monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geocab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 8 years ago

Big Trouble Little China if that's still streaming. Such a fun, goofy movie. Supposedly being remade with Dwayne Johnson.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Movies
Kung Fu Hustle -- Stephen Chow at his best
Big Trouble in Little China -- A John Carpenter action comedy deftly turning the white guy needs to save us trope on its head
5th Element -- One cup comedy + a pinch of scifi and a dash of Die Hard
The God of Cookery -- Stephen Chow at his weirdest
Stardust -- Hey, is that the guy from Daredevil and why is Robert De Niro dancing in a dress?
Hot Fuzz -- Edgar Wright, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg's dark take on the buddy cop genre
The Great Escape and then watch Chicken Run
Shows
Daredevil -- It's got pinball!
IT Crowd -- Have you tried turning it off and on again (a must for anyone that has ever worked in IT)
The Guild -- MMO distilled
Luther - Not your typical English crime drama
Cosmos -- A bit of science nerdery

Great list! I've seen most of those and agree completely.

Stardust was a nice gem I knew nothing about and really enjoyed it. Robert De Niro was really funny and I can always look at MIchelle Pfiefer.

Hot Fuzz is even better if you've seen Shawn of the Dead beforehand as there are jokes that carry over.

Definitely will have to check out the ones I haven't seen as you seem to be in tune with my interests including your avatar.

#75 8 years ago

TV:

Psych

It's a buddy detective comedy. Really fun show and ended on a good note.

Burn Notice

Fun action show about a burned CIA operative who while trying to get back in the CIA also helps innocent people along the way fight off scam artists, drug lords, etc. Really good for the first 4 seasons, then trails off a little as they go on. I thought the finale was terrible. Made no sense to end it the way they did in my opinion.

#89 8 years ago

Whoa! JMS did Sense8? Adding to my queue now....

#92 8 years ago

Well I did enjoy the first Matrix. Lol

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is Oculus the one with the hot redhead from Doctor Who?

Yes

#117 8 years ago

Just watched first episode of Sense 8. Interesting start. Definitely intrigued. Glad it's on Netflix. If this were network tv with commercials, I wouldn't make it through it.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sense 8 moves very slowly. They could have cut the episodes in half and made a much better series.

After 4 episodes so far, I'm hooked.

#131 8 years ago

Just finished Sense8. I liked it, but agree that it was a tad slow in parts. Hope we get a lot more like the finale next season. But if JMS has the same 5 year plan as B5, it'll be like a novel, beginning, middle, and end. Definitely should pick up a bit next season.

1 week later
#156 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The Man from Nowhere was worth watching.

Is this the one that has the eyes in a glass tube or jar at the end? If so, I really liked it but saw it a long time ago.

The Raid needs to make its way to Netflix streaming...

#172 8 years ago

Face/off is an all-time favorite of mine.

#182 8 years ago

Con Air
The Rock

Two more guilty pleasures.

#188 8 years ago

Another Nic Cage movie I like is Knowing and it's really only because of the plane crash scene. Fantastic home theater demo scene. Starts off subtle and quiet, then you're surrounded by rain, then loud crashing, explosions, fire, lots of deep bass. Awesome. Don't remember the rest of the movie except the ending, which disappointed me.

#191 8 years ago

Another Cage film, Bangkok dangerous. I just looked it up and rotten tomatoes has it at 9 percent. I really enjoyed that one.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Oh, and where is the Mel Gibson love at?
Payback and it's spiritual successor Get the Gringo are both streaming!

I liked Payback, I have the bluray that has both the director's cut and theatrical cut and I can't remember which version I like best. Didn't see Gringo yet.

Another good one of his that is streaming is Conspiracy Theory.

1 week later
#217 8 years ago

Probably licensing issues.

#220 8 years ago

I just saw that Person of Interest is now available on Netflix. I love that show. At least the first two seasons. Not sure I saw the third.

#252 8 years ago

So on the previous page I mentioned Person of Interest is now streaming. I just finished the 4th episode and I remember this was the episode that finally hooked me for good. The ending was very well done and different. Unfortunately work got in the way to watch regularly so I ended up buying the bluray sets which were later stolen from me so I'm glad I can now binge watch again on Netflix.

If you haven't seen the show and like action or shows like the original Fugitive, I highly recommend watching this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geocab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here?tu=geocab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.