monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 8 years ago

A few titles that I was pleasantly surprised by lately that should still be streaming:

Beyond the Lights
An Honest Liar
Bring me the Head of the Machine Gun Woman
Conan the Barbarian (finally saw it)
Garfunkel and Oates
The Island of Dr. Moreau (original)
Zombeavers

Tucker & Dale vs. evil has been streaming forever, but yeah that one is fantastic.

All great for completely different reasons.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

There was another great thriller/mystery on Netflix around the same time as "Let the right one in." Anybody remember it? It was also on around the time Transsiberian was available.

Which version of Let the right one in? They were both around for a while I think. Remember anything else about it? Sounds like it was probably a horror/suspense type thriller? Sci-fi or no? Children involved? Setting? Maybe Honeymoon? It Follows? The One I Love? Almost Human? It Follows was quite good. As was The One I Love. Different ends of the thriller category though.

Also, some other great ones that I just checked and are still up:

Sushi Girl. The less I say, the better. It's fantastic.
Honeymoon was an fresh thriller, not sure if that's what you're referring to.
Oculus was also incredible. Really reminded me of House of Leaves or a really good Lovecraft story.
Danger 5.
Welcome to the Jungle. Quite funny.

#82 8 years ago

There are a few versions of Metropolis floating around on streaming, at one point they had the "original" pre-2010 rediscovery rerelease as well as the extended version and one or two different versions of the score.

The first time I ever saw Nosferatu, I was listening to Antics by Interpol on a loop and the film and alboum are forever linked in my head. Still hear the lyrics running in the background when I watch it. Kind of weird, but it works.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is also available streaming and definitely worth a watch if you enjoy 20s films.

3 weeks later
#169 8 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Also if you like sci-fi then check out the crazy series called Black Mirror. It is fantastic.

Skip the first episode until you've watched the rest.

4 months later
#310 8 years ago

Anyone else streaming on Amazon Prime? I've been really impressed with the massive library of schlocky exploitation fare they've accumulated just recently. Troma titles I've never heard of before, regional underground releases, and more terribad 80s Euro knockoffs and weird zombie movies than you can shake a stick at. All kinds of good stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.