(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,038 posts
  • 188 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by stashyboy
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 698 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_4480 (resized).jpg
    100_4448 (resized).jpg
    100_4449 (resized).jpg
    100_4429 (resized).jpg
    20191024_181556 (resized).jpg
    20191024_181627 (resized).jpg
    20191024_181425 (resized).jpg
    20191024_181456 (resized).jpg
    20191024_181406 (resized).jpg
    P1080052 (resized).JPG
    P1080051 (resized).JPG
    P1080047 (resized).JPG
    1966 Midway Captain Kid Finished (resized).jpg
    P1070818 (resized).JPG
    P1070823 (resized).JPG
    P1070828 (resized).JPG

There are 1038 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
    #1001 4 months ago

I just got this one in, fixed, and ready to go.

Archived after 13 days
    Sold elsewhere
    Other - For Sale
    “You are looking at an Apollo Moon Shot gun game by Chicago Coin. This game is 100% complete, and working. The artwork inside is in tact with great UV paint and in very good conditi...”
    2019-08-07
    Strongsville , OH
    800 (OBO)

1 week later
    #1002 3 months ago

Where do you guys find these weirdo EM games for sale? Are there forums that I can't seem to find?

#1003 3 months ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I just got this one in, fixed, and ready to go.

That's an amazing price. Love how psychedelic the gameplay is.
    Also love the Sea Rider, Fire Escape, and Basketball

#1004 3 months ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Where do you guys find these weirdo EM games for sale? Are there forums that I can't seem to find?

this one is just 5 hours away from you! go go gooooo https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/83224

#1005 3 months ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Mostly Facebook. The problem is they are usually listed with weird names like "vintage arcade machine" or mostly recently I saw one that said "my collection"....

3 weeks later
    #1006 87 days ago

Been reloading garage this week after redue of floor.
    Got a coat of carnauba on cabinets, they were dry and needed it.
    My delux gun i found a problem. Any help would be appreciated. It works great but cant figure out this gun clamp with 2 springs. Think bolt or something is completely gone. The kick back coil for gun works. But does the clamp with springs go to it. My other gun game is no help, different set up under gun.

20190913_171056 (resized).jpg20190913_171120 (resized).jpg20190913_171127 (resized).jpg20190913_171144 (resized).jpg20190914_082832 (resized).jpg
    #1007 87 days ago

It looks like the spring and band assembly is supposed to be attached to the recoil?

The clamp with the wing nut is likely there for calibrating the aim ( dialing in the targets). You lock the rifle down while sighting a target, then make sure the stylus is on the correct contact on the bakolite sheet.

#1008 87 days ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

It looks like the spring and band assembly is supposed to be attached to the recoil?

Thats what I was thinking. The loose bracket isnt needed for the gun.
    Was thinking the spring will go with one attached , then loose end with missing bolt will go to gun coil knocker. Would that coil need a spring on plunger too?

#1009 86 days ago

It looks like the recoil needs something to pull it back out of the coil. That would be the band and the spring.
    The second spring hanging from the brass hook does not look original. I cannot imagine that hook was in there when it was made. It is the wrong material and lacks the strength engineered into these games when they were new.

What year was that game made?

#1010 86 days ago

I looked at some pictures from my 1956 Crossfire. I have pictures of the gun shaft below the deck but never took any pics of the recoil.

#1011 86 days ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

It looks like the recoil needs something to pull it back out of the coil. That would be the band and the spring.
    The second spring hanging from the brass hook does not look original. I cannot imagine that hook was in there when it was made. It is the wrong material and lacks the strength engineered into these games when they were new.
    What year was that game made?

Correct. There is no way that brass hook is original. My Delux game is numbered 1816 matching numbers everywhere. Made in 1955.
    The trick here is going to be where do the springs go? Make the coil plunger recoil, and the bracket just floats above the other one?
    On first coffee, will go back into it in a bit.
    Get some better photos.
    Thank you very much for the help.

#1012 86 days ago

I'm looking at getting my first ball bowler. Are the em ones easier to work on than the solid state ones? Any pros/cons on either?

What would be a fair price on this?

67484310_153113235841594_9147148968784822272_n (resized).jpg
    #1013 86 days ago

If I get a bowler, I'd have to sell my shuffleboard. Not sure how to price it. Anyone have an idea of what to ask for a 12' Champion shuffleboard? Great shape.

#1014 86 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I'm looking at getting my first ball bowler. Are the em ones easier to work on than the solid state ones? Any pros/cons on either?
    What would be a fair price on this?[quoted image]

I have not had experience with the solid state bowlers but last year I completed a full resto of a United 1962 Tropics 16ft ball bowler.

I have to say it was my most enjoyable EM resto. Lots of work and time consuming but so satisfying to see these EM design and engineering masterpieces spring into life. Importantly Chris of St Louis Ball Bowlers is able to provide masterful advice and parts and Mopar on Pinside offers incredible advice on bowlers. If you go the EM route you will ,not be disappointed and nor will your visitors.

canon03032019 002 (resized).JPG

#1015 86 days ago
    Quoted from wayner:

I have not had experience with the solid state bowlers but last year I completed a full resto of a United 1962 Tropics 16ft ball bowler.
    I have to say it was my most enjoyable EM resto. Lots of work and time consuming but so satisfying to see these EM design and engineering masterpieces spring into life. Importantly Chris of St Louis Ball Bowlers is able to provide masterful advice and parts and Mopar on Pinside offers incredible advice on bowlers. If you go the EM route you will ,not be disappointed and nor will your visitors.
    [quoted image]

What do you think of the one in the pic I posted?

#1016 86 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

What do you think of the one in the pic I posted?

That seems to be a 1957 Chicago Coin ball bowler and looks in nice condition. I am not sure the dimension of game functions on that machine. Suggest you give Chris a call or post a pm to Mopar for more definitive advice. What price is on the machine.

#1017 85 days ago
    #1018 83 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Been reloading garage this week after redue of floor.
    Got a coat of carnauba on cabinets, they were dry and needed it.
    My delux gun i found a problem. Any help would be appreciated. It works great but cant figure out this gun clamp with 2 springs. Think bolt or something is completely gone. The kick back coil for gun works. But does the clamp with springs go to it. My other gun game is no help, different set up under gun.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't know if you still need help but these are some pics from my United Delux Carnival Gun. Hope they help?

P1050812 (resized).JPGP1050813 (resized).JPGP1050815 (resized).JPGP1050816 (resized).JPGP1050817 (resized).JPGP1060096 (resized).JPGP1060097 (resized).JPG
    #1019 83 days ago
    Quoted from Swanee:

Don't know if you still need help but these are some pics from my United Delux Carnival Gun. Hope they help?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is so Awesome of you to post pics!!! YES, helped very much! Its it is exactly what I thought.

Quoted from PinballAir:

The clamp with the wing nut is likely there for calibrating the aim ( dialing in the targets). You lock the rifle down while sighting a target, then make sure the stylus is on the correct contact on the bakolite sheet.

Between you and Pinballair you both were very helpful.
    I just need to find the right bolt and hardware now. Get those springs a little better and finally feel by gun coil. It works by the way, just only once a game when I set it right now.

#1020 82 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That is so Awesome of you to post pics!!! YES, helped very much! Its it is exactly what I thought.

Between you and Pinballair you both were very helpful.
    I just need to find the right bolt and hardware now. Get those springs a little better and finally feel by gun coil. It works by the way, just only once a game when I set it right now.

Thank you. I'm very pleased we could help.
    If you need any more info like bolt size or more pictures let me know. Cheers

#1021 79 days ago

New additions into the fold. All lined up ready to be cleaned, fixed and setup.

P1070813 (resized).JPGP1070821 (resized).JPG
    #1022 79 days ago

Yay! Twin Skeet and Super Circus came with original tapes and track players.

P1070823 (resized).JPGP1070828 (resized).JPGP1070818 (resized).JPGP1070829 (resized).JPG
    #1023 79 days ago
    Quoted from Swanee:

Yay! Twin Skeet and Super Circus came with original tapes and track players. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome!

#1024 78 days ago

Finished this up last week and just put into the Basementcade… it's amazing how the grandkids conveniently forget there rolls of nickels, dimes and quarters when they come over.. lol

1966 Midway Captain Kid Finished (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #1025 56 days ago

Stockade sitting pretty with new bright lights and more sounds.

P1080047 (resized).JPGP1080051 (resized).JPGP1080052 (resized).JPG
    #1026 56 days ago

I’m really wanting to get in this club again! Anyone have or no where I could grab an EM gun game project somewhere in Missouri or a few hours outside?

Please help!!

#1027 56 days ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m really wanting to get in this club again! Anyone have or no where I could grab an EM gun game project somewhere in Missouri or a few hours outside?
    Please help!!

I'm not anywhere near Missouri, but I'm about to put this project up for sale hopefully in the next week
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-deluxe-shooting-gallery-restore

1 week later
    #1028 47 days ago

Just finished my Wild Kingdom restoration. I cleaned the interior jungle background, as well as tweaking the faded colors a bit with hobby fluorescent paint. The original lower kick panel was in great shape so I saved that for posterity and tried to color match (John Deere yellow). The green and orange are much brighter as per original found underneath the edge of the coin door. Sorry I don't have any great before pictures but most of these games are pretty rough as you can imagine. Had been broken into on the side access panel, paint was in sad shape and extra security bar fittings on the front.
    Hoping to be able to upgrade the background sound unit to an MP3. I know a couple people have posted about this, if anyone has a plug-and-play device, let me know.
    20191024_181456 (resized).jpg20191024_181406 (resized).jpg20191024_181425 (resized).jpg20191024_181556 (resized).jpg20191024_181627 (resized).jpg

#1029 47 days ago

That looks great. Nice job

#1030 46 days ago

I love these things. If I ever come across one that's as nice as the ones posted here, I'm snatching it up.

#1031 46 days ago

Nice! I have a Wild Kingdom myself. I elected to keep the patina.

#1032 46 days ago

Love the wild kingdom,nice job. Midway makes a great gun game . I have a Midway Capt kid and a twin 45 caliber Silver bullets made by exhibit supply in 1949. Early penny gun game from ABT called Strike A Lite shoots small metal balls to light up score board.

100_4429 (resized).jpg100_4448 (resized).jpg100_4449 (resized).jpg100_4480 (resized).jpg
    #1033 45 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Just finished my Wild Kingdom restoration. I cleaned the interior jungle background, as well as tweaking the faded colors a bit with hobby fluorescent paint. The original lower kick panel was in great shape so I saved that for posterity and tried to color match (John Deere yellow). The green and orange are much brighter as per original found underneath the edge of the coin door. Sorry I don't have any great before pictures but most of these games are pretty rough as you can imagine. Had been broken into on the side access panel, paint was in sad shape and extra security bar fittings on the front.
    Hoping to be able to upgrade the background sound unit to an MP3. I know a couple people have posted about this, if anyone has a plug-and-play device, let me know.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Working on a Wild Kingdom and the Elephant only goes one speed, Fast. Checked the motor control board and it bench tested fine. Even have an extra motor speed control board and it does the same. Have adjusted the pots, taken readings of it and the other pots and they are fine.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    thx

#1034 45 days ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Working on a Wild Kingdom and the Elephant only goes one speed, Fast. Checked the motor control board and it bench tested fine. Even have an extra motor speed control board and it does the same. Have adjusted the pots, taken readings of it and the other pots and they are fine.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    thx

You sound more knowledgeable about these things that I am! LOL. I actually have a problem with my elephant as well it doesn't make any sound when it gets shot. Luckily, the speeds are all okay for my game. Do you have the manual? There is a troubleshooting section in the manual. I got copies of mine through eBay I believe. As well as schematics.

#1035 44 days ago

Yes I have those. I actually worked on it for friend and trying to solve that issue.
    thx

4 weeks later
    #1036 15 days ago

I recently picked up a 1 Million BC gun game from Midway built around 1969. Just curious what the best method is for washing or wiping down the diorama . Overall looks pretty good, just a little dusty. thanks for any help

rob

#1037 15 days ago
    Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I recently picked up a 1 Million BC gun game from Midway built around 1969. Just curious what the best method is for washing or wiping down the diorama . Overall looks pretty good, just a little dusty. thanks for any help

rob

I used a soft bristle dust brush on a couple machines. As long as they don't have rubbed in dirt or grease that should be enough.

#1038 15 days ago
    Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

rob

Small sections of clean paper towel and Q-tips for hard to get at areas works great for me. Just check for how much dirt is being removed often and change as necessary. Last thing you want to do is rub / grind more dirt into the artwork.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 149.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 209.99
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 1038 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside