monstersquad3.jpg
Parallels.jpg
ra.jpg
raising_arizona_back_in_prison.jpg
head_go_boom.gif
primer_wtf.jpg
primer-primer.png
image.jpg
There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Have you guy's seen "The Wild and Wonderful White's of West Virginia"?

I work with a guy who is directly related to that family. Yes, he is almost as wacked out as they are.

#102 8 years ago

^ I bet he's got some good story's...

#103 8 years ago

Oculus was really great. One of my favorite "creepy" horror movies. If you like Oculus, you should watch Sinister. It was creepy as hell. I don't think it's on Netflix streaming at the moment, but definitely worth a watch if you like that kind of movie.

#104 8 years ago

Is Oculus the one with the hot redhead from Doctor Who?

#105 8 years ago

Neither Moon nor Ex Machina appear to be on Netflix.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is Oculus the one with the hot redhead from Doctor Who?

Yes

#107 8 years ago

Cut throat kitchen

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wet Hot American Summer!!! ...and then watch the PREQUEL series that debuts tomorrow where everyone is still playing teenagers even though they're 15 years older lol

Dude. this new series is ridiculous. My wife and I love it!

#109 8 years ago

Paste Magazine regularly puts out a list of the 100 best movies that are streaming on Netflix. This one was just released yesterday and includes a lot of the movies already mentioned in this thread.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/the-100-best-movies-streaming-on-netflix-august-20.html

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Old Boy - the original movie, not the remake

The original Oldboy is great but, my copy is a nicely packaged Region 3 copy from Ebay and find the subtittles are better than most US imported versions, things like jokes aren't Americanized to stay funny at the cost of context.

I didn't watch the remake. I just didn't think the original needed any improvement.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I didn't watch the remake. I just didn't think the original needed any improvement.

Its worth watching for Elizabeth Olsen (Olsen twins little sister). She is actually a much better actress and she is becoming more and more famous. Just not enough violence and more drama in this version.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dude. this new series is ridiculous. My wife and I love it!

I gotta say after being so hyped up I was a little disappointed. I feel like I got more of these characters in the 1 1/2 hr movie than in the 4 hr series. It wasn't quite as absurd as the movie and it relied a bit too much repeating jokes and focusing too much on "origin" stories. I mean, I'm glad they made it, I got some laughs out of it...but the movie is so so so so so so much better.

#113 8 years ago

Fresh - 1994

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I gotta say after being so hyped up I was a little disappointed. I feel like I got more of these characters in the 1 1/2 hr movie than in the 4 hr series. It wasn't quite as absurd as the movie and it relied a bit too much repeating jokes and focusing too much on "origin" stories. I mean, I'm glad they made it, I got some laughs out of it...but the movie is so so so so so so much better.

Agreed. It's still worth 4 hours of time, just not as good as the movie.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Okay. I will watch the movie too. I guess I liked it more cause I have never seen the movie before.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. I will watch the movie too. I guess I liked it more cause I have never seen the movie before.

OMG dude, watch it ASAP! If you liked the show you'll love the movie.

Wow, I'm just thinking how weird it must be to watch it "in reverse" but technically the right order lol. For you it will feel like a sequel! Yet Coop is 100 lbs lighter on the last day of camp lol.

#117 8 years ago

Just watched first episode of Sense 8. Interesting start. Definitely intrigued. Glad it's on Netflix. If this were network tv with commercials, I wouldn't make it through it.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG dude, watch it ASAP! If you liked the show you'll love the movie.
Wow, I'm just thinking how weird it must be to watch it "in reverse" but technically the right order lol. For you it will feel like a sequel! Yet Coop is 100 lbs lighter on the last day of camp lol.

The movie was great. I still can't believe that one escaped me for so long.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Just watched first episode of Sense 8. Interesting start. Definitely intrigued. Glad it's on Netflix. If this were network tv with commercials, I wouldn't make it through it.

Sense 8 moves very slowly. They could have cut the episodes in half and made a much better series.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Paste Magazine regularly puts out a list of the 100 best movies that are streaming on Netflix. This one was just released yesterday and includes a lot of the movies already mentioned in this thread.
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/the-100-best-movies-streaming-on-netflix-august-20.html

Great link!

You deserve a ton of thumbs up for providing it. Not sure why I'm the only one to give you one 5 days later!?

I see that the Bicycle Thief is listed. Another great classic cinema masterpiece (nice that they put it in their number 1 spot).

OH! And my 2nd favorite movie of all time is also streaming right now: Once Upon a Time in the West!

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sense 8 moves very slowly. They could have cut the episodes in half and made a much better series.

After 4 episodes so far, I'm hooked.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Great link!
You deserve a ton of thumbs up for providing it. Not sure why I'm the only one to give you one 5 days later!?
I see that the Bicycle Thief is listed. Another great classic cinema masterpiece (nice that they put it in their number 1 spot).
OH! And my 2nd favorite movie of all time is also streaming right now: Once Upon a Time in the West!

Wow, there are some stellar movies that I didn't realize were currently streaming. The Bicycle Thief is a special film that sticks with you long after viewing, much like Life is Beautiful. Those Italians can make some decent moving pictures.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Wow, there are some stellar movies that I didn't realize were currently streaming. The Bicycle Thief is a special film that sticks with you long after viewing, much like Life is Beautiful. Those Italians can make some decent moving pictures.

There are some great Italian films for sure.

Have you seen Fillini's 8 1/2?

Cinema Paradiso?

Umberto D?

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Quoted from Geocab:

After 4 episodes so far, I'm hooked.

It really starts to get rolling around episode 4. I was hooked by that point as well. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

#125 8 years ago

Django Unchained

Jamie Fox, Samuel L. Jackson, Leonardo DiCaprio.

Twisted humor, and excessive violence.

Definitely not a date movie, its more of, late night sitting on the couch with my dog, kind of movie.

Typical Tarantino, I enjoyed it.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Django Unchained
Jamie Fox, Samuel L. Jackson, Leonardo DiCaprio.
Twisted humor, and excessive violence.
Definitely not a date movie, its more of, late night sitting on the couch with my dog, kind of movie.
Typical Tarantino, I enjoyed it.

Haha. This movie was one of the best date nights my wife and I have had.

#127 8 years ago

Not movies but I recently enjoyed WW2 in HD then Vietnam in HD.

#128 8 years ago

Haven't seen these mentioned yet:

LFO: The Movie
Mystery Road
Adore
Fletch
Abduction of Eden
The Puffy Chair
V/H/S (the first is the best, the others..okay at best)
Creep
Unfinished Sky
Faults

#129 8 years ago

Now we're talking. Haha.

Quoted from gottem:

V/H/S (the first is the best, the others..okay at best)

Completely forgot about these. First one is a must watch.

#130 8 years ago

1) The Babdook.
2) Housebound
3) An Honest Liar

#131 8 years ago

Just finished Sense8. I liked it, but agree that it was a tad slow in parts. Hope we get a lot more like the finale next season. But if JMS has the same 5 year plan as B5, it'll be like a novel, beginning, middle, and end. Definitely should pick up a bit next season.

#132 8 years ago

Watched The Babadook last night. It's a well done movie, with a slightly slow pace that adds tension gradually. For me the payoff didn't quite live up to the slow build up, but it was still a very good movie overall. Loved the acting of the young boy. In many ways this movie is less about horror than it is about life and how a tragedy can have such a psychological impact on a long term basis.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Watched The Babadook last night. It's a well done movie, with a slightly slow pace that adds tension gradually. For me the payoff didn't quite live up to the slow build up, but it was still a very good movie overall. Loved the acting of the young boy. In many ways this movie is less about horror than it is about life and how a tragedy can have such a psychological impact on a long term basis.

This is like dead on what my opinion was as well. Great movie.

#134 8 years ago

If you guys haven't watched the "Terriers" series, you really should. Filmed on location in San Diego, it's a show about two down on their luck Private Investigators (one is an ex-cop, one's an ex-con) trying to make a living in SD, only to get involved in this wicked case that threatens not only their lives but also the lives of the people they love.

It's amazing and you should totally watch it.

#135 8 years ago

Not a movie, but if you like to laugh check out the TV show "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23". The titular bitch is played by Krysten Ritter. Otherwise known as the chick who pulled a Hendrix in Breaking Bad. You also get James Van Der Beek playing (and mocking) himself, spinning pure comedic gold in the process. Well worth a watch in my opinion.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It's amazing and you should totally watch it.

Totally

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

OH! And my 2nd favorite movie of all time is also streaming right now: Once Upon a Time in the West

Nice! For the longest time, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and "Once Upon a Time in the West" were my two favorite movies. Can't go wrong with Leone!

#138 8 years ago

I hope you're sincere and not just creeping on me from thread to thread.

Because that would be awkward.

For you.

#139 8 years ago

Creep

Not the best movie but fun and <80 minutes.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There are some great Italian films for sure.
Have you seen Fillini's 8 1/2?
Cinema Paradiso?
Umberto D?

I haven't. Still need to catch Once Upon A Time In The West, too.

I probably would not have seen Bicycle Thief, but my dad cannot pass up a sale on Criterion Collection discs. Bicycle Thief and M are probably two of the most memorable classics I've seen with him. Also watched Witness for the Prosecution, The Apartment, Hobson's Choice, and The Third Man (not sure if these were Criterion or not).

#141 8 years ago

Watched simon pegg's "kill me 3 times" yesterday. It was quite good

#142 8 years ago

miamiconnection_poster-final__small.jpgmiamiconnection_poster-final__small.jpg

Doh!
I guess it's not on Netflix streaming anymore but still, totally worth watching!

#143 8 years ago

Just noticed that Kurosawa's Kagemusha is streaming on Netflix right now. Excellent movie from one of the all time great directors.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nice! For the longest time, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and "Once Upon a Time in the West" were my two favorite movies. Can't go wrong with Leone!

The man with no name trilogy was awesome when it was streaming. I wish they would stream The Outlaw Josey Wales soon.

#145 8 years ago

If you like music and a little bit of history, I enjoyed the documentary "Muscle Shoals".

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

miamiconnection_poster-final__small.jpg
Doh!
I guess it's not on Netflix streaming anymore but still, totally worth watching!

I recently bought the Blu-Ray since Netflix removed it. Worth having it permanently !

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Watched simon pegg's "kill me 3 times" yesterday. It was quite good

I must be missing something then. I love Simon Pegg so I started it last week. I got about a 1/3 the way through and couldn't stand it.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Worth having it permanently !

Totally agree!

See, I knew we had to have something in common!

When Drafthouse announced the re-release of this great film I bought the full lot.

523759_521497897864438_749885493_n__full.jpg523759_521497897864438_749885493_n__full.jpg

The poster is hung next to the entrance of the game room and I'll sometimes wear the shirt to amusement parks to see if there are any other MC fans out there.
So far I've met five others...including you.
Maybe someday Netflix will bring it back so that other unsuspecting moviestayers can behold all the "stupid cocaine" glory.

Plus, who doesn't love a villain simply named Jeff?!?

#149 8 years ago

I was just randomly browsing on Netflix this evening and the documentary "Antarctica: A Year On Ice" caught by eye. It is a very informative and interesting view into the world of people living on Antarctica. I highly recommend it.

#150 8 years ago

Just watched "I Origins". Thought I'd mention it, pretty good movie, I was surprised.

There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-recommend-netflix-instant-watch-movies-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.