(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 26.
    #1101 3 years ago

Picked up this project today. Need scans for the lower glass if anyone has one. It's missing the torpedo motor so I'll be whipping up a DIY replacement.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1102 3 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Picked up this project today. Need scans for the lower glass if anyone has one. It's missing the torpedo motor so I'll be whipping up a DIY replacement.
    [quoted image]

Loved playing Sea Raider as a kid. Most department stores had them (Arlan's, W. T. Grant, Ames, Zayre). When the updated vesion, Sea Devil came out, It paled in comparison.

Then video vestions came out. Firs was Midway's Sea Wolf which was great to play and they earned well for several years. Then the Sega Subroc game that came out around '82 and was a great upgrade with awesome 3-D effects using shutters in the Periscope. At that time, I was a game technician though and didn't care to play them. The periscope was no fun to repair on any of them.

#1103 3 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Edit: I thought you said coil. But you said relay. Removing my recommendation.

NO, that was my ignorance. My bad. Both noise issues found are actually coils.

1) The Control Unit - it stays activated (pulled in) so it's not against the wheel. Is that normal? I can hold the metal plate back a bit and the noise goes away. But let go and it's a hummmmm. Is the coil supposed to stay locked on after a game?

2) Next one was the coil driving the tape mechanism. (or engages the actual tape) It seems to run / stay pulled in - all the time. Changing tracks when applicable. (My board inside this is needing work, but hopefully fixable later on) If I unplug the large white connector on top - I lose my gun altogether. So until I can get the small circuit board inside repaired, I've just cut one leg on this coil. Will def try to get the sounds back asap!

IMG_1322 (resized).jpgIMG_1322 (resized).jpgIMG_1323 (resized).jpgIMG_1323 (resized).jpg
    #1104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

NO, that was my ignorance. My bad. Both noise issues found are actually coils.
    1) The Control Unit - it stays activated (pulled in) so it's not against the wheel. Is that normal? I can hold the metal plate back a bit and the noise goes away. But let go and it's a hummmmm. Is the coil supposed to stay locked on after a game?
    2) Next one was the coil driving the tape mechanism. (or engages the actual tape) It seems to run / stay pulled in - all the time. Changing tracks when applicable. (My board inside this is needing work, but hopefully fixable later on) If I unplug the large white connector on top - I lose my gun altogether. So until I can get the small circuit board inside repaired, I've just cut one leg on this coil. Will def try to get the sounds back asap![quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not familiar with that game so can't tell you what is normal. But to stop the noise, for the control unit there should be a spring that will cause the plate to move when the coil is turned off. Try adjusting the spring so it is not putting as much pressure on the plate to move back into position. Just don't adjust it too much that it won't go back. For the coil in the 2nd pic, replace the coil sleeve and the coil stop and that should stop the noise in that one.

#1105 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips! Perfect!

#1106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

That game had me laughing it is a great one. I played a few gun and sub games but just what I could find on the guys route when I was young.

Your Flying Tiger Deluxe music was great so much that at the beginning I thought Rick Flair was coming out to wrestle.
    Lastly does Pinside have a listing of all the sub and other games along with the manufacturer? Just wondering...

Thank you.

You could try looking at this site for a list of EM games by category. http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/index.htm

I've added a couple of other games restored so far to my YouTube Channel.

Slowly building up the collection.
    Hope you like them as well?

P1090212 (resized).JPGP1090212 (resized).JPG
    #1107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Swanee:

Thank you.
    You could try looking at this site for a list of EM games by category. http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/index.htm
    I've added a couple of other games restored so far to my YouTube Channel.

Slowly building up the collection.
    Hope you like them as well?[quoted image]

That 1972 Williams "Stockade" rifle game looked like it had a shotgun blast to the back of it. The Chicago Coin "Super Circus" rifle was good too I always have a spot in my heart for Chicago Coin.

#1108 3 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Got my schematics today, and also located the missing bracket for the coin door switch. Finally found the problem with the running score motor, and it's pretty much working now. Only getting 9 shots and not 10, so I have to look into what's up with the shot counter. I also have to align the scan disc for the rifle, but I can at least play a full game for the most part.
    -Hans

Recently I helped a friend get his Apollo Moon Shot sound board going. I decided to reverse engineer the small board to see what was going on. Thought I'd post my schematic just in case it helps others. The schematic is by no means 100% accurate and feel free to point out any mistakes.

X10-Space_sound_board v1.1 (resized).JPGX10-Space_sound_board v1.1 (resized).JPG
    #1109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

That 1972 Williams "Stockade" rifle game looked like it had a shotgun blast to the back of it. The Chicago Coin "Super Circus" rifle was good too I always have a spot in my heart for Chicago Coin.

Yep! One day a gun fight broke out inside the machine. Sadly this machine sat in very damp conditions for many years but manage to repair it. Just need to finish the cabinet artwork 'one day'.

P1070380 (resized).JPGP1070380 (resized).JPGP1070381 (resized).JPGP1070381 (resized).JPGP1070401 (resized).JPGP1070401 (resized).JPGP1070474 (resized).JPGP1070474 (resized).JPGP1070477 (resized).JPGP1070477 (resized).JPGP1070478 (resized).JPGP1070478 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #1110 3 years ago

Just picked up Rifle Champ and it plays great! I rifled through the 23 pages and no one has posted anything on this game. So here’s a few pictures and if anyone has any more information and where to find parts that would be appreciated!

179576D6-594D-4A54-8411-A56C32D54672 (resized).jpeg179576D6-594D-4A54-8411-A56C32D54672 (resized).jpeg8C5F1133-32D6-4BF1-92D8-D8933D9FDAA7 (resized).jpeg8C5F1133-32D6-4BF1-92D8-D8933D9FDAA7 (resized).jpeg93E15FAD-14F1-4592-9270-39EB7BE86F29 (resized).jpeg93E15FAD-14F1-4592-9270-39EB7BE86F29 (resized).jpegB2C5780E-C5AE-4CFA-958E-C0CBF71A2B3F (resized).jpegB2C5780E-C5AE-4CFA-958E-C0CBF71A2B3F (resized).jpegEF68AEE6-C1A9-4338-91AF-77A1C9BF0802 (resized).jpegEF68AEE6-C1A9-4338-91AF-77A1C9BF0802 (resized).jpeg
    #1111 3 years ago

Here is some of what I found: 1964 Midway Rifle Champ
    Description: Rifle Champ, Midway, 12/64, timed game with unlimited shots. Has inner and outer rotating discs and different 10, 20 or 30 point targets that vary and light up. The internal lighting varies from regular to black lights for interesting effects. There are three scoring periods for 10 cents, time starts with the first shot in each scoring period, shoot fast for maximum shots. Measures 24 1/2" wide by 46" deep.

Also a flyer that I couldn't get loaded here but the address is as follows: https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=arcadedb&id=108

#1112 3 years ago

Thanks Grayman!

#1113 3 years ago
    Quoted from firefighter:

Just picked up Rifle Champ and it plays great! I rifled through the 23 pages and no one has posted anything on this game. So here’s a few pictures and if anyone has any more information and where to find parts that would be appreciated!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What parts are you needing?

#1114 3 years ago

Don't need any parts right now but anything made by man is bound to fail at sometime and I like to know ahead of time what resources are out there.

#1115 3 years ago
    Quoted from firefighter:

Don't need any parts right now but anything made by man is bound to fail at sometime and I like to know ahead of time what resources are out there.

https://www.flippers.com/ has a good amount of Midway parts

#1116 3 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for 6x9 speakers for a EM Gun Game?

#1117 3 years ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Does anyone have any recommendations for 6x9 speakers for a EM Gun Game?

Are the originals 6x9? If not you'll likely need an amp. Make sure the impedance matches.

#1118 3 years ago

Picked these up last month.

A5DD294C-38E0-4254-BFEA-918A97C64396 (resized).jpegA5DD294C-38E0-4254-BFEA-918A97C64396 (resized).jpegBD228EA4-9003-4DC2-A31B-CC614BE72610 (resized).jpegBD228EA4-9003-4DC2-A31B-CC614BE72610 (resized).jpeg
    #1119 3 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Are the originals 6x9? If not you'll likely need an amp. Make sure the impedance matches.

Yes originally 6x9 speakers which are from a Cooney Island.

#1121 3 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Picked these up last month.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

WOW! A Sea Rescue. You don't see many of these. Thanks for posting. If you ever get a chance could you post a video of this?

3 weeks later
    #1122 3 years ago

Heres a shot of my up and coming game room, all electro mechanical. I am on the hunt for a Kasco Star V if anyone knows of one. Thanks!

List of games in the picture:
    Midway Whirly Bird
    Williams Stockade
    Williams Ambush
    Midway Gangbusters
    Midway Stunt Pilot
    Midway Sea Raider
    Williams Mini Golf
    Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery
    Genco Shuffle Pool

Not in pic:
    Sega Jet Rocket
    Midway Panzer attack
    CC Speedway
    CC Motorcycle
    CC Ball Bowler

0D6873B5-F08A-420E-9E6A-651AB7FE6A21 (resized).jpeg0D6873B5-F08A-420E-9E6A-651AB7FE6A21 (resized).jpeg

#1123 3 years ago

What a marvel of a lineup

#1124 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheCollector:

Heres a shot of my up and coming game room, all electro mechanical.

Nice line up. I'm sure you must like it, but what do you think of Shuffle Pool?
    I have one that's been stored for years. I Have many machines yet to go through,
    but will have additional space before too long..

#1125 3 years ago

Heres a shot of my up and coming game room, all electro mechanical. I am on the hunt for a Kasco Star V if anyone knows of one. Thanks!
    Midway Whirly Bird
    Williams Stockade
    Williams Ambush
    Midway Gangbusters
    Midway Stunt Pilot
    Midway Sea Raider
    Williams Mini Golf
    Genco Shuffle Pool
    Not in pic:
    Sega Jet Rocket
    Midway Panzer attack
    CC Speedway
    CC Motorcycle
    CC Ball Bowler
    [quoted image]

Very nice lineup. What kind of condition is your clown and discs in the shooting gallery? Did you just put in a blue light bulb in the front?

#1126 3 years ago

Midway Whirly Bird
    Williams Stockade
    Williams Ambush
    Midway Gangbusters
    Midway Stunt Pilot
    Midway Sea Raider
    Williams Mini Golf
    Genco Shuffle Pool
    Not in pic:
    Sega Jet Rocket
    Midway Panzer attack
    CC Speedway
    CC Motorcycle
    CC Ball Bowler
    [quoted image]

Great First Post! Lineup!
    Thats how you make a splash diving into pinside! Welcome!

#1127 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Nice line up. I'm sure you must like it, but what do you think of Shuffle Pool?
    I have one that's been stored for years. I Have many machines yet to go through,
    but will have additional space before too long..

Thanks for your interest, my Genco Shuffle Pool is one of the jewels of my collection. The hologram balls are so cool! Its one of my oldest games and very fun to play, not easy by any means. I would get it out of storage as its a rare game and a fan favorite on game night. I am happy you have one and will be playing it soon one day!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1128 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Very nice lineup. What kind of condition is your clown and discs in the shooting gallery? Did you just put in a blue light bulb in the front?

Thanks for your interest, the clown is not original but in great shape as a close friend of mine made me two a few years ago. My discs are in good shape and are original. I wouldn’t mind having some spares though as they sure do take a beating lol. There is not a blue light in the front but it is a LED bulb.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1129 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Great First Post! Lineup!
    Thats how you make a splash diving into pinside! Welcome!

Thanks! I have been working hard on my collection for years and hopefully years to come lol.

#1130 3 years ago

Thanks for your interest, the clown is not original but in great shape as a close friend of mine made me two a few years ago. My discs are in good shape and are original. I wouldn’t mind having some spares though as they sure do take a beating lol. There is not a blue light in the front but it is a LED bulb. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ah. Ok. It just looked blue. Your discs are in great shape. I sold mine, but I'm restoring a Midway Rifle Gallery to take it's place

#1131 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Ah. Ok. It just looked blue. Your discs are in great shape. I sold mine, but I'm restoring a Midway Rifle Gallery to take it's place

Thats an awesome game! I think the rifle gallery is very cool and unique. I have never seen one for sale but maybe one day. Lol

Any pics of the restore?

#1132 3 years ago

Thats an awesome game! I think the rifle gallery is very cool and unique. I have never seen one for sale but maybe one day. Lol
    Any pics of the restore?

Yes sir. Right here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-rife-gallery-restore-previous-rat-mansion-

#1133 3 years ago

my Genco Shuffle Pool is one of the jewels of my collection.

I had all the Midway and Bally air compressor machines (still have Rifle Gallery and Marksman),
    and I kick myself for not hanging onto the Deluxe Rifle Gallery. I have an eye out for another..
    Years back I once played a Shuffle Pool, but can't remember much except the one thing that stood
    out is that the pool balls seemed as if they were floating in mid-air. I'm sure many hadn't played or
    even seen Shuffle Pool. Perhaps sometime you can't film a short clip with it being played.. (T)

#1134 3 years ago

Midway Whirly Bird
    Williams Stockade
    Williams Ambush
    Midway Gangbusters
    Midway Stunt Pilot
    Midway Sea Raider
    Williams Mini Golf
    Genco Shuffle Pool
    Not in pic:
    Sega Jet Rocket
    Midway Panzer attack
    CC Speedway
    CC Motorcycle
    CC Ball Bowler
    [quoted image]

Welcome and what an awesome collection.

#1135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Swanee:

Welcome and what an awesome collection.

Thanks!

#1136 3 years ago

Just got to add to the game room posts. I just love the EM only theme.

P1090339 (resized).JPGP1090339 (resized).JPGP1090345 (resized).JPGP1090345 (resized).JPGP1090376 (resized).JPGP1090376 (resized).JPGP1090386 (resized).JPGP1090386 (resized).JPG
    #1137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Swanee:

Just got to add to the game room posts. I just love the EM only theme.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome collection! That CC Flying Tiger looks really cool!

#1138 3 years ago

Awesome collection! That CC Flying Tiger looks really cool!

Cheers. I added a few extras to this game. Of course all reversible if one wants to restore to factory. Background sound track, vibrating control stick when firing, head-up-display and a few other things. Thinking about adapting a sky scrolling unit out of a Sonic Fighter to give the effect of flying through the clouds. Optics are a challenge. This game has a serious bit of hardware in it. The airplanes carriage unit is awesome. Their is a two way mirror that combines the planes images together and reflects this up to another two way mirror that permits the red flash produce by a huge spot lamp to flood the screen when you strike a hit. And I've replaced the band aid (not factory ) with a better more appropriate tape. Link to my youtube Flying Tiger.

P1060850 (resized).JPGP1060850 (resized).JPGP1060851 (resized).JPGP1060851 (resized).JPGP1060852 (resized).JPGP1060852 (resized).JPGP1060853 (resized).JPGP1060853 (resized).JPGP1060855 (resized).JPGP1060855 (resized).JPGP1060857 (resized).JPGP1060857 (resized).JPGP1060858 (resized).JPGP1060858 (resized).JPGP1070303 (resized).JPGP1070303 (resized).JPG
    #1139 3 years ago

Hey all, thinking of selling some of the games in line to be restored. Message me if anyone has any interest. They are all in nice complete shape with schematics. I got them from a long time collector that stored them in a climate controlled warehouse. They will all need to be gone trough, the Panzer Attack has a new backglass being made right now that I am waiting on.

I also have a Williams Ambush in rough shape with a solid cabinet, inside scenery is pretty damaged.

1969 Chicago Coin Speedway Model “B”
    1974 Chicago Coin Motorcycle
    1974 Midway Panzer Attack
    1973 Williams Ambush

I also have a reset relay bank for a 1959 Chicago Coin Jet Pilot and a reset relay bank for a 1971 Chicago Coin Sharp Shooter.

Message me with any questions or to make me an offer.

All games/parts located: MI, 48114

Thanks

07CCB4B0-9EC9-4591-8273-D51E03BF3666 (resized).jpeg07CCB4B0-9EC9-4591-8273-D51E03BF3666 (resized).jpeg0C4EA7BA-4FE4-484C-80CB-03BDDCBBE137 (resized).jpeg0C4EA7BA-4FE4-484C-80CB-03BDDCBBE137 (resized).jpeg132C860B-028C-4E5F-B3A3-B852E9BCB275 (resized).jpeg132C860B-028C-4E5F-B3A3-B852E9BCB275 (resized).jpeg1D6281A6-DE89-4FF6-862C-3B4D99BC854A (resized).jpeg1D6281A6-DE89-4FF6-862C-3B4D99BC854A (resized).jpegA58E4855-33C6-42DE-9855-75E8E433AB28 (resized).jpegA58E4855-33C6-42DE-9855-75E8E433AB28 (resized).jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

Chicago Coin Speedway -SOLD
    Chicago Coin Motorcycle - SOLD

#1140 3 years ago

Hey guys some super games on here. I just sold my last gun game, a Haunted House. It worked flawlessly for years but it made its way to Farmville,Va 23901 and on the trip let a gremlin in. Too far for me to make a courtesy call to help the new owner out. It’s intermittently scoring hits now. Is anyone in the area that can help the new owner out? It’s a Christmas gift from a son to his dad and neither are particularly adept at em troubleshooting. It’s going to be something simple, it’s a pretty clean machine. He indicated he’d like to possibly convert it back to coin op from free play. The credit wheel wasnt installed from the owner before me but I didn’t care as it worked fine on free play.

15B6E563-5C74-403B-BB16-736339B891C3 (resized).jpeg15B6E563-5C74-403B-BB16-736339B891C3 (resized).jpeg3E758D74-46FE-420E-A4F7-2842C26E2BAA (resized).jpeg3E758D74-46FE-420E-A4F7-2842C26E2BAA (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #1141 3 years ago

Can someone please post a similar photo of their Midway Sea Raider? I have this stray wire I don't know where it goes. It's either white grey or yellow...
    There's some solder residue on the female connector at the bottom left so guessing it's that.

Also, the bottom right pin on the female is that red one, but my sound board connector doesn't have the pin populated.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1142 3 years ago

Hope this helps.
    Is the stray wire wrapped up with the sound plug or is it coming from the rest of the game?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1143 3 years ago

Thank you kindly! It's coming off of the factory loom. Mine is an early run (#258) and the service bulletin called for updating some wiring for some sound stuff, not sure if that applies here.

Here's a better picture of my connector, that mysterious red wire! I'll dig through the schematic and see what I can find. Thank you!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1144 3 years ago

Hey guys not an em but I am looking for a manual for Ghost Town by Bromley. Hoping one of you guys has a copy I can purchase. Thanks freddy

12AD66F6-CC45-4C80-ADDA-531A0172322D (resized).jpeg12AD66F6-CC45-4C80-ADDA-531A0172322D (resized).jpeg7EFB8710-98D9-46E3-9B9C-5FD6079163BA (resized).jpeg7EFB8710-98D9-46E3-9B9C-5FD6079163BA (resized).jpegC7F9201A-6A95-4773-960D-55FB4495D289 (resized).jpegC7F9201A-6A95-4773-960D-55FB4495D289 (resized).jpeg

#1145 3 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Hey guys not an em but I am looking for a manual for Ghost Town by Bromley. Hoping one of you guys has a copy I can purchase. Thanks freddy
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, I've never seen inside of one. Neat!

1 month later
    #1146 3 years ago

Purchased a CC Coney Island shooting machine last September but lots of delays pick up, delivery to Long Beach and then caught up in shipping delays out of Long Beach but happy to have finally collected from Port of Sydney.

canon25012021 002 (resized).JPGcanon25012021 002 (resized).JPG

Purchased as working but need to explore some hacks and replace power cord prior to initial test. Gun was removed for shipping. Cabinet has lots of gouges and chips not all that noticeable in pics so will repaint cab as part of an overall resto. Backglass has a bit of flaking but is good enough. First task was to put castors on this beast.

canon26012021 001 (resized).JPGcanon26012021 001 (resized).JPG

canon26012021 002 (resized).JPGcanon26012021 002 (resized).JPG

#1147 3 years ago

These EM gun games are so frickin cool! Where's the best place to find restored examples? Are they pretty reliable once they've been properly gone through? I know almost nothing about these.

#1148 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

These EM gun games are so frickin cool! Where's the best place to find restored examples? Are they pretty reliable once they've been properly gone through? I know almost nothing about these.

I'm not sure where to find restored examples. But as far as reliability they are just like an EM pinball machine. They work better when you play them more often. Leave them sit for a long time and you tend to get problems from things gumming up.

#1149 3 years ago

Playing them also keeps the switch contacts clean.
    I had a 1956 Wiiliams Crossfire and 1971 CC twin Rifle.
    They are a lot of fun but do get old quick. Always get a lot of play when people come over.

#1150 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have a friend in Los Angeles selling this very nice restored Apollo Moon Shot rifle game. He also has a nice Chicago Coin Steam Shovel. Message me for his contact information, if interested.

received_728007668119891 (resized).jpegreceived_728007668119891 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games/page/23?hl=silverbearss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.