(Topic ID: 86619)

Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3773 (resized).JPG
    coney island cam (resized).jpg
    20220620_194106 (resized).jpg
    20220620_194116 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1654014328988 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4577 no price (resized).JPG
    IMG_4615 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4614 (resized).jpg
    Game Room (resized).jpg
    2AC7671C-7966-4C97-A691-8018620E2D68 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.
    1 week later
    #652 7 years ago

Took a quick pic of the black light row...love these games!

BLROW_(resized).JPGBLROW_(resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #653 7 years ago

Just Picked up a Chicago Coin ( 1971) 'Defender'. 1 WW1 theme , Shoot Bi Planes out of the sky with twin handled machine gun
    Here is all the paperwork for the game.
    The machine needs a full service, clean and some minor repairs , but i managed to get it to operate , but it's still gummed up atm ,
    The game is at a fellow pinsiders atm , due to space issues!
    I will be working on this game in the morning . Hopefully i'll report back with good news.
    More pics to follow...

DSCF1480_(resized).JPGDSCF1480_(resized).JPG

defend1_(resized).jpgdefend1_(resized).jpg

$(KGrHqYOKjoE3uFdB,o-BN79ImBG6!--_3_(resized).JPG$(KGrHqYOKjoE3uFdB,o-BN79ImBG6!--_3_(resized).JPG

#654 7 years ago

cool! more pics when possible please!

#655 7 years ago

Ask and you shall receive.
    Here are some more pics ,
    Worked on the game all day , Got her going again after a full service and a few minor repairs ,
    All i need now is another of the small Bi- Planes, because one of the planes is broken and has been reglued in the past , but its too brittle the plastic ,
    I will have a look for a replacement . I did notice they have Hong Kong stamped on the plastic underside.
    Very happy indeed with the game so far , All sounds working but i will replacing the caps on the sound cards when i get it home . also i'll restore and repaint the gun etc

DSCF1484_(resized).JPGDSCF1484_(resized).JPG

DSCF1485_(resized).JPGDSCF1485_(resized).JPG

DSCF1486_(resized).JPGDSCF1486_(resized).JPG

#656 7 years ago

that is cool.

#657 7 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

My two.
    Ambush Full auto 500 + rounds in 80 seconds with recoil.
    Stockade holigraphic targets and point values. The 11 variable target values depending on shot selections.

If I ever get one of these it will be an ambush. I love that game. Play the crap out of it every chance I get.

#658 7 years ago

You have the coolest toys Ralph67
    can't wait to have a whirl on this beauty

2 weeks later
    #659 7 years ago

Picked up a bally sharpshooter and in the process of getting it restored by Rich Huff here in the Chicago area. Looks great!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

3 weeks later
    #660 7 years ago

I finished my 1957 Williams Cross Fire gun game.
    Added digital sound option.
    Plays cowboy theme in background ( Clint Eastwood good ,bad and ugly theme) and each target triggers a different sound. Bells still work at the flip of a switch if you are old school.
    All scenery was removed and cut out of birch plywood and then airbrushed and brush painted to match what existed originally.
    Stripped black paint off rifle ( Marlin 100 22 caliper rifle) and re-blued barrel.
    Made white oak frame around back glass to match original.
    Re painted cabinet to match original.

100_0603_(resized).JPG100_0603_(resized).JPG

100_0658_(resized).JPG100_0658_(resized).JPG

100_2482_(resized).JPG100_2482_(resized).JPG

100_2470_(resized).JPG100_2470_(resized).JPG

100_2484_(resized).JPG100_2484_(resized).JPG

100_2479_(resized).JPG100_2479_(resized).JPG

100_0603_(resized).JPG100_0603_(resized).JPG

#661 7 years ago

Beautiful!

#662 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I finished my 1957 Williams Cross Fire gun game.

Beautiful work! Did you replace all the relays with modern ones? Never seen that before.

#664 7 years ago

A beautiful restoration-congrats.

#665 7 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous restore. Brings back fond memories of me childhood.

#666 7 years ago

Thank you !

The black relay assembly in the middle is the sound board.
    I used a WAV trigger board ( Red PCB at top left of black sound board) and the banks of relays are the way I used the 50v pulse from the machine to close contacts and trigger the sounds.
    Also on the board I added a counter.
    For most of the sounds, I wired 2 wires from each original solenoid for the target to the coil on the ice cube relay. Then I connected the switch contact for each sound on the normally open contacts of the relay.When the target is "hit" the coil on the target gets 50 volts to make it drop. That same 50v closes my relay and makes the contacts to activate the corresponding sound.

#667 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Re painted cabinet to match original.

Ok how did you do the paint? My Vanguard has the similar green with white specks paint

--Jeff

#668 7 years ago

I bought a air powered drywall popcorn sprayer from Harbor Freight for $26.
    It came with 3 or 4 different size spray nozzles.
    I used the smallest nozzle.
    I used straight latex paint and varied the air pressure and distance and sprayed cardboard. The paint spits out of the gun.
    I got everything where I wanted it and I wrote all of the particulars down.

I had the lighter green mixed at Aubuchon.
    I rolled the entire cabinet with the lighter green.
    I sprayed the white. (speckle)
    I also sprayed the lighter green over the white to get the exact look I wanted. (speckle)
    The I added a darker green that I had from another machine to the lighter green in a second can. I wanted it to be similar but darker . Not a lot darker but enough to be different.
    I sprayed the darker green as a "toner". (speckle)
    With some planning and some practice it is done in a weekend.

100_2061_(resized).JPG100_2061_(resized).JPG

100_2054_(resized).JPG100_2054_(resized).JPG

#670 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

My Vanguard has the similar green with white specks paint

Jeff,
    I was looking for Vanguard and only found one advertisement for it.
    Where are the balls that you are shooting?
    It looks like a traditional gun set up with the "wiper" contact arm below.
    Do you shoot targets to launch the balls ?
    Cliff

#671 7 years ago

Wiper arms as with most williams. The balls are handballs and bounce about as you shoot them.
    Object is to get a bingo and hit the bonus button.

So you either shoot at a ball or the targets to launch the line or balls or when the all balls light is lit shoot at that target.
    -Jeff

20160729_182402_(resized).jpg20160729_182402_(resized).jpg
    20160729_182355_(resized).jpg20160729_182355_(resized).jpg

#672 7 years ago

thats cool.
    I am thinking it launches the balls at start-up and you play the hand you are dealt.
    Plenty of options but it really requires some luck as well.
    Cool game.

#673 7 years ago

Here's a 1953 Genco Sky Gunner I just picked up.

#675 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

OK thats fucking sweet.

Ditto.
    Virtual gun game way before it was invented.
    Cliff

#676 7 years ago

I’m excited to add a 1974 Kasco Untouchable to my line-up. This unusual EM arcade game evokes a Bonnie & Clyde sensibility. The player controls a treadmill belt with an accelerator pedal, while simultaneously steering a 1930s police car and shooting at gangsters. Points are scored when the player’s shot, a front headlight beam, strikes a photoelectric cell on the rear of the villain’s escape car. Gun shot audio is produced by a tube amplifier when the trigger is squeezed. An 8-track tape creates background sound. The gangsters shoot back at the police car, but for effect only. The blue gangster moves laterally to mimic aiming at the police, as his car drifts. The gameplay is timed, as tracked on the backglass. My Kasco Ninja Gun EM arcade has the same timer. Frankly, Kasco Untouchable is so scarce and expensive that I considered it an “untouchable” Holy Grail. I feel quite lucky to have acquired this one. Below are photos of my game, before it was prepared for transport. Additionally, below are 3 video clip links, posted by other owners of this game.
    Best overall video:

Close-up video with classical music:

Lights off video:

Picture_4450_(resized).jpgPicture_4450_(resized).jpg

Picture_4451_(resized).jpgPicture_4451_(resized).jpg

IMG_7409_(resized).jpgIMG_7409_(resized).jpg

Picture_4438_(resized).jpgPicture_4438_(resized).jpg

IMG_7403_(resized).jpgIMG_7403_(resized).jpg

Picture_4449_(resized).jpgPicture_4449_(resized).jpg

Picture_4436_(resized).jpgPicture_4436_(resized).jpg

S_Untouchable_by_Kasco_(resized).jpgS_Untouchable_by_Kasco_(resized).jpg

#677 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I’m excited to add a 1974 Kasco Untouchable to my line-up. This unusual EM arcade game evokes a Bonnie & Clyde sensibility. The player controls a treadmill belt with an accelerator pedal, while simultaneously steering a 1930s police car and shooting at gangsters. Points are scored when the player’s shot, a front headlight beam, strikes a photoelectric cell on the rear of the villain’s escape car. Gun shot audio is produced by a tube amplifier when the trigger is squeezed. An 8-track tape creates background sound. The gangsters shoot back at the police car, but for effect only. The blue gangster moves laterally to mimic aiming at the police, as his car drifts. The gameplay is timed, as tracked on the backglass. My Kasco Ninja Gun EM arcade has the same timer. Frankly, Kasco Untouchable is so scarce and expensive that I considered it an “untouchable” Holy Grail. I feel quite lucky to have acquired this one. Below are photos of my game, before it was prepared for transport. Additionally, below are 3 video clip links, posted by other owners of this game.
    Best overall video:
    » YouTube video
    Close-up video with classical music:
    » YouTube video
    Lights off video:
    » YouTube video

Wow that's awesome. That would fit in so well with my gangster themed game room.

#678 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I’m excited to add a 1974 Kasco Untouchable to my line-up.

That is super cool. This is about the time I was hanging out at bowling alleys and hobby shops (anyone from Detroit remember Tiny Tim's?) but I don't ever remember seeing this game. I definitely would have been pumping some quarters into this!

#679 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I’m excited to add a 1974 Kasco Untouchable to my line-up.

What a trip through memory lane! Pitty to get my bubble busted, I thought I was goot at the game back in the days, as the gangsters never had killed me.

4 weeks later
    #680 7 years ago

Restoring my midway gangbusters

Missing the lens (prism) from the
    Tommy gun , any help would be appreciated

#681 7 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Restoring my midway gangbusters
    Missing the lens (prism) from the
    Tommy gun , any help would be appreciated

I have that game here , i could take some measurements of the lens for you if needed , have you tried johns jukes in canada, he could have some
    You could possibly try a old Lens from a set of binoculars , there should be a small second lens inside them. with a bit of grinding down it could work, or maybe even a cheap telescope might have a suitable lens ...

1 week later
    #682 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

also i'll restore and repaint the gun etc

Small update on the CC Defender Machine Gun.
    I have started to restore the gun parts , Still waiting on decals to be made for the Main body part and Drum.
    Parts were sandblasted then repainted satin black and charcoal ,
    First pic is the gun before .
    DSCF1486.jpg.1 (resized).jpgDSCF1486.jpg.1 (resized).jpg
    Last pics show the new paint job, I also re did the Red and the White tip on the barrel 'sight'
    20160913_220313 (resized).jpg20160913_220313 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1518 (resized).JPGDSCF1518 (resized).JPG

DSCF1513 (resized).JPGDSCF1513 (resized).JPG

#683 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

I have that game here , i could take some measurements of the lens for you if needed , have you tried johns jukes in canada, he could have some
    You could possibly try a old Lens from a set of binoculars , there should be a small second lens inside them. with a bit of grinding down it could work, or maybe even a cheap telescope might have a suitable lens ...

Thank you for the feedback

1 week later
    #684 7 years ago

Just picked up a Williams 1959 Titan shooting game. Doesn't work but hopefully I'll get it going.. Price check anyone?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#685 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Williams 1959 Titan shooting game.

very nice. I have the Vanguard. Super fun game

-Jeff

13239052_10154277203168901_7835171306672557062_n (resized).jpg13239052_10154277203168901_7835171306672557062_n (resized).jpg

#686 7 years ago

That vanguard looks pretty sweet! I was hoping I could find a video online of one but that doesn't seem to be the case.

When looking closer at mine last night I noticed it was missing a few 10amp fuses, but I also saw a normal line missing a fuse too. What size is the Normal Line fuse? I don't see an amp for it?

#687 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

That would fit in so well with my gangster themed game room.

Something like this???

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #688 7 years ago

Last update on the CC Defender Machine gun,
    Some pics of the finished gun .
    Gun body and drum were re painted Charcoal , But the photos make it look a bit lighter than it is ..
    I had the silver decals made for the box and drum, through a singwriter friend , He applied the decals .
    They did stuff them up and print 5 of the same side , instead of mirror image , But i had the correct one made , and ended up with spares.
    I cleared over them with a Satin Clear , 3 coats. 1st coat i did was light . Really happy with the results ...

DSCF1544 (resized).JPGDSCF1544 (resized).JPG

DSCF1538 (resized).JPGDSCF1538 (resized).JPG

DSCF1547 (resized).JPGDSCF1547 (resized).JPG

DSCF1537 (resized).JPGDSCF1537 (resized).JPG

#689 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

Last update on the CC Defender Machine gun,
    Some pics of the finished gun .
    Gun body and drum were re painted Charcoal , But the photos make it look a bit lighter than it is ..
    I had the silver decals made for the box and drum, through a singwriter friend , He applied the decals .
    They did stuff them up and print 5 of the same side , instead of mirror image , But i had the correct one made , and ended up with spares.
    I cleared over them with a Satin Clear , 3 coats. 1st coat i did was light . Really happy with the results ...

Looks great!

#690 7 years ago

it likely looks better than when it was originally made.

#691 7 years ago

Thanks guys . nice comments
    I've seen so much great work on Pinside ,restoration wise i'm still amazed!
    I love seeing any EM games being rebuilt ,restored, repaired and brought back to life ...

Originally it had a clear coat over the paint and artwork and was quite a good job from factory.
    But! Paintwork had rust under the paint etc and it needed a refresh.
    The Ali handles were almost polished from years of use , I did think of just polishing them up , but trying to get it as close to original , I painted them Satin Black , along with barrel and sights .

PS
    If anyone needs the file for the graphics on the CC Defender i should be able to get hold of them for use .
    Ralph

2 weeks later
    #692 7 years ago

Does anyone have a digital file of the "Apollo moon shot" EM game? I purchased one in good working order but the cabinet was (poorly) painted.

#693 7 years ago

I've got my nice Ambush rifle in the marketplace. $1500

#694 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deluxodave:

"Apollo moon shot" EM game?

That game looks cool.

Maybe you could remove the paint with Xylene and the original art would be underneath.
    Then you could make new stencils.

#695 7 years ago

Anybody got a nice sniper em shooter that they would sell me?

#696 7 years ago

Any guns for sale? My Apollo Moon Shot is in desperate need

IMG_1307 (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (resized).JPG

IMG_1309 (resized).JPGIMG_1309 (resized).JPG

IMG_1312 (resized).JPGIMG_1312 (resized).JPG

#697 7 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Any guns for sale

Most of the rifles on em gun games are real rifles.
    On the game I have the stock and barrel are a Marlin model 100 .22 cal. It includes the firing pin assembly and the sight.
    If you can figure out what CC used on that game your options of buying something that fits become more varied.

#698 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Most of the rifles on em gun games are real rifles.
    On the game I have the stock and barrel are a Marlin model 100 .22 cal. It includes the firing pin assembly and the sight.
    If you can figure out what CC used on that game your options of buying something that fits become more varied.

Thanks!
    My son will love this news

#699 7 years ago

just look at the gun barrel. it will be marked who made it (probably Remington) and which model number it is (usually 510 or 512). Then go to ebay and buy a new stock. will cost about $20 to $50 usually. for example:
    ebay.com link: Remington model 512 22 Rifle stock good used stock easy refinish paint spot

#700 7 years ago

Thanks! It's a Remington 514 22 short. Just ordered the stock on eBay. Does anyone have any info on how the trigger switch works?

Quoted from cfh:just look at the gun barrel. it will be marked who made it (probably Remington) and which model number it is (usually 510 or 512). Then go to ebay and buy a new stock. will cost about $20 to $50 usually. for example:
    ebay.com link » Remington Model 512 22 Rifle Stock Good Used Stock Easy Refinish Paint Spot

There are 1,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.