work! Did you replace all the relays with modern ones? Never seen that before.

1 year later
    #813 3 years ago

I find these all so cool. The variety in themes is so huge!
    I have memories of these from my childhood at Gameland in Lake Geneva.
    Can't wait to find one, restore it and get it running perfect!
    I feel like project games used to come up all the time on Craigslist just a couple years ago. Not so much these days.

6 months later
    #846 2 years ago

Picked up this guy recently. After playing in the back it seems to be pretty functional. Need to cleanup the stepper units but should hopefully be easy to get to 100%! In good shape for it's age. I was thinking of repainting it but the aged look is also pretty sweet.

IMG_20180515_205447 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #862 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Someone I know just called and said they have an old gun game they want to have me come buy/get. He bought it years ago, so it must of worked at some point and has been in a house since.
    Is there an average value on a non rare/grail game?
    What is the best way to move one? Upright in a truck or can I lay it flat in my Jeep or trailer?
    Do these weigh more than a pinball? I just hear they are heavy!

300 lbs is about right. I (barely) fit a Midway Captain Kidd laying on its side in my girlfriend's 2017 Jeep Renegade. Definitely take the rifle off. I'd leave the backglass in unless it's very easy to pop out.
    That being said, a lot of the Chicago Coin and other rifle games look like they get BIG. Ask for some pictures and assess from there.
    For cost $200-400 is about right for a project in my opinion.
    Be sure you get all the parts he has, parts for these games are extremely difficult if not impossible to find.

#875 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Thanks guys! Just got done getting it upstairs. The lid for the gun has wing nuts and carriage bolts. I got those out, unplugged and it came off easy peasy.
    Game comes up, resets but no targets come up. Gun fires and makes the pew pew noise, but I’ll have to clean up the relay/switches just like an em pin I bet. One black light tube is out.
    Is the standard light bulb a normal (non black light) bulb? I see two t8 looking bulbs and I think those are the black lights.
    Cab has no keys so I’ll have to drill the locks on the back and kick panel. Coin door was already drilled.

Great looking game! The artwork seems to be in great shape. I love the cigarette holders! How heavy was that thing?! That dolly doesn't look like it could handle that cab!

8 months later
    #944 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Hey Everyone--
    Yesterday I picked up a Monster Gun, and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do to it.

I think I've seen that "monster"osity on Facebook for sale.
    I'm restoring mine currently. I can give you the paint codes. Maybe making stencils down the line.

#946 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Yeah... it's even worse in person.
    -Paul

Good work all around!
    You seem to be pretty tech savvy - I have the sides all scanned and vectorized and will gladly share the files with you!

#949 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Maybe something like this would be better than the puke parade we've got going on...?

I like the monster gun logo on there!
    I was also thinking of incorporating the Midway M later used in games like Pacman thinking on the access panel on the right

3 months later
    #975 1 year ago
    Quoted from edward472:

I'm trying to buy my first EM. Quick question for you guys, I'm going to go look at a Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery. Anything specific I should look for? What kind of price range am I looking at for an unrestored machine?

Check all the mechanics. Pop off the front door and check the compressor and ball launch mechanism. Test it and check scoring. The tube going to the gun tends to fall apart over time, inspect it. Ensure the targets all move smoothly.

I've never seen these for sale before in the collector realm (searched here, RGP, etc.), so have no basis of what they go for.
    That being said, working complete and with average cosmetics not falling apart I'd guess around $2k.
    Restored ones go for $6-8k (per Torrance auctions). I heard there was one at the Chicago coinop show last year that sold for $6k before the show even opened.

1 month later
    #1002 1 year ago

Where do you guys find these weirdo EM games for sale? Are there forums that I can't seem to find?

1 year later
    #1101 3 months ago

Picked up this project today. Need scans for the lower glass if anyone has one. It's missing the torpedo motor so I'll be whipping up a DIY replacement.

1 month later
    #1117 84 days ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Does anyone have any recommendations for 6x9 speakers for a EM Gun Game?

Are the originals 6x9? If not you'll likely need an amp. Make sure the impedance matches.

1 month later
    #1141 34 days ago

Can someone please post a similar photo of their Midway Sea Raider? I have this stray wire I don't know where it goes. It's either white grey or yellow...
    There's some solder residue on the female connector at the bottom left so guessing it's that.

Also, the bottom right pin on the female is that red one, but my sound board connector doesn't have the pin populated.

#1143 34 days ago

Thank you kindly! It's coming off of the factory loom. Mine is an early run (#258) and the service bulletin called for updating some wiring for some sound stuff, not sure if that applies here.

Here's a better picture of my connector, that mysterious red wire! I'll dig through the schematic and see what I can find. Thank you!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 6.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 124.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.90
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.50
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside