(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am of the opinion that anyone who owns more than 3 EM pins should make room for at least 1 EM and/or Mechanical Gun Game in their collection. To me this really enhances the whole arcade experience plus they are a nice break in between drinking a cold one and slinging the silver ball around. I have Lots of good memories of these games as a kid as I am sure many of you do as well.

I just love the Artwork on a lot of these gun games almost as much as pinball machines from the Cabinet, to the Backglass, and last but not least the Dioramas inside.

I have heard from other folks of stories about guests that come over to parties flocking to these things, men, women, and children as there seems to be some sort of natural attraction when folks see a gun (or 2) on a big wooden box, and they say "gee...what's this?" then they play, then they are hooked.

I started this thread in hopes that Pinsiders will share some pictures, stories, and repair information about these wonderful toys.

There is not that much repair information available for these and no readily available website like IPDB to compare pictures to and get information, so this thread will hopefully enlighten all of us in some way.

Check out these other cool topics when you get a chance as well:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom

Also if you want to learn a few tricks and tips on how to repair or modify your gun game, check out my thread on a restoration /modification of a 1969 Williams Phantom Gun:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1969-williams-phantom-gun-restorationmodifications#post-2073351

Note: I added EM Submarine games to this thread as well because it seems like there were so few different models made mostly by Midway that it would not make sense to start another thread for those alone. These are very cool in their own right and need some Pinside TLC as well.

Want to sell, buy, or trade? Need advice or information? Post it here

Well, what are you waiting for?

Lets see them!

Ken

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Id post a pic of the inside but its currently covered in rat shit.

Oh Boy! I see another Rats Nest Story from Jeff. Maybe a movie? Coming to a theater near you!

Rats Nest II - The Vanguard!

Ken

#5 10 years ago

Turns out I got a new (1st) gun game. Very excited about it as I plan to customize it a bit. Unfortunately I will not be able to play or work on it until later this year until after we move. Here is a video of a game "like" mine in action:

Not sure if the Cabinet paint is original as it is has different colors compared to the flyer and pictures of other ones, but actually looks better with the red color added instead of the Teal Blue IMO. I'm pretty sure at this point that the Cabinet is a repaint but pretty close to the original as far as the pattern anyway although it looks like they added a bat where the start button is . Also I'm pretty sure the game is not working 100%, but is mainly working as the Monster is not turning around once shot and running in the opposite direction each time he is hit.

I think the Midway Haunted House is the Best for that theme/play/sound and wanted that but they go for twice the amount in the same condition of what I bought this for. I went for Williams too for the dependability and maintenance factor as well seeing Midway uses the crappy motorized Score Wheels which are the worst to service along with Chicago Coins crappy Score Wheels that always break and cannot be repaired, only replaced so because of this I will only buy Williams Gun games.

Phantom is the BEST IMO for a "Williams" spooky theme but has the WORST electronic sound board I ever heard, and this is where the Midway Haunted House kicks ass with the call outs and background sound from their 8-track tape. I will replace my Sound Board down the road with an actual Williams (pinball) 3 Bar Chime box I have along with a 3" Bell to register all 4 scores with different tones. Too cool right?

But wait that not all! I will also install a cassette recorder with the actual Midway Haunted House background sounds as Williams never had any for this game! Sample here:

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/haunted1.mp3

I also plan to replace all the black light Back drops except for the actual back one with the Haunted House and create custom 3D ones instead of the original 2D. My plan is to have the inside diorama look as good, if not the best compared to Midways version. The spookier the better!

I will repaint the Cabinet gloss black around the Head just like Midways HH as well, but will do some serious paint touch-ups too. This Cabinet will really POP when done. No total repaint needed either yahoo!

Looking to replace the Monster target with one that looks a real monster like the Midway HH version as well.

Everything I plan to do is easy as pie to put back to original down the road should a new buyer want it that way as I will keep all the original parts, but I really do not know why they would.....ever.

Down the road I will get a new Backglass from bgresto,com as well.

A very fun and cool project once done that should make Williams Phantom a scary experience for those who wish to hunt for ghosts and monsters in a haunted house!

Ken

#6 10 years ago

Here are some pictures with the machine off:

Ken

front 1.jpgfront 1.jpg Front 2.jpgFront 2.jpg Front 3.jpgFront 3.jpg Backglass 1.jpgBackglass 1.jpg
    #7 10 years ago

Here are some pictures of the machine on:

Ken

Backglass lit.jpgBackglass lit.jpg front lit 1.jpgfront lit 1.jpg front lit 2.jpgfront lit 2.jpg Inside diorama lit 1.jpgInside diorama lit 1.jpg Inside diorama lit 2.jpgInside diorama lit 2.jpg Inside diorama lit 3.jpgInside diorama lit 3.jpg
    #11 10 years ago

I remember playing Gang Busters way back when. Love the whole Tommy Gun with the Kick back action. As far as the diorama inside it is awesome! Wish Williams did a better job on the Phantom Gun diorama but to me Midway really had their act together in this and the sound department.

Get motivated and get it 100% working as you have an awesome game!

Ken

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Clay has some neat info and a sound file on that game here-

I researched his site before I bought my game but lets face it, there just is not a whole lot of information when it comes to photos/comparisons and repair guides. We need to work together on that aspect with this thread.

Ken

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from SchertzPinball:

The Rodeo is missing everything on the door.

Not quite sure what you are saying here Jason. Do you mean the Coin Door? If so it looks like it would take a standard Coin Door that you could get off any CC pinball machine. Plenty of those being parted out these days. Maybe I'm missing something here?

Ken

#22 10 years ago

Just added Submarine games to this thread as well, so lets see them!

Ken

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ken, notice no red on that one

Yep, good eye Jeff, so now I will not hesitate to paint the outer rim of my Phantom Head gloss black.

Ken

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I remember playing Sea Wolf a lot as a kid at the Rehobeth Beach Funland. Loved that game. Never really got into the shooters though.

Actually the1976 Midway Sea Wolf was the first SS Submarine game with the 1970 Sea Devil being the last EM version, However Sea Wolf was indeed a fun game.

Moderator, I noticed the thread was moved to the OT section which it is but I am afraid the thread will get lost as I myself had problems finding it and this is a hot topic for the collectors and I wonder if there is some way we can move it back to the EM section? If not, then I think we need an EM-OT section that is actually linked with the EM threads, so basically a sub category. Any chance Robin would approve this?

Thanks,

Ken

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from SchertzPinball:

Everything ha been cut off the back door. There should be steppers and relays all over the door.

Ouch!

Well if the rest of the machine is in great shape I think it would be worth holding on to it until a trashed parts game came along to get your running again Jason.

Ken

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

Ambush Full auto 500 + rounds in 80 seconds with recoil.
    Stockade holigraphic targets and point values.

I played ambush back in the day and it was a lot of fun! Full Auto Baby!

I do not remember playing Stockade although I do kind of remember a Gun Game with an Indian Target. It does look very fun as well and both being Williams games gets a big 2 thumbs up from me.

Ken

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I found a fella in Canada who had two of them that I manage to snag. I really to to get it up and running for nostalgia's sake.

There's a guy up in Canada that has a Phantom listed on eBay for $1400.00 and tends to have a lot of gun games for sale. Maybe the same guy you bought your machine from?

Let's see you get those Jungle Drums beating once again and show us some pictures when its done!

Ken

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

I have a Williams Bonanza and a CCM Twin Rifle.

Fantastic Choices for game play and looks! Actually a Williams Bonanza is on my Wishlist down the road as my 2nd and final gun game as I feel It's got the best western theme going on for a single player. Your very lucky your 4-track tape still works! Nice job with fabricating parts to keep them playing as well.

Hopefully folks share repairs such as yours in the near future with some detailed pictures and information on this new thread.

Ken

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball4life:

If you have a large room with extra space, they would be neat to own.

That's my plan with our new home. Gun games are always a big hit at parties and when friends visit so I guess we'll just have to have a lot of visitors to keep the gun games super busy.

Ken

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Ambush, Stockage, Haunted house, wild kingdom, twin rifle, Bonanza, Sea devil.

Awesome lineup Clay!

Looks like the same exact lineup I would have including Sea Devil or Sea Raider, whichever popped up first. The only problem is I would need a place that would hold 200+ pin/arcade games, sound familiar?

Ken

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I currently have a Midway Shooting Gallery and US Marshal game.

Cool games Alex!

Shooting galleries that shot real projectiles were always a good time for me as a kid. I don't think I have played one since then and would love the chance if I could.I remember being able to play these things at carnivals in the 60's to mid 70's pretty readily.

Ken

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Pinman should change the title (remove the OT part) and they will leave the thread alone!

Done deal Stashy!

Ken

#61 10 years ago

Anyone have an extra Monster Target from a Midway Haunted House they want to sell?

In my modification of my Williams Phantom I want to replace the original monster with hopefully the Midway HH one or at least create a likeness. I personally don't care for the Phantom one.

A scan of the Midway HH Monster Target on both sides will work for me as well and then I could just create one myself.

Ken

HH interior Scene.JPGHH interior Scene.JPG

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I have a Midway Wild Kingdom I would consider parting with for $650 which is what I paid for it. Fully working. Just needs some cleanup. 8 Track works well.

That's a good deal for the shape it is in and a very cool game!

It's a cool single player game because you actually have competition against Jungle Charlie which is basically the game character playing against you. If you do not shoot soon enough Jungle Charlie will and you will lose those points which is almost like having a second human player to compete against.

Hopefully someone here picks it up!

Ken

#68 10 years ago

Did you see how the Score Wheels work? What a nightmare. Gears and Clutches on a shaft driven by 1 motor. Taking it apart just to clean would be a royal pain. Hopefully I never have to service one of these, but you never know.

Ken

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

I thought of that too Ken, what a nightmare. Sort of thought that about the whole game actually.

Quoted from cfh:

All midways since 1965 have those nightmare motorized score reels. The plastic converter breaks too.

I know everyone loves a challenge, but I am going to restrict mine to The Williams EM Guns and just go play your guys Midway games and let you work on them.

Ken

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Never a big fan of arctic gun.

Arctic Gun is cool in the aspect it uses Bells instead of a stupid Sound Card that Williams used like in my Phantom Gun, so I got my idea to modify mine seeing how Arctic Gun works and Clays modification of his Bonanza. As far as the play of Arctic Gun I do not remember it well as it was back in yesteryear when I played it last. I do like the Artwork for Arctic Gun though.

Ken

#77 10 years ago

For you guys who have a Midway Gun Game and need a Coin Door.

I'm sure these do not come around that often in good shape.

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine Coin Door 12 1 4 x 10 1 4 Vintage Midway

$9.99 start bid/no reserve

Ken

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Except that Arctic Gun is made by Williams.....

My bad...........got confused.

Ken

#101 10 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Here's my Sega Gun Fight.

Super awesome! Played that one as a kid new and it was fun. Love the Cactus being shot in half and losing your cover from the other gunfighter. Yours looks super clean too.

Ken

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Just made a deal on a Sea Raider!

Sea Raider is on my future wishlist but I want to get a couple more pinball machines first.

Ken

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ghoen:

So in my restoration project I am planning on filling all the dings and repainting the cabinet. Planning on making stencils for it using my vinyl cutter. I fount a coin door on eBay that was in pretty good shape and repainted it as well as the gun mount. The only part I am in search of is one of the zebras has been made out of an old circuit board.

Sounds like a fun project. Half the battle is just finding a gun game that is complete and has the right parts so good luck in your quest to find that original Zebra. Maybe someone here has an extra original from a parted out game?

When I get around to my Williams Phantom Project I will document it on a separate thread so others can see how I did my modifications to the game.

Ken

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

I have a Chicago Coin Motorcycle. Just picked it up haven't turned it on yet. glass is poor but game looks complete. Most likely going to part it out if I cant get it running. Fell free to make offer on parts or game.

Hopefully someone buys this for a restore project as I remember playing this as a kid and it is a fun game. You just don't see too many of these EM motorcycle games around anymore.

Ken

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I'm having problems with the bottom carriage assembly moving sluggish. I've cleaned it pretty good and dabbed a little 3 in 1 oil on the chain pulleys after cleaning to help it move better.

I have heard of problems such as yours caused by the SS Motor Speed Control Board. I believe you may have to check the Capacitors from what I read as these go out or just go bad. Easy to test and change out as well although I have never done it, just going by what others have said.

Ken

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Can I get a price check for a Midway Haunted House. I need it in three grades. A = prestine collector quality, B=great condition maybe some blemishes or needs a cab repaint. C= player to rough condition, needs a ton of work.

Good luck Dan.

Check this out. I posted on RGP before I bought my Phantom Gun and got 0 responses and 40 lookers! This tells me that prices are all over the board and no one really knows. From what I have seen though a very good condition 100% working one will cost you $2000.00 with a mint one going for maybe up to $3000.00. Haunted House is a super hot title right now.

Ken

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Awesome thread!!
    Chance of any gun game at Allentown?

Good question. Not sure if a lot of these end up going to shows in general. Maybe someone else can chime in on Gun Games at shows.

I know there was only one EM Gun Game at the TPF this year and it was not for sale.

Ken

#178 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

On the hunt for a schematic if anyone has a lead?

Have you checked with PBR? I would get the Manual too if they have it as it should tell you how to set the sights for aiming.

Ken

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Coinopwarehouse just put a phantom project up for 285

Someone go get it!
    -Jeff

Quoted from way2wyrd:

And a twin rifle for 400

Where are these listed at? I can't find them. Even went to their website.

Ken

#198 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Lloyd posts them to his Facebook page. Coinopwarehouse on FB.

Thanks for the FYI Dirt.

Ken

#215 9 years ago

So did someone on Pinside do the BIN on eBay for this very nice Williams Jungle Drums?

ebay.com link: 1971 Williams Jungle Drums Gun Game Pinball

Ken

#219 9 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

So did someone on Pinside do the BIN on eBay for this very nice Williams Jungle Drums?

Guess not. They also bought these, 3 Items from 1 seller for an instant arcade.

ebay.com link: 1971 Bally Four Million BC Pinball Machine

ebay.com link: 1959 Bally Heavy Hitter Pitch Bat Pinball Machine

Ken

#227 9 years ago

Chicago Coin Twin Rifle or Big Top would be 420 lbs crated from the factory, so 400 lbs. Great 2 player rifle games.

Yes you can transport them on their back.

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/twinrif.htm
    http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/bigtop.htm

Ken

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from DallasPinball:

Yesterday I picked up a 1974 Chicago Coin "Fun Land Rifle" EM rifle game in Oklahoma. Looking for a better backglass that is not as rough and also looking for a single score reel since one was missing in my game.

Nice purchase.

Locating a Score Wheel should not be a problem as they should be the same ones used in later CC pins and there are usually some on eBay.

The Backglass however will be more difficult. Best to get a high resolution scan of your current one and send a copy to bgresto.com. so they can make you a new one.

Ken

#240 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

anyone have a Sea Raider? I need some tips on the selector for targeting. I got a schematic now if only I can find a manual.....

Did you check with PBR yet?

Ken

2 weeks later
    #254 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Too much, or, just right?

I think it's a very cool game all the way around. The music gives the shooter the feel of being at a carnival. Plenty of targets to hit too. Looks very fun as well and seems to be working 100%. Black light games always look so nice lit up. The price is right IMO. Now go get it and get some target practice in!

Ken

#262 9 years ago

Moderator,

Could you please move this thread back to the EM section where it belongs.

Thanks,

Ken

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Moderator,

Could you please move this thread back to the EM section where it belongs.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks again to whom ever moved this thread back to the EM section.

Ken

#267 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I would love to buy one preferably one with a scary theme but I can never fine one for sale. I know people ask me this about pins all the time but I got to ask, where can I find one?

I bought mine on eBay as they have never come up for sale locally in Idaho, so not much choice in my situation. I would think in Indiana they would show up more often, but eBay does have a decent variety of Gun Games at certain times, just have to keep an eye out and move fast when you see the title you want.

Ken

#269 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

. I originally only knew of Haunted House but now I can put Spook and Phantom on my list of possibles. Any others?

You have the main ones covered, not sure about some off brands that may have had a spooky theme.

My favorites to play in order:

1) Midway Haunted House
    2) Williams Phantom Gun
    3) Williams Spooks.

The reason I did not buy a Midway Haunted House is because servicing it is more of a PITA than a Williams which is a major concern of mine, not to mention that HH is twice the price of a Williams Phantom. Also Williams Gun Games availability of parts is greater as you can use pinball relays, coin door parts, etc. if needed, but with Midway you just have to find Midway parts.

I always thought Williams also had the highest dependability and ease of maintenance as far as pinball, so hopefully that transfers over to their Gun Games as well.

Ken

1 week later
    #275 9 years ago
    Quoted from RedNorland:

problem is I've got no schematic

Pinball Resource will have one and they may have an Owners Manual as well.

Ken

2 weeks later
    #282 9 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Vanguard update.

rebuilding the solenoid units and getting the playfield back together.

--Jeff

Looking great Jeff compared to when you first got it!

Quoted from btw75:

Keep working it! I expect all those rows of poppers to be rebuilt by midnight.

I'll give you a little more time Jeff as it looks like we will be living in Fort Worth in a couple of months.

Ken

1 month later
    #296 9 years ago

Bump for gun games!

Ken

2 weeks later
    #302 9 years ago

Here is a nice condition gun game for sale for a reasonable price.

ebay.com link: Williams Sniper Arcade Gun Rifle Game Gallery 1972 Coin Operated

Ken

2 months later
    #383 9 years ago

Unloaded my 1969 Williams Phantom Gun today that I transported it from a friends house a couple days back and decided to install 2" wheels instead of the regular Leg levelers while it was still lying on its back as 2 of the 4 metal inserts that the 2" levelers go into were missing. Rather than track them down and bring the feet back to the original configuration. It can be brought back to original quite easily as the wheel plate simply covers the hole with 4 wood screws securing it to the bottom.

I thought it best with a 300 lb machine and a 52 year old guy that rolling around the beast would be a lot easier than dragging it here and there. Two of the wheels have locks on them so the machine cannot roll off once in place, one in the front and one on the back.

I will roil the beast into the house tomorrow from the garage and then I just need to sight in the gun and it is good to go for now. It is a fun and challenging game and very cool looking when it is lit up.

Ken

Phantom bottom & Prospector Back 002.JPGPhantom bottom & Prospector Back 002.JPG
    Phantom bottom & Prospector Back 004.JPGPhantom bottom & Prospector Back 004.JPG
    Phantom bottom & Prospector Back 001.JPGPhantom bottom & Prospector Back 001.JPG

Phantom bottom & Prospector Back 009.JPGPhantom bottom & Prospector Back 009.JPG
    #398 9 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Here's a fixer upper!

Only 200 bucks and you could have a Captain Kid....or what's left of it!
    ebay.com link » Captain Kid Gun Rifle Arcade Game Machine Antique Vintage Midway Project Parts

Big project there even if it was complete. A new cabinet would be needed for sure and then lots of other work to boot. For $50.00 it would be worth it if you were willing to put the time into it IMO.

Ken

3 weeks later
    #408 9 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Three gun games all from the same guy here locally. Seem like somewhat rare games, for sale or trade-
    hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Cool machines, too bad there are no pictures posted of the condition.

Ken

1 week later
    #419 9 years ago

Does anyone here own a 1972 SEGA PERISCOPE

It would be cool to see detailed pictures of the mechanics of the game.

Ken

#421 9 years ago
    Quoted from PlayPin:

Here are a few pics inside Sega Periscope:

Thanks so much for posting the pics. Looks like about as complicated as my 1969 Williams Gun Game which is not that bad. "Periscope" reminds me of the Atari pinball machine "Hercules", just so massive in size, but much more fun as I have played them both back in the day and the latter was lame.

Ken

#423 9 years ago
    Quoted from PlayPin:

I did not get to see a hit. I was reading how the explosion sound for a hit was actually a mechanical sound generated with a spring, a magnet, a phonograph needle/transducer, and a 500mfd cap. to extend the explosion sound.

Most likely about the same setup as Midway had for their 1969 Sea Raider Submarine game.

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/searaid.htm

Ken

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Here's a YouTube vid I found. The sounds are cool. If the condition is good and the price is cheap than it may be something to look into.

I remember playing Sega Jet Rocket back in the day and it was a fun game and very much ahead of it's time for arcade games IMO. That would be a nice find and I would not mind having one.

Ken

#430 9 years ago

2 for 1 deal

They both look to be in nice shape too

ebay.com link: 2 EM ARCADES Midway Sea Raider and Chicago Coin Coney Island Rifle

Both fun games.

Ken

1 week later
    #433 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

have three new games at home.

I see a 1969 Williams Spooks Gun Game in your truck.

Ken

#436 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

It's a Bally Spook Gun from 1958,

Even Better Rody!

The color and the ghost stencils threw me off as it seems that Williams used the same on their later version.

Ken

2 weeks later
    #442 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

1958 Bally Spook Gun:

Junior sized game with a 6 shooter, ghouly targets, originally on the Atlantic City Pier.

One of those would be cool next to my Williams Phantom Gun.

Nice catch off the pier! That's a keeper!

Ken

#444 9 years ago

Very very cool......and expensive

The Ultimate Gun Game........Westworld Revisited.........DRAW

$20,000 BIN or Offer:

ebay.com link: Johnny Rio Mr Six Gun Arcade Machine Animatronic Automation Coin Op Slot Game AP

Ken

Johnny Rio - Mr 6 Gun.JPGJohnny Rio - Mr 6 Gun.JPG

1 month later
    #490 9 years ago
    Quoted from ksnuclear:

Here is a Chicago Coin Safari I restored a few years ago.

Quoted from ksnuclear:

Here is a Wms Sniper I restored a few years ago.

WOW!

They both look great!

Ken

1 week later
    #492 9 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

For example if I do a high res scan could I print it out on like a vinyl sticker and get the same effect?

I know for a fact that you will have to use Fluorescent paint on any Black light game to get the original effect from the lighting from all the colored artwork.

Ken

#494 9 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was expecting. Was thinking fluorescent paint pens might do the trick.

This looks to be a good starter set for fluorescent paint and I may end up buying it down the road to touch up my gun game:

ebay.com link: Blacklight UV GLOW NEON FACE BODY PAINT 1 OZ BOTTLE SET OF 8 FLOURESCENT

Ken

#497 9 years ago

Another Midway Haunted House and a Williams Arctic Gun for sale , both fun games IMO:

ebay.com link: Midway Haunted House 1972 Em Arcade Machine

ebay.com link: Williams Artic Gun 1966 Em Arcade Machine

Ken

#499 9 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

would be a deal for someone that has a damaged cabinet or needs other parts

The motorized Midway Score Wheel Assemblies are worth their weight in gold alone.

Ken

2 weeks later
    #509 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Also any leads on nos or repro back glass

bgresto.com for new Backglass however you would have to supply them with a decent Backglass that doesn't have a ton of ink loss to copy the art from or send them High Resolution Scans front and back and send them a copy of the CD which costs about $100.00 per glass to have a photo shop with a large enough scanner to do it.

Ken

1 month later
    #521 8 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Only question is the autofire isn't very smooth, it seems to intermittantly firing.

Maybe check your Trigger Switch Contact, clean/gap.

Ken

#523 8 years ago

Check the Trigger Relay switches/clean/gap/check mechanics of the relay itself, also check the switch that activates and holds the Trigger Relay as well.

Example: I just went through a Gottlieb "A" Relay for the 4th time and found that my issue was mechanical, not electrical, (this was a first and I have had many Gottliebs) so do not assume the Armature, etc if fine, test it for smooth catch and release.

Ken

#527 8 years ago

Just bought this bad boy.

As they say "Loose lips sink ships".

The arcade collection is shaping up. Just need a Ball Bowler down the road and I am set.

Edit: Just sailed into my port (garage) today 5/18/15. Now to get her serviced and battle ready for the South Pacific once again.

Ken

pic 1.JPGpic 1.JPG
    pic 2.JPGpic 2.JPG

#532 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Looks great Ken. Is the machine operational?

Thanks wayner!

He states it's in good shape and works but the sound is currently not working which should not be too hard to get going again as the game is complete. Just glad I don't have to deal with Midway Score Wheels.

Anytime I buy a machine I just assume it needs a full Shopout anyway so it will be 100% one way or another in the near future. The wife is really looking forward to playing this one too.

Ken

1 month later
    #537 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

I just picked up my 3rd gun game to go with my Midway Haunted House and Williams Arctic Gun, CC Twin Rifle. Great game, it's a keeper. Out of space but I can't pass these up!

Great lineup of gun games!

If I had room I would pick up a CC Twin Rifle or Big Top myself......humm.....now let me take a look around......................

Your Twin Rifle looks to be in Super Great Condition too.

Ken

3 weeks later
    #539 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Hopefully getting a CC Champion Rifle Range tomorrow. Is it a fun game?

Cool. Never played one as far as I remember. Show us some pics once you get it.

Ken

2 weeks later
    #550 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Johnny Frantz assets following his murder

I would like to read that story myself but could not find anything on it.

Ken

2 months later
    #586 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Replaced missing gun chains.

Curious where you found the chains John. Used ones from a parts game or maybe new motorcycle chains? I tried finding a new one for a Williams Gun Game and went to a bicycle shop and they told me they could not help, so I just kept the original one and gave it a modification so I could tension the chain more. Works great now and have done this on two gun games.

Ken

6 months later
    #632 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

She is up and playing!

TPF 2017

#634 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

'll speak for him... No way in hell.
    It about killed a mutual friend of ours when being brought to Austin... Only a fool would tempt fate again.

3" to 4" swivel wheels installed on the bottom of the game and a truck with a lift gate will remedy potential death from gun game.

Ken

1 week later
    #639 8 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Picked up a Midway White Lightning. It's pretty rough but I'm hoping I can make it nice again. Love the hillbilly theme

Well if anyone can get that game 100% again and looking great it is you PACMAN.

Have fun with the restoration and please keep us posted on the progress!

Ken

#645 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Phantom Gun arcade Williams 69" - $500
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

Whomever buys this just mail the broken Backglass to bgresto.com a have a new one made.

Ken

6 months later
    #703 7 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

The gearbox on the main target makes one hell of a racket.

Contact Steve at PBR.

He rebuilt a gearbox for my 1969 Williams Phantom Gun.

9 months later
    #800 6 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does anyone sell backglasses for Williams Phantom Rifle games?

Not yet. I tried to get them made but mine was in too bad of shape, then I got a super nice one and was too afraid of shipping it to bgresto, then I sold the game. The End, of my story anyhow.

1 week later
    #811 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Americoin Fire Chief

Quoted from ZNET:

some ambitious arcade designer had an idea to mix real water with particle board and electricity? Yes, and it worked.

That was a fun one to play back in the day. Amazing there are any left.

11 months later
    #890 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjs001:

Picked up CC Apolla Moon Shot Rifle today. Nearly complete. Need to find a credit wheel and doubt it’s possible but also the sound board. Needs a deep clean, if fires up it’s just stuck in the middle of a game, steppers barley move.

eBay for the credit wheel should be easy as one from a pinball machine from that year should be the same and for the sound board you could check with John's Jukes.

7 months later
    #956 5 years ago

It takes USA Dimes only! Well that's what you get when you insert a Canadian Dime.

2 months later
    #965 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Maybe that trace used to go all the way to the end of the burn.

Best thing to do is get a picture of a good one hopefully from another Pinsider to help explain what needs to be repaired.

5 months later
    #1037 4 years ago
    Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I recently picked up a 1 Million BC gun game from Midway built around 1969. Just curious what the best method is for washing or wiping down the diorama . Overall looks pretty good, just a little dusty. thanks for any help

rob

I used a soft bristle dust brush on a couple machines. As long as they don't have rubbed in dirt or grease that should be enough.

1 year later
    #1155 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

In the process of restoring a Chicago Coin Coney Island gun machine. I am having difficulty getting a consistent relationship between the aim,trigger shot and target hit. It seems not a question of shoot accuracy but just that something is not syncing between the shot and the target hit. This makes it very difficult to tune the accuracy through adjustment of the rifle stylus to wiper board. I have the schematics - has anyone experienced this issue? Thanks Wayne

Hey Wayne,

I thought CC gun games had a special alignment tool for sighting the targets that came with each game? Did they ever make a manual for that game? If so they will tell you how to sight in the targets, my William's Phantom Gun did. PBR has some gun game manuals, but John Robertson of flippers.com has a lot of them. I never had a CC gun game so my knowledge is limited, sorry.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games?tu=EM-PINMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.