monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 8 years ago

Not a movie, but if you like to laugh check out the TV show "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23". The titular bitch is played by Krysten Ritter. Otherwise known as the chick who pulled a Hendrix in Breaking Bad. You also get James Van Der Beek playing (and mocking) himself, spinning pure comedic gold in the process. Well worth a watch in my opinion.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

OH! And my 2nd favorite movie of all time is also streaming right now: Once Upon a Time in the West

Nice! For the longest time, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and "Once Upon a Time in the West" were my two favorite movies. Can't go wrong with Leone!

2 weeks later
#170 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Not on Netflix instant but Bad lieutenant port of call New Orleans is a MUST watch for nick cage fans

YES!!! Nic takes the batshit crazy all the way to 11 in that movie. I don't think it is possible for him to top the performance.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Con Air
The Rock
Two more guilty pleasures.

Don't forget the awesomeness that is Drive Angry!

I watch them all proudly. No guilt here.

#193 8 years ago

I love that this has turned into a Nic Cage appreciation thread.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#197 8 years ago

In the spirit of merging the thread back together, I checked just now and there are 15 Nic Cage movies streaming on Netflix at the moment. Most of them are the direct to video variety he has been cranking out constantly to pay his back taxes, but there are a few quality Cage joints on there like...

National Treasure
Lord of War
Snake Eyes

Even some of the stuff that either barely made it to or bypassed theaters completely stuff isn't bad. Trespass and Seeking Justice were both decent anyway.

Then there is the oddity that is Outcast. I'm sure it is terrible, but I have to watch it after seeing this image. It looks so bad it has to be great.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#199 8 years ago

Oh, and where is the Mel Gibson love at?

Payback and it's spiritual successor Get the Gringo are both streaming!

#205 8 years ago

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but "In the Loop" is a British flick that is well worth watching and is streaming now.

Peter Capaldi is gloriously profane throughout the entire movie. Hilarious from start to finish.

Here's one particularly high quality scene:

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In case anyone hasn't seen it, the best movie ever made in the history of cinema is streaming on Netflix.
Lawrence of Arabia

Close. Personally, I'd rank it 2nd.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

SWE1, obviously.

Quoted from RobT:

What's your number one?

2001: A Space Odyssey

This isn't my favorite film, but I do feel it is the most well crafted film ever made.

#240 8 years ago

I've never been big on Dr. Strangelove. The only parts that hold my interest are the ones involving George C. Scott. He is pure comedic gold in that movie. Sellers on the other hand, always feels like he's trying way too hard to be funny. This one is middle of the road Kubrick for me.

I'll likely get crucified for this, but after 2001 I would rank Eyes Wide Shut as his next best film. It really is an underrated masterpiece in my eyes.

Sadly neither are on Netflix as far as I know.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well crafted indeed. Kubrick is a master. But for me, the writing/story line (is there one?) is too vague to consider it the best ever made. I realize that many people consider that one of the films great strengths though.

Yeah, it is a very polarizing film (understandably so). It seems to be the sort of film that people can easily respect, but find hard to love.

To me it is more about the experience than anything else. It combines sound with the moving image in a way that no other movie has. Art in cinematic form and all that jazz.

I like that the film itself can be interpreted in many ways or not at all in order to be enjoyed. At a base level it can be viewed as the evolution of man, others interpret it as a cautionary tale about technology, and for others it is the ultimate trip.

I have had some great filmgoing experiences in my life, but the greatest is definitely the time I saw 2001 in the theater when it was re-released in 2001. Saw it on the Ultrascreen with a friend of mine. Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite blows away anything else I've ever seen on the big screen.

So for me, I guess it is the ultimate trip.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I disagree about Sellers. Out of the three characters he portrays, Dr. Strangelove is the only one that is over the top. The other two characters feature some of the best and most subtle acting of his career. How can you not think this is one of the funniest scenes ever put on film?
» YouTube video

Yep. He was fine as this particular character, but his Strangelove performance was absurd and the part he plays opposite Sterling Hayden was pretty forgettable. Different strokes.

I will say that Dr. Strangelove is one of those movies I like less with each viewing. Some movies are like that for me for whatever reason. A lot of the Marvel movies suffer from this affliction as well.

3 weeks later
#287 8 years ago

Watching First Blood right now. Been awhile since I've seen it. Always a good time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here?tu=jarjarisgod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.