monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 8 years ago

Really enjoyed Europa Report and Side Effects for what they were - just solid movies in their respective genres.

Also watched Once Upon a Time in the West. Enjoyed it, but agree with some of the criticism here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/board/thread/248099408

The problem is that, due to length, I don't really feel like re-watching it to see how it holds up on a second viewing.

2 months later
#302 8 years ago

How to make a murderer is a must watch! 10 episode documentary series about a man who was wrongfully sentenced and spent 18 years in prison.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How to make a murderer is a must watch! 10 episode documentary series about a man who was wrongfully sentenced and spent 18 years in prison.

I don't normally watch shows like this but I am on episode 5 right now and finding it riveting.

Is it a little drawn out? Probably, but it's a fascinating story nonetheless.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I don't normally watch shows like this but I am on episode 5 right now and finding it riveting.
Is it a little drawn out? Probably, but it's a fascinating story nonetheless.

I'm a sucker for shows to begin with, but I was pacing around the house all hot and bothered watching that series. Screaming at the tv at points with my wife. Pausing the show and discussing with the wife too. So addicting.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just finished it and really enjoyed it too. I thought the last couple of episodes kind of dragged on, maybe because I was less interested in the kid's case and it was a lot of courtroom drama. I stayed up until 6am watching the first 6 episodes in one go a few days ago, really great stuff.

#306 8 years ago

Oh man, I just hit 3 episodes of how to make a murderer last night, I remember all this happening when he got out and then that girl disappeared. Creepy shit!

2 things from the few episodes I watched.....his lawyers were sure disappointed they didn't get to dig their claws deeper into that lawsuit money.....and being stupid isn't a defense that you didn't know any better.

@Chuck, my wife and I were doing the same thing, pausing and commenting......One thing we both came away with was only specific people involved know what really happened and its hard to really say he was railroaded on the more recent prison term.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh man, I just hit 3 episodes of how to make a murderer last night, I remember all this happening when he got out and then that girl disappeared. Creepy shit!
2 things from the few episodes I watched.....his lawyers were sure disappointed they didn't get to dig their claws deeper into that lawsuit money.....and being stupid isn't a defense that you didn't know any better.
@Chuck, my wife and I were doing the same thing, pausing and commenting......One thing we both came away with was only specific people involved know what really happened and its hard to really say he was railroaded on the more recent prison term.

Haha. Not sure how too close to home that was for you, but I agree. We don't know what actually happened but they did a great job of making the audience all about the defendant

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Not sure how too close to home that was for you, but I agree. We don't know what actually happened but they did a great job of making the audience all about the defendant

It's about 2 hours north from me but it was all over any local news in Wi.

Wi is hot in weirdos, Dahmer and Geine.....

One my lady friends from hi school, her older sister was found dead in a hotel room..... Vicki Schneider.....I'll have to go back and look at it. Some drifter was ID but I can't remember if they pinned the murder on him. Really sad, my friend was such a sweetheart and it devastated her obviously.

1 week later
#309 8 years ago

I binged watched NARCOS. Great show even though I hate subtitles.

#310 8 years ago

Anyone else streaming on Amazon Prime? I've been really impressed with the massive library of schlocky exploitation fare they've accumulated just recently. Troma titles I've never heard of before, regional underground releases, and more terribad 80s Euro knockoffs and weird zombie movies than you can shake a stick at. All kinds of good stuff.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Netflix series 'Peaky Blinders' is really good

I also really enjoyed Peaky Blinders it reminded me of HBOs Sopranos, Deadwood, and Boardwalk series. can't wait for the next season.

#312 8 years ago

I'm finishing up Bloodline which is also really good. I heard good things about Making a Murderer.

3 weeks later
#313 8 years ago

I've enjoyed this thread and realized its been in a month long slump, time for a bump.

I just burned through the series Legit on Netflix over the last week. It also happens to feature some pinball machines, a Pinbot and Airborne Avenger to draw some of us pinheads in.

The series features stand up comedian Jim Jefferies, who I happen to already enjoy, and the show had me laughing hysterically at times and crying at others. It really made me feel things (I believe most people refer to them as emotions). My girlfriend often gives me a hard time because I don't have a lot of emotion, nothing up or down, I'm just pretty satisfied with life which to me is happy, but to her is troubling that I don't jump with joy over many things and on the opposite end don't fall into tears at the drop of a hat. Anyway I remember when the series came out and I said I should check it out but for whatever reason I never did. I would see commercials for it because I would watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League (two great shows) on the same network, but I even with those previews I didn't know exactly what the show was about and just never made the time to tune in. I got the impression it was just a semi-autobiographical show about a stand up comic with sex addiction based on the previews. Well now having watched the full series I can tell you that my assumption was partially correct, but it really only makes up a tiny tiny portion of the shows story lines. The show is really the story of three friends all struggling with their own problems together, its tells you that nobody's family is normal, deals with lost love, the what could have been, and how to be an adult. Their is sex, drugs, and other adult themes prevalent through the show.

The show also did an amazing job of casting actors with special needs / disabilities. They are integral to the story lines of the show, and aren't just used as jokes, but are treated as equal humans, often with their lives together more so than many of the main characters. As someone who has worked with special needs children and adults it really hit a cord with me. Anyway if you need a good laugh, or hell maybe even a good cry check it out. I was very sad to realize the show had been canceled after only two seasons, and really ends on a bit of a cliffhanger which actually kept me up all night thinking about it today, the what would have been next for the characters of the show....its going to make for a very long day as I sit here at my desk at work. I'm hoping that maybe it is a show that Netflix would be interested in bringing back and continuing in the near future since FX seems to be done with it as a network. I strongly recommend the show, and Jim if you ever cruise pinside and get a chance to read this, I just want to say thank you for the great show and sorry for not watching it sooner. It truly brought me great enjoyment. -Tommy Skinner

SPOILER ALERT*****DONT READ IF YOU WANT EVERY MOMENT OF THE SHOW TO BE A PLEASANT SURPRISE

Lastly, if Jim being willing to give Billy (Billy has MS and can't use his hands) a hand-job for his online webcam girlfriend isn't the most loving act of friendship you have ever seen then I think you are a cold heartless person. I don't think a moment so awkward and funny has had me laughing and crying so hard at the same time. As dumb as that whole idea sounds I was left thinking who of my friends do I truly love enough to give a hand-job to? Who would do that for me? Think about it yourself. It really put a lot of friendships and love into perspective.

1 week later
#314 8 years ago

I miss RobT's recs.

1 week later
#315 8 years ago

I've been watching a lot of the Flash and the Arrow and really enjoy both.

#316 8 years ago

Man, Legit was fantastic. I was so sad when it got cancelled.

Me and the GF shotgunned the entire first season of "Love" yesterday and I really liked it, but anyone expecting a sweet rom-com is going to be REALLY disappointed. It's messy, painful, and at times more cringe-worthy than Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I also found it to be very REAL. And it does have some funny stuff in it too, but it's much more than that.

Now on to "Master of None"...

#317 8 years ago

Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime is good.

#318 8 years ago

Where do you guys recommend searching for what's on netflix now? The remote interface is poo. I used to try canistream.it but the results became dubious so I'm on the search for something else.

Are Dark Days or Rich Hill on netflix now? Those are unforgettable movies for me. If you're into documentaries (and not necessarily feel good) these are gems

Also not sure why RobT bailed but hope he returns!

#319 8 years ago

Wife and I started watching Supernatural a few weeks ago, pretty fun if you are into the horror/hunter kinda stuff.

I forgot what thread it was, but I posted I watched a few episodes of Daredevil and didn't get into it but I ended up watching the rest of the season and very much enjoyed.

#320 8 years ago

Just found this thread and skimmed the recommendations but Peaky Blinders was amazing (as recommended above) as was Bloodline.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wife and I started watching Supernatural a few weeks ago, pretty fun if you are into the horror/hunter kinda stuff.
I forgot what thread it was, but I posted I watched a few episodes of Daredevil and didn't get into it but I ended up watching the rest of the season and very much enjoyed.

Try Arrow. I could not get into Daredevil either.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Now on to "Master of None"...

I liked Master of None a lot. Those are Aziz's real parents too, which makes it that much funnier.

Quoted from Skypilot:

Try Arrow. I could not get into Daredevil either.

That's interesting, I've not met anyone that didn't like it yet. It was a little weak in the first few episodes, but then it just starts to get intense. The trailer for Season 2 is out, with the Punisher and Elektra being part of the story now.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The trailer for Season 2 is out, with the Punisher and Elektra being part of the story now.

I saw they're making The Defenders mini series after Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage individual series are finished. I've enjoyed everything they've done on Netflix so far, really looking forward to watching season 2 of Daredevil. i love the Punisher and hope Netflix does that series too.

#324 8 years ago

I was entertained by Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films. All those bad movies from the 80s... That was Cannon and this movie explains the crazy way all those Fun-Bad flicks came to exist.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've not met anyone that didn't like it yet. It was a little weak in the first few episodes,

Maybe thats why. I only watched the first one.

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Maybe thats why. I only watched the first one.

Yep, daredevil was meh the first couple but then got extremely violent.

I have watched some arrow, decent enough show. Is that a WB show? I think supenatural is too, every actress is usually quite cute, ugly people need not apply.

#327 8 years ago

Started watching Legit - thanks for the recommendation! This show is great!

1 month later
#328 8 years ago

The April list of comings/goings is up for Netflix. The full link has the list of goings in it, I didn't paste them here for brevity.

http://www.live5news.com/story/31593216/movies-tv-shows-coming-and-going-in-april-on-netflix?sf23434082=1

I trimmed down the list to ones I would recommend if you haven't seen any of these:

Available April 1
16 Blocks (2006)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Best in Show (2000)
Boogie Nights (1997)
Cujo (1983)
The Princess Bride (1987)
The Right Stuff (1983)
The Running Man (1987)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Scrooged (1988)

Available April 22
Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping (2016) ­­ NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Available April 24
Minions (2015)

#329 8 years ago

Season 4 of House of Cards was outstanding. I haven't watched season 2 of Daredevil yet but I really liked season 1.

#330 7 years ago

Trailer Park Boys newest season was very good.

#331 7 years ago

Documentary Now! Is hilarious!

1 month later
#332 7 years ago

RobT bump. Peaky Blinders is good.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I miss RobT's recs.

Are you sure about that? Once Upon A Time in the West is one of my all time favorite movies but I got the impression that you thought it was "meh."

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have watched some arrow, decent enough show. Is that a WB show? I think supenatural is too, every actress is usually quite cute, ugly people need not apply.

Supernatural, arrow, the flash, iZombie, the 100 are all pretty good CW shows. The CW definitely caters to the high school demographic and normally that means casting good looking people. Now that you've mentioned it I can not think of any ugly people on those shows. One thing that's good about the CW is their shows rarely get canceled.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Really enjoyed Europa Report

On my list to watch this week

#335 7 years ago

I don't think it will come to netflix soon, but it will be the next big thing: AMC PREACHER!!!!

#336 7 years ago

Welcome back RobT. Nice to see you around again.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I don't think it will come to netflix soon, but it will be the next big thing: AMC PREACHER!!!!

The graphic novel series was awesome, hope the show matches up to it.

1440467270234_(resized).jpg1440467270234_(resized).jpg

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The graphic novel series was awesome, hope the show matches up to it.

It does!

1 week later
#339 7 years ago

It looks like this was discussed during my self imposed hiatus, but I have to mention, and strongly recommend, Making a Murderer.

I was completely addicted to this. I watched multiple episodes a night until I was finished watching all 10. Some pretty incredible stuff here. I found it particularly interesting from a legal perspective, but you definitely don't need any legal background to find this to be extremely interesting.

I still can't get over all of the unethical behavior of the police officers and prosecutors.

#340 7 years ago

Season 3 of Peaky Blinders and season 2 of Bloodline both recently released...great stuff

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It looks like this was discussed during my self imposed hiatus, but I have to mention, and strongly recommend, Making a Murderer.
I was completely addicted to this. I watched multiple episodes a night until I was finished watching all 10. Some pretty incredible stuff here. I found it particularly interesting from a legal perspective, but you definitely don't need any legal background to find this to be extremely interesting.
I still can't get over all of the unethical behavior of the police officers and prosecutors.

A lot of this was proven as B.S., artful editing, leaving out of facts that contradict . . . It was made to make you outraged and keep you watching.

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Making a Murderer was made as an advocacy documentary so naturally it is very one sided. It is very entertaining and shows you that you should never say anything to the police once you are suspect. Unfortunately, for those two, their IQs are similar to ranch dressing and a tomato, so they never really had a chance.

Quoted from Taxman:

A lot of this was proven as B.S., artful editing, leaving out of facts that contradict . . . It was made to make you outraged and keep you watching.

Um... define "a lot" please? After viewing the show, I read upwards to 30 articles about the trial, show, and missing facts and while they did leave out some key evidence in the show, Steven A and his nephew definitely weren't as guilty as the media made them out to be. The story is still suspicious.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Like Tomahawkjim, I have read numerous articles about the documentary. Yes, there is no question that some things were left out. But the things that were left would really only go to whether or not you think he was guilty, and had nothing to do with the completely unethical behavior of the police and prosecutor in the case.

So even if you think Avery was guilty, the facts shown in the documentary should still "make you outraged."

The ends do not justify the means.

#344 7 years ago

Just started rating movies at this website, and my top 4 recommendations are Good/Bad/Ugly, Bicycle Thieves, The Lives Of Others, and Exit Through The Gift Shop:

http://www.tasteprofile.io/movies#

If it recommends M I'm going to have to shoot my computer.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you sure about that? Once Upon A Time in the West is one of my all time favorite movies but I got the impression that you thought it was "meh."

Those I found most enjoyable were Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More, but that may be due to heightened expectations for TGTBATU and OUATITW.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just started rating movies at this website, and my top 4 recommendations are Good/Bad/Ugly, Bicycle Thieves, The Lives Of Others, and Exit Through The Gift Shop:
http://www.tasteprofile.io/movies#
If it recommends M I'm going to have to shoot my computer.

Holy fucking shit. After rating those movies I've already seen, "M" is now my top recommendation at 100%. I am now nervously looking outside my window for cyborgs.

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Holy fucking shit. After rating those movies I've already seen, "M" is now my top recommendation at 100%. I am now nervously looking outside my window for cyborgs.

"M" is truly great cinema. A masterpiece.

#348 7 years ago

The Last Man on the Moon is an extremely well crafted documentary. It is narrated, and mostly about, Eugene Cerna. Highly recommended.

#349 7 years ago

Grey Gardens is fascinating documentary that was made a few years before its time. Sort of a one shot reality show about a mother/daughter, down on their luck socialites living in the Hamptons, shot in 1975. Definitely worth a watch.

Then, start watching Documentary Now - one of their episodes spoofs Grey Gardens. But you're gonna wanna watch the real thing first to get all the jokes.

1 week later
#350 7 years ago

Chuck Norris vs Communism is a documentary that I found to be very interesting. I remember when the Revolution took place in Romania, and this documentary does a good job of giving the audience an idea of what it was like living under Communist rule of Ceaușescu. It concentrates on an area that you might not expect (thus the title). Highly recommended.

There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.