4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 535 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

241cbfdd3af4917c980190ec4330fd62 (resized).jpg
IMG_0766 (resized).JPG
1440467270234_(resized).jpg
download.jpg
COWSPIRACYposter.jpg
The-Fall-Gillian-Anderson-blog.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg

There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Yes!! best line in the movie

It came out when I was only a few years old, so I must have rented it at some point in the 90s as a kid, and don't know that I've seen it since, but that line in particular stands out in my memory.

#252 3 years ago

So on the previous page I mentioned Person of Interest is now streaming. I just finished the 4th episode and I remember this was the episode that finally hooked me for good. The ending was very well done and different. Unfortunately work got in the way to watch regularly so I ended up buying the bluray sets which were later stolen from me so I'm glad I can now binge watch again on Netflix.

If you haven't seen the show and like action or shows like the original Fugitive, I highly recommend watching this.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In case anyone hasn't seen it, the best movie ever made in the history of cinema is streaming on Netflix.
Lawrence of Arabia

It just took me 3 days to watch this whole movie, not a fan. I'm a 80's baby, Empire Strikes Back and Back to the Future are still my favorite movies. "No, I am your father"

#254 3 years ago

I just watched Transformers: Age of Extinction. What a terrible ass movie. Damn.

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Anyone watch Night Crawler yet? Any good?

Just watched it a month ago...yes, good flick. Quite dark, but I never got bored, so cool.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just watched Transformers: Age of Extinction. What a terrible ass movie. Damn.

This is what everyone says. I guess there is a reason it's only 18% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I didn't care much for 1 and never saw 2 or 3, but decided to watch Age of Extinction the other day for the dino-bots... I already had low expectations going in, but what a disappointment...

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is what everyone says. I guess there is a reason it's only 18% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

I didn't care much for 1 and never saw 2 or 3, but decided to watch Age of Extinction the other day for the dino-bots... I already had low expectations going in, but what a disappointment...

Yeah, I was going into it just looking forward to the 30 minutes of robot fighting, but even that was pretty lame.

I'm going to watch "Bill Burr: I'm sorry you feel that way" tonight.

#259 3 years ago

Just watched Zombeavers last night on all the recommendations.
My vote for best line in the movie..
"But they don't look like baseball players"

Out of context not funny at all, but if you watched the movie it becomes hilarious.

#260 3 years ago

I started watching Automata last night, but I fell asleep about halfway through. I was really enjoying it, though. Looking forward to the conclusion.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

It just took me 3 days to watch this whole movie

If it took you 3 days to watch it, there is no way you were going to get the full enjoyment out of it in my opinion. Lawrence is the epic of all epics!

99% rating at RT

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lawrence_of_arabia/

Considered the 7th greatest film ever made by the American Film Institute (too low in my opinion!)

http://www.afi.com/100years/movies10.aspx

#262 3 years ago

Finished watching the first season of Narcos.

Excellent series! Best original Netlix series in quite awhile. Looking forward to next season, which has now been confirmed will be coming based on the high ratings for season one.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If it took you 3 days to watch it, there is no way you were going to get the full enjoyment out of it in my opinion. Lawrence is the epic of all epics!

yeah i just don't get it. way too long and i couldn't stay interested. still glad i watched it though and i'll add racing on camels in the desert to my bucket list.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

yeah i just don't get it. way too long and i couldn't stay interested

Yes, I understand that not everyone enjoys some of the greatest movies ever made.

1 week later
#265 3 years ago

Watched a 2003 horror film called Dead End last night. Really enjoyed it!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#266 3 years ago

I agree Rob. Narcos Is definately an excellent Series.After watching the first episode , I binge watched all the episodes in one sitting. Cant wait until season 2 comes out. This rates right up there with Lilyhammer. Which is another Netflix series I binge watched.

#267 3 years ago

If you want something to share with kids or just want to watch some lighter movies: Jumanji and Zathura are streaming.

I didn't know much about Zathura when it came out other than thinking it was directly copying Jumanji with a space theme. I think it was an official spiritual sequel, though. I watched it the other day for the first time. It's ok, but not as a good as I remember Jumanji being, though Jumanji may be awful if I watched it again as an adult. Zathura is directed by John Favreau who did Iron Man 1 and 2.

#268 3 years ago

Breaking Bad and Dexter. Great TV series streaming on Netflix.

#269 3 years ago

If you want something to share with kids or just want to watch some lighter movies: Jumanji and Zathura are streaming.

We just watched Jumanji with the kids for the first time last weekend. It had been a while since my wife and I had seen it, but we all enjoyed it.

Good idea about Zathura, I forgot about that one.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Breaking Bad and Dexter. Great TV series streaming on Netflix.

Breaking Bad gets better each season. Dexter gets worse each season, so it's hard to figure out where to stop. I quit after season 4.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Breaking Bad gets better each season. Dexter gets worse each season, so it's hard to figure out where to stop. I quit after season 4.

What!? I'll grant that Dexter has full seasons that are turds, but I thought seasons 2 and 4 were some of the best, 4 being my favorite.

I agree about Breaking Bad. At it's worst there are a couple throwaway episodes like that pointless fly episode.

#272 3 years ago

I agree about Breaking Bad. At it's worst there are a couple throwaway episodes like that pointless fly episode.

I love The Fly episode.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love The Fly episode.

Lol, me too.

#274 3 years ago

Dunno if it's on netflix by Primer is the best movie I've seen in the last few years.

#275 3 years ago

The Wrecking Crew (documentary on 1960s session musicians)

http://www.netflix.com/title/70105364

2 weeks later
#276 3 years ago

Has anyone mentioned Time Lapse yet? I watched that last week and loved it. Great time travellingish type movie.

#277 3 years ago

I have to admit that I've really been enjoying Longmire a lot. It didn't seem that interesting to me based on the description, but thought I'd give it a chance based on the good reviews, and I'm glad I did.

#278 3 years ago

I finished "Daredevil" last night. Really fun show!

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love The Fly episode.

I read somewhere that The Fly episode was done during the writer strike that occured a few years ago, lol.

#280 3 years ago

Kung Fu Killer is a great martial arts action movie!

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I finished "Daredevil" last night. Really fun show!

I actually stopped watching it after around the 7th or 8th episode. Thought it was pretty good, but it really never quite pulled me in. Might go back to it when I run out of other things to watch.

#282 3 years ago

Serenity and Firefly for the SyFi fans. A Space Western film. How gould you not like it?

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Serenity and Firefly for the SyFi fans. A Space Western film. How gould you not like it?

Firefly is streaming now? Cool! Very, very highly recommended.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Half comedy, half western, half sci-fi - 50% better than most shows.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Kung Fu Killer is a great martial arts action movie!

Watched this last night. Thanks for the recommendation. Quality martial arts action. The story wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it overall.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Firefly is streaming now? Cool! Very, very highly recommended.

This is a huge cult classic, particularly among geeks, so I expected to love it. But I just couldn't get into it. I have a high sensitivity to low budget production, average acting and scripts. 99% of all sci-fi TV shows fail at this unfortunately.

#287 3 years ago

Watching First Blood right now. Been awhile since I've seen it. Always a good time.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I randomly came across a science fiction movie on Netflix last night called Parallels. It caught my eye because it was written and directed by the same guy who did a mini-series that I love called The Lost Room. I watched the whole thing only to discover that it was originally intended to be a pilot for a TV series. Apparently, the series didn't get picked up, so now I'm just left hanging. Bummer. It was an interesting premise, and the acting wasn't bad.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3479316/?ref_=nm_knf_i1

Parallels.jpg

I loved The Lost Room! Fantastic x 100! Adding Parallels to my watch list.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

I mostly watch scifi and loved "Primer". I recommend watching without reading the description first, adds to the appreciation and intrigue in my opinion. Also this one takes some focus to follow, so give it your full attention.

Another classic! Loved it. Low budget sci-fi with a great story.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Agree totally.

#290 3 years ago

Someone on here mentioned Horns. Just got done watching it and it was a surprisingly refreshing movie.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Someone on here mentioned Horns. Just got done watching it and it was a surprisingly refreshing movie.

Same, it sat in my List forever, I'm glad I finally watched it

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Same, it sat in my List forever, I'm glad I finally watched it

Lets not forget there were 4 or 5 pinballs in there. Stern Galaxy buried in a garage. Silverball Mania and wasn't quick enough to catch the others.

#294 3 years ago

Finally, more Arrow on October 7.

#295 3 years ago

One more link to some movies you might've overlooked or never heard of http://coolmaterial.com/feature/10-great-movies-on-netflix-youve-probably-never-seen/

#296 3 years ago

I am sure I've said it before and Ill say it again but HOUSEBOUND is a must, its a quirky hor-com, great New Zealand film. Also the Canal is another must see on the current list. If you have HBOGO a recent add is Trick R' Treat (2007) horror film.

#297 3 years ago

The Wind that Shakes the Barley on this list. Great movie.

#298 3 years ago

I've been binge watching x-files. I was too young to watch when it came out, but damn there are some good episodes (and a few meh episodes).

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I've been binge watching X-files. I was too young to watch when it came out, but damn there are some good episodes (and a few meh episodes).

I was a huge fan of the X-Files in my youth and loved the whole alien conspiracy (Art Bell radio listener here!) along with the individual creature-feature episodes. At one time I owned all the episodes on DVD and have gone through several re-watchings in order. I'm excited to see that the X-Files is coming back in January 2016 for a limited run (6 to 7 episodes?), but I have my doubts that it will catch on.

Gillian Anderson did a British crime TV show called "The Fall" which is on Netflix and I enjoyed it. She's a great actor and still very much a Fox.

http://www.netflix.com/title/70272726

The-Fall-Gillian-Anderson-blog.jpg

#300 3 years ago

COWSPIRACYposter.jpg

download.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 19.95
$ 4.95
$ 229.99
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.00
There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside