monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 8 years ago

Bigger faster stronger. Cool look at steroids in America. Check it out

3 weeks later
#265 8 years ago

Watched a 2003 horror film called Dead End last night. Really enjoyed it!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

4 months later
#313 8 years ago

I've enjoyed this thread and realized its been in a month long slump, time for a bump.

I just burned through the series Legit on Netflix over the last week. It also happens to feature some pinball machines, a Pinbot and Airborne Avenger to draw some of us pinheads in.

The series features stand up comedian Jim Jefferies, who I happen to already enjoy, and the show had me laughing hysterically at times and crying at others. It really made me feel things (I believe most people refer to them as emotions). My girlfriend often gives me a hard time because I don't have a lot of emotion, nothing up or down, I'm just pretty satisfied with life which to me is happy, but to her is troubling that I don't jump with joy over many things and on the opposite end don't fall into tears at the drop of a hat. Anyway I remember when the series came out and I said I should check it out but for whatever reason I never did. I would see commercials for it because I would watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League (two great shows) on the same network, but I even with those previews I didn't know exactly what the show was about and just never made the time to tune in. I got the impression it was just a semi-autobiographical show about a stand up comic with sex addiction based on the previews. Well now having watched the full series I can tell you that my assumption was partially correct, but it really only makes up a tiny tiny portion of the shows story lines. The show is really the story of three friends all struggling with their own problems together, its tells you that nobody's family is normal, deals with lost love, the what could have been, and how to be an adult. Their is sex, drugs, and other adult themes prevalent through the show.

The show also did an amazing job of casting actors with special needs / disabilities. They are integral to the story lines of the show, and aren't just used as jokes, but are treated as equal humans, often with their lives together more so than many of the main characters. As someone who has worked with special needs children and adults it really hit a cord with me. Anyway if you need a good laugh, or hell maybe even a good cry check it out. I was very sad to realize the show had been canceled after only two seasons, and really ends on a bit of a cliffhanger which actually kept me up all night thinking about it today, the what would have been next for the characters of the show....its going to make for a very long day as I sit here at my desk at work. I'm hoping that maybe it is a show that Netflix would be interested in bringing back and continuing in the near future since FX seems to be done with it as a network. I strongly recommend the show, and Jim if you ever cruise pinside and get a chance to read this, I just want to say thank you for the great show and sorry for not watching it sooner. It truly brought me great enjoyment. -Tommy Skinner

SPOILER ALERT*****DONT READ IF YOU WANT EVERY MOMENT OF THE SHOW TO BE A PLEASANT SURPRISE

Lastly, if Jim being willing to give Billy (Billy has MS and can't use his hands) a hand-job for his online webcam girlfriend isn't the most loving act of friendship you have ever seen then I think you are a cold heartless person. I don't think a moment so awkward and funny has had me laughing and crying so hard at the same time. As dumb as that whole idea sounds I was left thinking who of my friends do I truly love enough to give a hand-job to? Who would do that for me? Think about it yourself. It really put a lot of friendships and love into perspective.

1 month later
#330 8 years ago

Trailer Park Boys newest season was very good.

5 months later
#384 7 years ago

If you like horror at all I recommend a movie I just found called Honeymoon.....slowly creepy, but I really liked it. Not crazy gory or anything like a lot of modern stuff, but just enough creepiness to keep you uncomfortable for almost the entire film

1 week later
#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Me and the wife watched this on your recommendation......not bad. It started off very corny/lovey dovey like but the story kept us preoccupied with what was going to happen next. I enjoyed the ending and was hoping for more....ah well. Nice watch all around.
Another movie on Netflix that has people in a cabin in the woods that was really intriguing was a movie called HUSH......that has to be my best find yet since these movies can be very hit or miss with the Indie types. I get into the creepy/scary ones more......doesn't haven't to be all blood n' gore. I like developed story/plot lines.

Glad you enjoyed it. I've been meaning to get to Hush I'll check it out soon. Fall comes in and all I want is horror films.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just got done watching Stranger Things and absolutely loved it. The cinematography and characters were excellent. I really liked the throwback. It was like Goonies meets X-Files.
I also am wondering what they can do with the second season, it seems like they ended it pretty well? My wife also cracked out on this series-best series since Game of Thrones.
I flippin love the theme song for Stranger Things. It reminds me of Tron mixed with a little Halloween (Michael Myers)
Turn up your stereo and bass-Super rad! This theme song is now my favorite Sci-Fi/Horror theme song...
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Definitely downloaded stranger things soundtrack

3 weeks later
#413 7 years ago

I love American Horror Story, but so far the Hotel season has been very very hard to get into, just seems too weird and gory compared to previous seasons, but I'm only like 2 episodes in so I will keep giving it a chance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.