monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 8 years ago

Here are some personal favorites. I believe they are all still streaming:

Documentaries:

Life 2.0 - follows a few people that are obsessed with Second Life.
All This Mayhem - about the Papas brothers (professional skaters from down under)
The Imposter - totally weird and messed up. You can't believe it's a true story.

Horror/thriller:
Old Boy - the original movie, not the remake. Simply a must watch if you like horror/trillers..
Thankskilling - Campy, and amazing.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Any good Rob? The ratings on it were a tad low so I haven't taken the plunge yet.

I watched the first few episodes and it was pretty awful IMO.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

And if you like Oldboy. Try I saw the Devil.

Say no more. Added to my list. Thanks!

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Kung Fu Hustle -- Stephen Chow at his best

One of my favorite movies.

Have you seen shaolin soccer? I believe you can get that on Netflix too.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

This was painful to watch

Oh yeah. And I thought I was weird.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I guess my idea of a great thriller is The Fugitive, so less supernatural/horror and more mystery/suspense.

"He had a mechanical arm! You find this man!"

Haha. Seriously though, if the fugitive is your bag, hit up Manchurian Candidate, or Old Boy that was mentioned before. Old boy definitely is darker, but definitely a thriller.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Old Boy was good, and yes, very dark. Others I liked:
Gone Baby Gone
Blood Work
Se7en
Jennifer 8
The Spanish Prisoner
No Way Out
Usual Suspects
Identity
Shutter Island
The Prestige
The Illusionist
LA Confidential
The Game
Unfortunately I'm guessing most of those are not on Netflix right now.

Yeah I'd say at least half of these aren't. If seen most of these. Some great ones in there.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It reminded me a little bit of the movie "Moon" with Sam Rockwell which is another one of my favorites.

I loved Moon. Got to check out this Ex Machina too I guess then.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wet Hot American Summer!!! ...and then watch the PREQUEL series that debuts tomorrow where everyone is still playing teenagers even though they're 15 years older lol

Dude. this new series is ridiculous. My wife and I love it!

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I gotta say after being so hyped up I was a little disappointed. I feel like I got more of these characters in the 1 1/2 hr movie than in the 4 hr series. It wasn't quite as absurd as the movie and it relied a bit too much repeating jokes and focusing too much on "origin" stories. I mean, I'm glad they made it, I got some laughs out of it...but the movie is so so so so so so much better.

Okay. I will watch the movie too. I guess I liked it more cause I have never seen the movie before.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG dude, watch it ASAP! If you liked the show you'll love the movie.
Wow, I'm just thinking how weird it must be to watch it "in reverse" but technically the right order lol. For you it will feel like a sequel! Yet Coop is 100 lbs lighter on the last day of camp lol.

The movie was great. I still can't believe that one escaped me for so long.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Django Unchained
Jamie Fox, Samuel L. Jackson, Leonardo DiCaprio.
Twisted humor, and excessive violence.
Definitely not a date movie, its more of, late night sitting on the couch with my dog, kind of movie.
Typical Tarantino, I enjoyed it.

Haha. This movie was one of the best date nights my wife and I have had.

#129 8 years ago

Now we're talking. Haha.

Quoted from gottem:

V/H/S (the first is the best, the others..okay at best)

Completely forgot about these. First one is a must watch.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Watched The Babadook last night. It's a well done movie, with a slightly slow pace that adds tension gradually. For me the payoff didn't quite live up to the slow build up, but it was still a very good movie overall. Loved the acting of the young boy. In many ways this movie is less about horror than it is about life and how a tragedy can have such a psychological impact on a long term basis.

This is like dead on what my opinion was as well. Great movie.

2 weeks later
#163 8 years ago

Did someone mention America's book of secrets yet? Started watching these last night, and if you like American history at all, this is a must watch.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love a good Nicolas Cage movie. LOL

Haha. He is probably my guilty pleasure actor. Don't tell anyone.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Speaking of Mr. Cage, I just came up to watch some TV before going to sleep, and Gone in 60 Seconds is on.
That might keep me up for a bit.

I am a baaaaad man

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

granted the lions share of his work isn't the best, he has made some absolutely amazing films. My faves in order:
Raising Arizona
Leaving Las vegas
Birdy
Adaptation
Bad Lieutenant
Wild at Heart
Bringing out the dead

I actually liked Lord of War too. but there are some good ones in your list for sure.

#192 8 years ago

Snake eyes is a pretty cool conspiracy movie with cage in it.

3 months later
#302 8 years ago

How to make a murderer is a must watch! 10 episode documentary series about a man who was wrongfully sentenced and spent 18 years in prison.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I don't normally watch shows like this but I am on episode 5 right now and finding it riveting.
Is it a little drawn out? Probably, but it's a fascinating story nonetheless.

I'm a sucker for shows to begin with, but I was pacing around the house all hot and bothered watching that series. Screaming at the tv at points with my wife. Pausing the show and discussing with the wife too. So addicting.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh man, I just hit 3 episodes of how to make a murderer last night, I remember all this happening when he got out and then that girl disappeared. Creepy shit!
2 things from the few episodes I watched.....his lawyers were sure disappointed they didn't get to dig their claws deeper into that lawsuit money.....and being stupid isn't a defense that you didn't know any better.
@Chuck, my wife and I were doing the same thing, pausing and commenting......One thing we both came away with was only specific people involved know what really happened and its hard to really say he was railroaded on the more recent prison term.

Haha. Not sure how too close to home that was for you, but I agree. We don't know what actually happened but they did a great job of making the audience all about the defendant

1 year later
#445 7 years ago

Just watched The Wailing. It's an Asian horror movie. Pretty awesome. Has subtitles. Definitely worth the watch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.